How they can do a Classics Springer

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tehKOREANdude, May 8, 2011.

1. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    Though I was too young to remember the finer details, the 86 movie was my very first encounter with Transformers (Note that I was not alive in 1986). Back when I was a lil one, I strolled into the vhs rental store, and happened across the movie. There were robits on the box, so I rented it and watched it. The characters of the 86 movie, consequently, have always been cool to me.

that being said, I want a good Classics Springer. I know there has been one, but that was a repaint. what I want is a good deluxe springer who can "triple change".

I understand the cost problems with developing a triple changing transformer. that being said, I think it could be effectively done with Springer if they made him a good tf that turns into a car, and kinda half-assedly turn into a helicopter. For the helicopter conversion, I'd be fine with the legs just extending out to form the tail, and the wheels folding up, and a sword becoming a propeller (ala animated leader megs). basically, I'd be fine with a good car springer, with the helicopter aspect being an after thought of sorts, sort of like what they did with Tracks and his flying mode.

How do you think they should/could handle a classics springer?

2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I really don't understand the cost difference in a triple changer as compared to a standard. They're still the same size class, but it's almost charging more "because it took longer to think up".

3. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind, I'd buy one! I'd prefer a Voyager size though.

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    If you completely disassemble a triple changer and a two-mode robot, say, Classics Starscream and Astrotrain (or any two made at the same time), you'll probably see many and more intricate pieces. Plus, it probably takes more manhours to get the design created and the kinks worked out.

5. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I think Voyagers should be the size class for any future triple changers. It'd just be easier to engineer details of the transformation with a larger size class, and a Voyager allows for more moving parts too.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    They'll have to eventually, Blitzwing as well.

They are running out of G1 season 1-3 charecters.

7. Computer5

Computer5 Well-Known Member

Warbot Defender is a pretty good sub....

8. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Not many people have the kind of money to purchase that 3rd party stuff. I sure don't.

9. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

I don't know, they already did a Springer namesake in the universe line, does Hasbro usually go back and do a 2nd take when the first one isn't generally applauded.....I guess they did that with Dirge, huh? I'm still not holding my breath.

10. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to say, I'm not sure why of all Triple Changers Hasbro can't/think they can't do a decent Springer. Unlike the other Triple Changers, Springer's two vehicle modes look a heckuva lot like each other. Make the car, fold the wheels under, slap rotor blades on the roof and you're 4/5ths of the way there already. Train/space shuttle? Hmm, ehh. Tanker truck/jumbo jet? Uh, meh. Tank/jet? Whoa, lemme get back to you on that one. Futuristic car/futuristic helicopter? C'mon, what's the big deal? THEY ALREADY LOOK ALIKE.

And I know there're a lot of people who'd like to see a Voyager Springer, but I must insist on a Deluxe. That way he's more in scale with the Rodimus, Kup, Blurr and Wreck-Gar figures that have come out recently.

11. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    But astrotrain and Starscream still cost the same amount.

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I think part of the problem is that Hasbro can't simply remake Springer into a more articulated deluxe using the exact same design, his alt. modes need to look more "realistic" as per new Classics mold designs are. Which means the car mode needs to look vaguely somewhat like something that exists in real life and the helicopter mode does as well.

I guess somebody will ask about a Classics Springer at Botcon this year, since alot of the previous favorites (Jazz, Wheeljack, etc.) got the (admittedly poorly-distrbuted and stocked) figures this year.

13. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    IIRC, Hasbro said they average out the cost in DX assorments. So what they added on Astrotrain, maybe they cut elsewhere.

Hardhead?

14. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    i'm ssure it is. however, i can only stomach (financially, not morally) buying one 3rd party fig every year. It's hard for me to pay anything above leader price point for one figure.

15. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    and judging by the looks of the alternate head on warpath, we'll see it a third time eventually

16. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

To buy. Doesn't mean they cost the same to produce.

Besides, there didn't have to be a whole lot of work done for Classics Starscream. Much of the design had been taken from the Robot Masters model.

Not saying Hasbro/Takara can't afford to create a Deluxe Triple-Changing Springer, they simply haven't wanted to. And I think the recent vein of making Deluxe figures far more complicated than they need to be is a big hinderance in that. Both Astrotrain and Octane are pretty simple figures that accomplish exactly what they need to as Triple-Changers.

17. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I hope hasbro do do a class style DLX springer some time soon, the re paints are a joke and WBD is good but its some what over done.

As for his more real alt modes, I was never sure what his land based mode was meant to be, it had 4 whiles, tails fins, a space that looked as if it could fit one person and a gun on top. So a tank or a racing car with a shockingly unfair edge?

I hope thy go with some kind of armoured car or army type transport, would make the change to helicopter a lot easyer in my mind.

18. KARR

KARR Roving Robot

I think if the designers focus on one of Springer's alt modes and make the other mode secondary, sort of like Generations Tracks' flight mode, it would work.

19. retrolewp

retrolewp Well-Known Member

I'm sure one will be released later. And the repaint with a new head would be Sandstorm, that's a no brainer.

20. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I've been thinking the same, the transition from say an APC to an attack copter would be a much smoother one.

A "car" just doesn't work for me.