how should they portray this or that character in new series

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by redwolfbear, Jan 1, 2018.

1. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    fill in the blank folks

how should they portray said character in a new series

i'll go first

i think it would be unique to take a character say wheeljack just for example

i think it would be awesome to see him be equal parts Jackie ala the wwrecker from transformers prime, equal parts Montgomery scott ( aka mr scott the best engineer in all trek related science fiction) and equal parts lovable mad scientist doctor Emmett l brown (doc brown from back to the future , maybe throw in a wee bit of dr phanrsworth for laughts ala futurama ,and a smidge of dr jumba jhookiba ala leelo and stitch for the science techno babble bit lol

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I'd base Prime, Prowl and Ratchet on Kirk, Spock and Bones.

Otherwise I'd make Prowl close in personality to either Data of Batman.

Smarter than everyone else. Logical yet moral. NOT A PRICK!!

Sunstreaker would be the badass we saw in Dreamwave.

Megatron would be based on his Machinima self.

Thundercracker based on his IDW self.

Repugnus would be based on his Dreamwave profile.

Galvatron would be based in the 86 movie and Target 2006 NOT insane like Season 3.

Grimlock would be based on Furman's works NOT his annoying RID self.

Thunderwing and Scorponok would be based on their Marvel incarnations.

Scorponok/Zarak would be conflicted yet honourable.

Thunderwing would have his Matrix Affinity and obsession yet also value his loyal troops.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Bluestreak 's #2 Fan

Shockwave as a blend of his various incarnations + Tankor. Started as a noble decepticon who betrayed Megatron, was functionally lobotomized into a loyal emotionless drone, but secretly retained some of his original personality and plots revenge against Megatron.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Start off with the Early '84 cast.

Optimus Prime - TFA Optimus Prime or Optimus Primal. An average joe leader doing his best at leading, is a down to earth relateable guy who has emotions and a personality beyond being a leader.

Megatron - Beast Wars, Animated or IDW. A very theatrical, grandiose, sinister, cunning, manipulative mastermind type, with a potentially sympathetic origin story but it doesn't excuse his actions, it just gives more depth to him beyond I'm the bad guy and I wanna take over everything.

Bumblebee - definitely the tag along little kid like in Animated but less annoying and obnoxious, so more friendly and outgoing and innocent like in G1.

Starscream - have him start off as actually loyal but arrogant but eventually becomes the powerhungry, backstabber we know and love.

Soundwave - Prime Soundwave had that silent, creepy ominous emotionless drone that you're unsure of what he's planning but I'd like to see other elements of incarnations combined with it, like his manipulative blackmailer aspect from the original Budiansky profile and the Planet X backstory from Cybertron, also copying other characters voices.

Ironhide - bring back the old school cowboy.

Ratchet - as much as I like Old Man Ratchet, I wouldn't mind seeing the party ambulance Ratchet from Marvel make a return, have him still a high strung and often cantankerous guy but he needs to take a load off a lot hence where the party ambulance comes in.

Shockwave - Hybrid of Marvel and IDW. Make him the treacherous Marvel characterization but with IDW's suppressed emotions making a complex thinking character.

Prowl - a more sympathetic version of the IDW version. I like the cunning, scheming, manipulative bastard who actually is trying to win the war and gets results no matter how ugly but we need to look at his side of things. In many ways he might actually be right, more than Prime in fact.

Jazz - cool laid back foil to Prowl's very domineering commanding and calculating personality. A guy that people can rally around and trust.

Thundercracker - IDW all the way. from the dubious loner who likes humans to the guy trying to make it as a Hollywood scriptwriter.

Skywarp - Needs to be TC's bro and bestie, is stupid and loves the whole practical joke thing.

Wheeljack - G1 all the way, I love the inventor who builds shit that doesn't work.

Sideswipe - basically a more mature but hot headed jock, so a more likeable version of the RID2015 version. tsundere as hell for Strongarm.

