How This Movie COuld have been better

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by hound88, Jul 8, 2011.

1. hound88

hound88 Well-Known Member

OK, the action scenes were good, and quite a lot of robot scenes.

BUT, the following could be added to make it even better:

1) GIve Shockwave some bloody intelligent lines instead of just growling?? Michael Bay obviously doesn't know Shockwave's personality, or he just stubbornly wanted to turn old Shockwave into a monster. All he does is growl and barks in the film like a bear. THere is no sign of intelligence in0 DOTM Shockwave, and no character development at all! For a main character, he also got killed off too fast! There is no build up, no fight, no taunting.

2)Stop focusing so much on Epps, Lennox and his team. HOw many scenes did we see keep cutting back and forth between them trying to track some buildings, trying to figure out how to get to this and that place, strategizing, getting ready. IF ONLY THESE TYPES OF SCENES ARE SHOWN FOR THE ROBOTS!!!!!! Then it would be a GREAT movie!

3) WHy let the autobots get captured? What was that all about? And they didnt show how they were captured.

4) SHow more robot to robot fire fight and hand combats. Especially the Wreckers could have taken out a few known decepticons.

5) Stop just focusing on BUmblebee and Prime being the badass autobots who can kill all the main bad characters. We could have seen how Ratchet, Dino etc develop their characters.

6) Have more known decepticons instead of just copycat foot soldiers.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    All very valid points, particularly those regarding Shockwave, named Decepticons and robot versus robot combat.

Unfortunately, these are just symptoms. The root problem runs far deeper.

3. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

1 - Corey Burton didn't want to do the character, I think that's why he went so mute. But alas I agree, they could have done more with him, Frank Welker's Shockwave would be interesting to see.

2 - Agreed partially. ["partially" for budget reasons and because I liked those scenes].

3 - See, that's funny: Autobots kill everyone, people complain is too one-sided, Autobots get captured by the Decepticons [one of them is coldly executed even] and are about to get slaughtered, people complain.
    I do agree they could have shown how they got captured.

4 - Agreed.

5 - Agreed.

6 - Agreed partially: These designs are ridicuously expensive, we can't have a full-army of well-known Decepticons, and having fewer Decepticons help giving them more character.
    The "agreed" part is because I really think some 'Cons in DOTM were sub-used [The Dreads and Shockwave stand out] and could have more of a role.

4. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I think that has more to do with the fact that he talks in god damn Cybertronian, which I can't fucking stand. I mean come on. I know why they did it in the first one was so that the first Decepticon that spoke was Barricade and Bumblebee was a mute so the first Autobot you heard speak English was Optimus, but it's fucking ridiculous. Having a character like Shockwave say only one line in English and the rest in Cybertronian is beyond bullshit. At least use god damn subtitles you bastards.

I like NEST, but alot of their scenes could have been cut and given to the Autobots or the Decepticons.

So the Autobots can be in some danger? They don't really have to show it but it would have been nice.

They had alot more robot fighting in this one compared to ROTF. Not to mention it costs alot of money to render Transformers with the Bayformers designs.

Bumblebee will always be focused on because he is the kid character, the character every kid likes. With Optimus, people complain alot when he doesn't get focused on. I mean, go to the Prime forum and have a look, you should find some people complaining about him doing nothing in the show. Ratchet did about as much as he did in ROTF and TF07 so why should he get character development now. Dino got about as much focus as Sideswipe got in ROTF, so same thing.

6) Have more known decepticons instead of just copycat foot soldiers.[/QUOTE]

The problem with that is alot of people complain about Decepticons getting killed too easily when they are drones, imagine the fan backlash if more named Con were getting killed.

5. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Might have worked - I know a lot of people wouldn't have minded to see Thundercracker & Skywarp etc.. and as for cannon fodder anyone is better than those Protoforms.

It could have worked rather well if it had been Stunticons or Stormtroopers scrapping the Autobots or if they wanted Jets Predators, Trakkons, and other small subgroup members like type 2 Targetmasters, Triggercons, Firecons, Duocons, Skyscorchers, and so on.

I think there's a blink and you miss it bot that looks like Slugslinger though that is one of the Decepticons flyers coming out of the Space Bridge rift.

6. megachin

megachin Banned

Oh for god sakes there are 10 millions things that could have been better

stop making these threads.

yes shockwave needed a bigger role

we get it

Please go watch g1

7. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Woo buddy, take it easy. It's ok for people to have a different opinion.

8. megachin

megachin Banned

Fine okay

Sometimes I think you guys just hate bay

9. Autob ironhide

Autob ironhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    More epic battles.

10. TIAXGRIMLOCK

TIAXGRIMLOCK Active Member

Shockwave didn't do much in the G1 Cartoon...

We are talking about the "MARVEL COMICS"

11. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    The 3D models are expensive to model, animate and render yes, but then why not have Thundercracker, Skywarp to be digital 'repaints' of Starscream and why not have digital repaints of Sideways and Barricade to form the Stunticons team ?

Having fewer Decepticons didn't really give them more character. Mute Shockwave much character ?

All in all....waaaaaay too much budget into non transforming anonymous flying drone ships and the Driller pet was a complete waste of resources imo.

12. Overlord Balder

Because that would confuse the SHIT out of the audiences.

I complained about that, I was refering to Soundwave, SS, Megs and Laserbeak.

Driller was a BAMF.

13. knoted

News Credits:
    ... and in the other thread people are literally ASKING for Decepticons with different colour schemes, claiming Colour is the decisive element of recognition...because I just stated the movieverse Decepticons have
    very differentiating body shapes and silhouettes.

Heck, G1 seekers & coneheads were the exact same animation models albeit with different colours.

14. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

Are people watching this film that dumb? In 1984 they used various colours on Starscream's model and we didn't think they were all starscream.

15. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Different voices and personalities helped, too.

16. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    you're assuming everyone has a basic knowledge of transformers. believe it or not, some people would just not get it

17. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

I am saying in 1984 7 year old kids didn't know what a Transformer was but it worked.

18. Overlord Balder

Different colour scheme is fine, what would be confusing is two characters with the same model.

Key-word is "Seven Years Old": Multiple Starscreams is techinically a very strange idea, but we were simply too young to question the logic of it.

People today would look at utter "WHAT THE SHIT?" at the fact there's three Starscreams walking around the same movie because that simply doesn't make sense for a common movie-goer.

One of the main problems is that Starscream's design is very distinctive, people would recognize him everywhere, different color-scheme or not [while G1-SS design was a bit more generic], AND Starcream's design would be harder to give a new color-scheme.

I mean, G1-Screamer had a shitload of different body-parts to color [his "belt", his head, his "boots", e.t.c], due the Bayverse "twisted metal" nature everything is "tied" together, would be quite hard to give him a new color-scheme.

19. knoted

News Credits:
    DOTM Thundercracker says Hi.

Srry, but your argument is just grasping for straws.

20. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    no need to get snarky. a toy does not negate the argument that ON SCREEN, it would be confusing to the average moviegoer.