How they should do Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Rexidus, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Okay I'm just going to admit it. Rodimus Prime is one of my favorite characters and it sucks that most hate him.

I REALLY want him to receive the character arc he deserves. I think the Transfromers universe can survive without Optimus always being the Prime. To that end I wish to voice what I would do with the character in Transformers Prime.

First off, I would introduce him in season 2 or 3 as a new main cast member. I would name him Rodimus because that name is better than Hot Rod plus the rights thing.

Rodimus would be a brash headstrong character who often gets into trouble. In the next season I would thrust him into a leadership position briefly (an episode, maybe two) by Optimus. During his leadership he makes a couple big mistakes but via his own leadership pulls things out of the fire.

Over the rest of the season I would then show Optimus relying on him more and more. Then before Rodimus is ready, Optimus has a heroic standoff and dies, forcing Rodimus Prime to step into his boots. Now he would be a competent and good leader. In fact I would probably try to portray him as a better leader than Optimus because he has huge shoes to fill. Also he's supposedly the "chosen one" so I don't want his leadership to fail.

I want to mirror Cheetrors growth from Beast Wars/Machines. I felt it was a great and natural character arc and wish Rodimus had gotten one as well.

This has been just some rambling from me. We now return you to your regularly scheduled surfing.

2. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Or they could get a new character or someone else who hasn't had the spotlight for a while.

Just sayin....

3. Rexidus

News Credits:
    Rodimus Prime is a part of the core mythos of Transformers. I want him to be portrayed well and become a worthy successor to Optimus. Plus, as I said, he's my favorite character.

Really I don't know why you post that. It just seems like a dick thing to say.

4. Tiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because many people on these boards go crazy over who they want in, even if they don't make sense. Oh hey, lets get the dinobots, Sixshot, Deathsaurus, Beast Wars Megatron, Rosanna, some nobody from G1 that had a toy, and Signal Lancer in on this too.

No one ever lets the show play out and explore their characters first, be it new or old. It's quite frankly getting annoying. I mean, I have my favorites, but I don't go around saying that they should be stuck in every media.

5. Rexidus

News Credits:
    Then keep it to yourself.

6. Brutimus Prime

Brutimus Prime Icepick Enthusiast

I think we've gotten enough "Rodimus fan love" this year.

They've already got a pretty sizable cast as it is, and I don't wanna see any stunted character development if it can be avoided. Besides, the "insecure, flawed, but ultimately well-meaning leader" has already been done once. If they really want to try something new, they should make Ratchet the leader for a season or so, just to see how his general attitude would clash with "the Autobot cause".

Anyway, this version of Bumblebee, as well as the movieverse one, seem to be sort of Rodimus-inspired, and I, for one, would love to see the fanbase's reaction if this series gave rise to "Goldbug Prime".

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    No such thing.

8. Rexidus

News Credits:
    High five Split.

Brutimus, I respectfully disagree with your opinion. I would never want to see BB become Prime. Ratchet having a Rhinox like role I could stand and would appreciate though.

9. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Geez man why don't you just let him be. There's nothing wrong with him wanting Rodimus in the show. If it's annoying why are you even in this topic?

10. Brutimus Prime

Brutimus Prime Icepick Enthusiast

Well, it was just a joke. Suppose it's my way of saying that there's NO WAY Hasbro is going to bring Rodimus into TF Prime. I mean, realistically speaking, there just is NO WAY.

I know so many people love Rodimus and all that, but I don't see Hasbro giving the show producers red light to kill off Optimus and introduce a new leader, cause of toy sales, etc. Gotta keep in mind, when doing a show like this, you have to appeal to the masses, and, sadly, the masses don't know Hotrod, and they'd probably be reluctant to accept him. Just remember how people reacted to him back in the day.

Don't get me wrong... I like Rodimus, too. Sadly, the majority don't seem to fancy him.

11. Rexidus

News Credits:
    Yeah I agree with that. This was a wish list anyway but I agree. We'll never see Transformers without Optimus Prime.

But it's because I do remember how people reacted that I always look at him and want him to be redone but better. I see a lot of similarities between Hot Rod and Cheetor and by the end of Beast Machines Cheetor was worthy successor for Primal. I loved watching him grow into that role and knew he would be great at it. I just wish Hot Rod had had that chance.

But yeah, they won't replace Optimus and if Rodimus is shown it will be like in Animated just a side character.

12. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Aren't we kind of looking way ahead ourselves by talking about introducing Hot Rod/Rodimus into the series in season 2 or 3? I mean, we've only seen two episodes. Let's see where it goes before worrying about introducing new bots into the mix. Pretty sure we need to see more named Decepticons before more Autobots show up.

13. Tiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because I'm getting fed up with it. It's not just this topic, there are similar topics that crop up every week, like that Sixshot one a while back.

If my opinion angers you folks so be it. I won't post in these threads anymore, this being my first time.

14. Rexidus

News Credits:
    When you encounter threads that you see all the time, posting aggravated and snide comments does nothing but piss you off more. Just ignore them.

15. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    News flash, you can't control what others post. If the topic annoys just ignore it. You'll be better off. Let people have a wish list. I'm sure you wouldn't like if the same was done to you.

16. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    Personally, I would like them to make a Rodimus 'Prime' be of the goatee-bearing Shattered Glass variety.

If they want (or have) to keep the indigenous Rodimus away from the Matrix, going with the evil counterpart (as well as a more heroic Galvatron to match) could be a way to get the character in... but not in the way most might expect.

And since it's likely the proportion of fans who already know about the SG comics relative to those out there watching the show might not be all that high, they would still be 'new' to most.

17. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Well since Prime and WFC both borrow from Exodus, then it seems unlikely that he would be named Rodimus or Hot Rod.

He's called Hot Shot in WFC.

18. Cyclonus86

Cyclonus86 Wrecker - Wreck 'N' Rule

News Credits:
    I disagree , with his MP figure releasing just around the corner and with the slim possibility that the Ferrari in DOTM could be Roddy I think it’s time for the character to have a comeback in television .

Furman has actually redefined and reinvigorated the character in the IDW comics and is quite a fan favorite. The same thing could be done for TF: Prime. Plus it was a bummer to learn from Wyatt that if TF: Animated had continued into its 4th season , Rodiums and his team would have been given a bigger role.

On how to handle the character I think he should be a mix of his Animated qualities; highly skilled team leader but with IDW ‘s swagger and attitude of going of the books to get the job done.

Also I don’t see why Hot Rod can't coexist and work with Optimus. Prime don’t need to be dead for Hot Rod to be interesting or relevant. They could have him commanding his own “ wrecker like unit” totally detached from Prime command. This silly notion that Hot Rod is a bad kibosh to Prime need to end.

19. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I agree with everything you said. Rodimus Prime is also my number one favorite TF character/toy of all time.

I too think Rodimus Prime isn't getting the screen time plus respect he clearly deserves in the cartoons,comics & new TF toy lines.

Hopefully optimus dies in the TF3 Movie & TF Prime cartoon series & IDW Comics. then Rodimus Prime becomes the new autobot faction leader for a few years.

I always viewed Rodimus Prime as stronger,braver,smarter & more experienced than optimus prime.

20. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

If they do Rodimus, they'd probably do him like Animated. Rodimus is another Autobot commander (maybe not a "Prime" yet, but everyone talks like he will be one day) with his own squad off fighting the Decepticons in space somewhere. They show up every so often and do stuff.

(Obviously, his team is Dinobot-I-Mean-Uh-"Dynobot", Signal Lancer, X-Brawn, Rosanna and Drift.)