Sunstreaker - Sideswipe's more immature, whiny younger brother, vain, obnoxious and very well ignorant enough to be a liability.

Cliffjumper - His hatred of Decepticons cranked up even further, gruff, chainsmoking sounding, talks like a conspiracy theorist when it comes to cons. Totally supports Prowl more than Optimus.

Hound - hybrid of G1 and Movies. Is really triggerhappy and loves to shoot but should also be rather friendly with humans for the most part, grows to appreciate nature and life itself. Also the surprisingly sane man between Cliffjumper and Mirage and tries to get them to be friends.

Mirage - snooby aristocrat with a heart of gold. Might be more sympathetic to the Decepticon cause hence why Cliffjumper doesn't like him.

Jetfire - Mix of G1, ROTF and the Unicron Trilogy. Initially an ex-Decepticon mercenary who reluctantly teams up with the Autobots and eventually becomes Optimus's bro. I picture him as a Han Solo mercenary type.

Insecticons, just keep them as is but dial up the creepy factor. Kickback's manipulation, Bombshell's inhumane mad scientistry and Shrapnel's comical insanity.

Also throw in Barricade, Slipstream, Knock Out, Windblade and Strongarm to the 84 cast mix.

Barricade - smooth, slick and downright dangerous. He's great at worming his way into the Autobot ranks under different names and doublecrosses you. Prowl hates him more than anyone.

Slipstream - the tsundere of the Decepticons, she seems to hate just about everyone on her Decepticon team but kinda likes Thundercracker because of his apathy towards everything. Hangs around with Starscream to watch him suffer and fail.

Knock Out - same as in Prime, the flamboyant medic who likes Earth culture.

Windblade - Make her more of a magical girl like in RID2015 on a mission from Primus or thinks it's Primus giving her the order, she's kind of crazy in that regard. I reimagined her as having a split personality, a kawaii girl and a hardened stone cold badass.

Strongarm - same as RID2015 really. The eager young cadet who follows the rules but might have doubts with Prowl's authority.

• Like Like x 8
  5. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Aside from Prime, that's what their initial bios were based on, I'm pretty sure.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TLK Barricade

TLK Barricade Keep calm and Hail Megatron.

As I said in another thread (heh, rhyme), Elita One desperately needs to show up again in another series. If she ever does, here's how I would like her to be portrayed:

The main thing I want is for her to have some similar character traits to her boyfriend. Brave, compassionate, selfless, respectful, and a good leader. Like Optimus, Elita should be willing to sacrifice herself to save the lives of others if she must. She should also be able to keep her emotions in check. No striking her teammates during a reprimand, no matter how angry they might make her sometimes, and no stopping to grieve for fallen comrades right in the middle of the battle (Optimus has done this in the past, but very rarely, as far as I know). Having such things in common might even be the main reason why they're attracted to each other.

But while very similar, Elita shouldn't just be a carbon copy of Optimus. There should be some differences between the two besides gender, though I'm not entirely sure what those differences would be. I can think of at least one, though. This incarnation of Elita wouldn't have a tendency to remain stuck in the past like Optimus sometimes does, longing for things to go back to the way they were before the war. Megatron being friends with them again, all of the soldiers who died on both sides still being alive, things like that.

That's not how Elita One would operate. While she would love for things to be like that again just as much as he would, she would also be much more willing to accept the fact that it's not going to happen. Megatron is the enemy now, and he's not going to change back any sooner than the dead will rise from their tombs. There's nothing they can do to fix it, so they should just move on and instead focus on ensuring that everything that happened wasn't for nothing.

It's also very important for her to be a capable fighter, able to hold her own against some tough opponents. Maybe not Megatron himself, but she should at least be able to take on the likes of Starscream, Soundwave, Barricade and Lugnut (who, if I was writing the series, would all be among the core Decepticon cast, and some of the most dangerous opponents among their ranks).

