how tall is megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by knownasx, May 17, 2008.

1. knownasx

knownasx onebotarmy

hey what is the class or size of energon megatron ????

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I don't remember the size class name, but he's roughly what a Leader class fig would be considered today. He's about as tall as say, Primal Prime. Not super tall but very tall. He comes up to just around the top of Armada Meg's shoulder treads in robot mode. He's also freakin' huge.

3. knownasx

knownasx onebotarmy

damn i was going to do a classic galvatron but i dont think im going to do it now since hey is that freakin big hmmmm

4. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    There is a Voyager size figure. It was released in the US as part of a TRU 2-pack with a Deluxe Optimus Prime. That was the one they remolded for Botcon this year. It was first released in Japan as Galvatron then G (General?) Galvatron. If you are going to use it as Megatron then the TRU or first Super Link version should be fine. If you want to use it for Galvatron try to get the G Galvatron version. The US repaint of the Leader class figure as Galvatron would be perfect to use as a G1 Galvatron if it wasn't so big.

Edit:
    Voyager Class:Energon Megatron/Super Link Galvatron
    I can't find a link to the other Super Link Galvatron.

Leader Class:
    Megatron

Galvatron

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yeah, he is big. I would still recommend him, though. He's an awesome figure and would make a great classics Galvatron. (though the smaller version would work better, IMO)

It's funny you should mention the classics, since I often find myself displaying him facing down with Classics Prime.

EDIT: Here's a comparison pic with G1 Galvatron.

6. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Voyager version is approx. 7-7/8" with legs straight to the top of his head.

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Unless you prefer the G1 toy colourscheme, in which case the TRU or original Superlink is closer.

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think at the time the size class was "super". For all intents and purposes, it was sold as a Leader Class toy. He is huge - around the height of Armada Megatron or G1 Galvatron, but with his wings, nearly as wide as he is tall.

The Voyager Class one is also extremely good, I do prefer that one in terms of size, although nothing really beats the imposing presence of a gigantic Galvatron on your shelf.

9. knownasx

knownasx onebotarmy

dudes i found one im so amped about it but i purchased a the leader class one and got boned on it because it was complete:banghead:  now im dealing with him on ebay and thanks for all your help u guys are awesome

10. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Frankly, I don't think the Leader-sized one's anything to be disappointed about, he's an awesome fig... :D 

11. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    I don't think he is disappointed in the size so much as this figure isn't complete. When knownasx posted he was trying to say it wasn't complete. According to his other thread, which you can see here, the barrel to the tank was missing. I didn't know you could remove the barrel.