And, perhaps most importantly, don't give her only two episodes of screen time! She should be a major recurring character throughout the series, appearing in more than one season and having at least some effect on the plot and characters. Maybe even give her an arc where she temporarily takes over as leader of the Autobots while Prime is dead or injured, and not because she's his girlfriend, but because she's just as capable of leading an army as he is.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blunderzag

Blunderzag Transform and Transcend

Is this for cyberverse because if not
    I'd like to see the autobots led by an unstable and unprofessional leader who just trys to emulate a prime to look more imposing like an insecure dictator and under him they keep losing battles and moral and he keeps blaming and attacking everyone but himself. Then Optimus comes along and changes everything.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TLK Barricade

TLK Barricade Keep calm and Hail Megatron.

Not necessarily Cyberverse, but Transformers shows in general. Think of a character you want to see in a future series, and talk about what you want to see from that character. For example, I posted about how I want Elita One to be written if she ever shows up again.

Also, that's not a bad idea you came up with. I would also like to see something like that. It's really interesting whenever shows (and fiction in general) portray the so-called "good guys" as not being completely good.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Blunderzag

Blunderzag Transform and Transcend

OK that clears things up
    I was basing him off of an old youtube video called Prime Time 2 I don't know if you've seen it. But in it Energon prime is this loudmouth imitator trying to pass off of the real optimus prime just like the others. So what if we had a similar guy who tries to look like a prime but can't act commit and he even picks on Orion Pax and then when he becomes Optimus Prime the autobots get a taste of real Leadership and they oust this disgrace. A nice backstory to a future show

• Like Like x 2
  10. NaCl

NaCl Fry cook

If I did anything I would make Frenzy and Rumble be the twins character where they're creepy and sort of feared by their peers. And include a gag where they're seen swapping colors by painting each other.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I guess I'll continue and do the '85/'86 characters.

Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime - well if it ain't broke. Turbo Revving Young Punk that learns how to stop being impulsive and mature into a leader. I picture him being based on the young Joseph Joestar of Battle Tendency arc and Kamina. Despite being an idiot hero you want to root for him and actually follow his lead. I don't dislike Rodimus having actual doubts but he needs to overcome the Burden that is hardest to bear.

Ultra Magnus - definitely the uptight OCD high strung rules guy from MTMTE but with the G1's I'm a soldier, i'm not worthy characterization.

Arcee - The Yoko Littner to Hot Rod's Kamina. Friendly gal but at times they're so tsundere for each other. Should be the team mom/cool old sister figure.

Kup - Mix of old timer telling war stories grandpa from G1 but with IDW's militaristic drill Sargent characterization.

Springer - As is the G1 cartoon, the cool older guy/big brother. Hot Rod and Springer have their rivalry over Arcee but eventually they become legit bros in arms. I see Springer akin to Mu La Flaga or Lockon Stratos.

Blurr - Fast talker who can't shut up is hilarious.

Drift - IDW personality, personality changes on the episode, takes too much influence from the shows he watches. Still has that samurai/ninja warrior motif and is an Ex-Decepticon.

Perceptor - definitely G1 cartoon characterization, the friendly jovial and humble scientist.

Blaster - Definitely the Marvel characterization. Cartoon Blaster was Jazz 2.0, while Blaster being this rebel fighter seems more unique to me.

Wheelie - tries to act real cute as a kid, but actually is much older than he appears to be, is a bit of a dick.

Grimlock - the savage barbarian warrior he is in the Cybertron games. Can mostly speak well, but occasionally still has the caveman speak.

Swoop - the friendly outgoing Dinobot, the least savage of the bunch.

Swerve - MTMTE bartender all the way.

Warpath - KABLAM!

Beachcomber - he's "high" on life.

Cosmos - the lonely guy trying to hard to make friends.

Sky Lynx - arrogant braggart with a heart of gold of course.

Hoist - hybrid of the every man he is in IDW but with the family doctor function he had in G1.

Grapple - the foppish architect.

Wreck-Gar - the naivety of the TFA version but with the talks tv personality from G1.

Broadside - an old salty sea dog sailor and hunter. Speaks in a Newfoundlander accent.

Sandstorm - a mostly peaceful guy, I picture him like the Dude from The Big Lewbowski in chillness.

Octane - a less homicidal Bender from Futurama, i like the conniving con artist and womanizer, crank it up a bit, of course is only accepted by Sandstorm.

Galvatron - insane barbarian and psychopath. While Megatron has class, Galvatron has none of it.

Cyclonus - honourable loyal religious warrior and combat butler. May defect to the Autobots someday.

Scourge - bring the huntsman angle back, make him an amalgamations of all Scourges.

Blitzwing - I like TFA Blitzwing but I'd rather not retread it, so probably just make him Arnold/Hothead Blitzwing 24/7.

Astrotrain - keep the space choo choo nobody respects from G1.

Dirge, Thrust and Ramjet as a comedy relief trio. Dirge is the leader, I picture him like Squidward, being depressed and miserable hence the gloom and doom factor. Thrust is pure camp like the Armada version minus treachery and Ramjet is an idiot who loves toast.

Sixshot - honourable villain and badass but terrifying and remorseless, so basically Toguro from Yu Yu Hakusho.

Overlord - the sadist from IDW with those luscious lips.

Sky Shadow - definitely play up the space mafia angle, and bring in Blue Bacchus.

Runamuck and Runabout - Beavis and Butthead (duh).

Straxus - more like his Animated personality from the Allspark Almanac.

Jhaxius - IDW mad scientist but more physically imposing like in G2.

Of course all the Decepticon combiner teams are in it too, but I'll save 'em for later.

• Like Like x 5
  12. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me! Studio Trigger for Transformers!

Let's see...

Optimus Prime-A mix of Animated, BW Optimus Primal, and Cybertron Prime. The average joe who is in a small-time leadership position, and with more personality beyond being a leader, only to find himself in a position of power suddenly, but not because he is a Chosen One. It happens by pure chance. Imagine an Optimus Prime who is not chosen by the Council or the Matrix.

Megatron-A mix of Animated and Shattered Glass. He is the cunning, strategic mech who is an excellent orator, but is not really evil. He is willing to do whatever he needs to do to win, but he is not doing it because he just wants to rule the universe.

Starscream-The lovable backstabber combined with Armada Starscream's honorable personality. Eventually becomes an Autobot for good.

Jetfire-Combination of G1 past and Armada/Cybertron personality. Once a scientist who had Decepticon ties, becomes Autobot SIC over course of series, learning to win over the Autobots through actions, not just words. Can joke around and is laid back somewhat, but has a keen mind that can run through many scenarios in seconds.

Star Saber-IDW and Victory personalities combined, creating a dual-personality mech who has to find a way to merge his two personalities, one the fanatical religious nut and the other the shining knight in armor who fights for justice, into one in the end, creating a fighter for justice who becomes ruthless to those who hurt others, even if they feel it is justified.

Thundercracker-IDW all the way.

Prowl-A mix of Animated and IDW personalities. Does whatever he has to do to win, but has morals and will not do anything that will compromise those morals, even if he feels he has to in order to win. Some actions will be questionable, but not to the point of being outright unethical.

Bumblebee-RID2015 combined with Animated personality. Is that kid-appeal character, but with a mature veteran approach in how he fights.

Ratchet-Animated personality, but with his caring side shown more, albeit subtly, like disabling the movement servos of his severely injured patients, etc.

Grimlock-A mix of my own version and RID2015 and IDW. Is a scientist who was experimented on by Shockwave, giving him his primitive way of talking and his beat alt mode, which made him go crazy and attack the crazed mech, only to be labeled a Decepticon and captured by his own side. Has to prove he is not just a dumb brute and earn back the trust of his own faction.

Strongarm-RID2015 all the way, but learns to rely on her own instincts instead of her training as well.

Sideswipe-The RID2015 version, but more of a level-headed and mature nature.

Sunstreaker-The badass from IDW, but with a bit of vanity at times. Is more complex though, as he is shown to have a fear of losing his brother like he lost his family, hence why he acts all violent towards the enemy.

Jazz-The Animated and G1 versions combined with hints of RID2015. Is very laid back and relaxed with a love of music, talks with Earth slang, but is also very dangerous to any Decepticon he meets.

Wheeljack-Combination of G1 and Prime. An ex-Wrecker who loves to invent things, even if most of them don't work. When the going gets tough, this nerd can dish it out like the best of them.

Ironhide-G1 with movie elements, like being a weapons expert who loves to shoot his guns, but is a loyal bot to Prime all the way. Goes way back with Prime as a childhood friend.

Shockwave-The IDW version combined with hints of G1 and Marvel.

Ultra Magnus-RID2001 version with hints of the Prime and G1 version. Feels betrayed when his brother Optimus becomes Prime, so turns to following the rules to the letter and by the book to escape the emotional pain he feels. When he does his job beyond expectations, is humble enough to say he is just doing his job and, although he does not show it, he feels he is more than worthy of holding the Matrix, not Prime. Like Kakashi from Naruto, but with ambition like his RID2001 personality.

I hope this is a good start for you all. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Completely random idea kicking in my head for a while:

Ariel was a long time friend of Orion Pax, when both were on Cybertron. This was before the rise of Megatron. Megatronus, as he was known then, would taunt Ariel who was a higher-class bot in pre-war society, by calling her "Elite One".

When war broke out, many of Ariel's friends were slaughtered, her escaping only because Megatron had specifically forbade her from coming to harm as he still hoped to win Orion to his cause. Ariel that day took up a blaster, marched straight to Ironhide, and asked him to train her as a warrior. She took the old, mocking nickname, "Elite One", as her new name, "Elita One". She swore she would bring down Megatron and that he'd know who was coming for him. The loss of her friends made her withdrawn from Orion and other survivors as she focused on mastering combat arts. She was becoming outright self-destructive, not caring if she made it back from her next mission or not.

But then Orion changed, and became Optimus Prime. And Optimus Prime knew he'd need good warriors on his side. And so he recruited Elita One to his team, to lead a squadron of combat-focused Autobots through the toughest firefights. A group that, in time, became known as the Elite Guard - and ended up saving the soul of Elita herself, giving her something to focus on other than her own self-destruction.

She even forgave some of the Decepticons. One she even recruited as her second, after he turned his back on Megatron's "corruption" of the Decepticon cause. His name was Archforce.

14. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

Okay, let's see...

Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime - Basically the G1 season three version mixed with Rambo elements. He suffers from PTSD due to his troubled past (losing his first girl and leading a doomed platoon which has earned him the hatred of the Elite Guard) and this is the main reason why he's so insecure of his own leadership skills. However, once in battle, he becomes an all-out destruction machine due to all the rage he has inside.

Nightbeat - Basically Roddy's second-in-command and the Sam Spade/Philip Marlowe type character. A Robert Mitchum type.

Arcee - The sweet, caring mother yet tough warrior from G1. She's the only thing keeping Rodimus from going on a killing spree.

Bumblebee - Classic G1 kid bot with the earnest personality and some Spidey quips added in.

Wheeljack - Classic G1 inventor mixed with Chuck Norris' fighting abilities.

Minerva - The sweet Masterforce girl with some Corliss Archer traits added in. A sweet, kind girl who is very shy and insecure. She also spouts Budianskyisms and Furmanisms.

Smokescreen - The Dean Martin of the Autobots. And old timer who always laughs at danger and drinks too much, just like ol' Dino's screen persona. He also can sing as well as Dino. He's also a compulsive gambler.

Drift - The Splinter of the Autobots. Wise, honorable and trying to atone for his Decepticon past.

Nautica - Versatile party animal who is also a very intellectual yet carefree dudette.

Daytonus - Eyyyy... da Fonz!!!

Wreck-Gar - G1 TV-talkin' weirdo.

Windblade - Basically a more sultry, sexy temptress. Used to work as a stripper on a club. Married to Smokescreen, she's as hot as they come. She also flirts with other men.

Siren - Beach Head from G.I. Joe. A loud, easily pissed Drill Sergeant. He also argues with Smokescreen most of the time, creating this sort of Wet-Suit/Leatherneck dynamic.

Strongarm - One of the younger Autobot members along with Minerva, Nautica, Daytonus and Breakaway. Very by-the-book, but doubts herself at times due to falling for Knock Out.

Breakaway - ROTF jet with the personality of G.I. Joe's Sci-Fi. A cool, relaxed graduate student of electronic engineering who lives in a slow-motion world, fitting for a sniper. He's Daytonus' best friend.

Rattrap - Foul-mouthed street wiseguy. A Joe Pesci-type.

Victorion/The Torchbearers - Basically a takeoff on the Amazons from Wonder Woman. They are warriors of legend. Pyra Magna is a wise, caring yet self-deprecating leader. Rust Dust is a young, excitable comic geek. Dustup is an impulsive gal who doesn't know the meaning of moderation. Jumpstream is the gentle medic and the mother of Minerva. Stormclash is the Auger/Raphael of the team, full of anger and a very violent street brawler. Skyburst is the opposite of her twin sister Stormclash. She is sweet and innocent. Together, they form the mighty Victorion, a brave yet temperamental and impulsive combiner.

Shockwave - G1 comic version mixed with the TFP version. Leader of the Decepticons and a really constant threat to the main Autobots.

Starscream - The childish, shrieking shyster from G1. Although treacherous and underhanded, he has a sort of a Jack Benny-type of likeability. He is as greedy and egomaniacal as Benny's on-screen persona, yet that's why we love him so much.

The Battlechargers - A duo of thugs with black guy-esque voices. Mainly used for destruction and comedy relief.

Thunderhoof - Same crime boss of the 2015 RiD cartoon. He has a vendetta going against Nightbeat.

Knock Out - The same fabulous and handsome guy from TFP. He fell in love with Strongarm and constantly tries to snatch her away to keep for himself.

Tankor/Rhinox - Rhinox used to be Wheeljack's teacher, but he was turned into Tankor, a mindless machine akin to the Hulk who only thinks about smashing and destroying.

Sky-Byte - Same hammy wacko as the 2001 RiD cartoon.

Quake - Basically Desi Arnaz's Ricky Ricardo. He's Knock Out's brother-in-law and they both constantly bicker. He's also a very good musician, able to play the congas like a boss!!!

Deluge - Basically Laurence Olivier's Szell from Marathon Man mixed with the Red Skull from the 1994 Spider-Man cartoon. A depraved, totally insane scientist who likes to make others suffer.

Blitzwing - G1 berserker with the nobility he had in Five Faces of Darkness.

Piranacon/The Seacons - An ancient evil. Piranacon is the Hades to Victorion's Wonder Woman. Piranacon is extremely powerful and filled with rage. He is formed by the Seacons. Snaptrap is the king of the Seacons, extremely ruthless and condescending. Nautilator is the klutz of the team. Overbite is the scary shark who eats any enemy in his path. Seawing is the silent undersea dweller. Skalor is the stinky Seacon, just as stupid as Nautilator, but not as clumsy. Tentakil is the treacherous trickster of the team.

Swindle - Basically Frank Nelson's character from the Jack Benny Program. "E-YEEEEEEEESSSSS???!!!"

Bulkhead - Basically Kinderman from the Exorcist III.

Goshooter - Judge Reinhold's Billy Rosewood from Beverly Hills Cop.

Quickswitch - Basically the G1 version with an emphasis on his unpredictability and his personality disorder. He changes his voice everytime he changes mode and mood.

Greatshot - Basically Jonah Hex from the 1992 Batman cartoon.

Star Saber and Victory Leo - Basically the Lone Ranger and Tonto.

Lockdown - AOE version mixed with Dean Eckart from the 70's Incredible Hulk episode Homecoming. A smooth, charismatic yet cold, efficient killer.

Slipstream - Basically Zarana from G.I. Joe.

Barricade - Clarence Boddicker from RoboCop. His Race Track Patrol would basically be Clarence's gang. "OOOOH!!! GUNS!!! GUNS!!! GUNS!!!"

Megastorm - General Warhawk from the Rambo cartoon.

Quickstrike - Basically Sheriff Rosco from Dukes of Hazzard.

Double Punch - G1 scorpion. The Boss Hogg to Quickstrike's Rosco.

Ransack and Crumplezone - The Enos and Cletus to Double Punch and Quickstrike's Boss and Rosco.

Exhaust - The Rochester to Starscream's Jack Benny.

Bludgeon - Basically Shredder from the Red Sky seasons of the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon. Constantly pissed, extremely deadly and immortal, Bludgeon will stop at nothing until the Autobots are destroyed.

Silas - TFP version, but he uses his Cylas suit as Krang uses his robotic body. It's not a life support system like it became in TFP (what a waste).

Metrotitan - Basically Dormammu from the 1994 Spider-Man cartoon.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Hot Shot - eager to prove himself, but is forced to contend with various struggles that show him the true cost of of recklessness and war itself. Becoming more level-headed, relying more on planning, and growing over time, he becomes an essential leader seeking to end the war and reunite Cybertron once and for all. While leadership is thrust onto him suddenly through tragedy, he realizes that he needs to stand tall and bring the Autobots together, using everything he has learned until then to prove to those unsure of his taking command that he will be the leader they need until his purpose has been served.

Red Alert - former Wrecker, scarred by a botched mission where his friend and fellow Wrecker Sandstorm was captured and tortured. During the mission, Red Alert would lose his hand. Sandstorm would ultimately form a second personality due to the trauma, becoming the maniacal Decepticon Cyclonus. Realizing the horrors of war after what has transpired, he leaves the Wreckers and becomes a full-time medic. His hand is replaced by a medical tool as a constant reminder of what occurred. He becomes detached and blames himself for what happened to Sandstorm, and wants to use his abilities as a medic to save as many as he can and never fail someone as he feels he did with his friend. He is reluctant to enter the battlefield, but will do so in an instant if needed.

Wheeljack - former Wrecker and scientist. Often the voice of reason, due to devoting his more wacky side to his many inventions. A friend of Red Alert from their shared past, he joins Optimus’ small Earth-based crew along with him in order to watch over his emotionally scarred comrade. Defends his stances and comrades from any unjust criticism, and isn’t afraid from calling someone out when they’re out of line.

Ironhide - long-time friend of Optimus, he found himself joining the Autobots largely out of devotion to those he cares about. But truly, he often finds himself agreeing with the Decepticons and their perspectives. Very discriminatory towards humans, he often starts conflicts among the other Autobots due to his differing opinions on their tactics and goals. While always furious when likened to a Decepticon, deep down he knows that if he wasn’t friends with Optimus or other Autobots, he very well may be fighting for the other side.

Hound - the jokester of the team, Hound gets his kicks from setting Ironhide’s temper off or taking shots at Red Alert’s detached nature. But despite this, he is in many ways the heart and soul of the group. When things get serious, he won’t hesitate to lend a hand. A good friend to Hot Shot, despite perhaps not being the best influence on him. But in the end, if something were to happen to Hound, the team would never be the same again.

Starscream - taking leadership of the Decepticons following Megatron’s apparent demise, he seeks to uphold the values of the Decepticons and bring the war to a proper and hasty end. Loyal to his former leader, Starscream worked his way up to become next in line for leadership. Doing his best to properly lead the faction despite concerns from the various generals fighting on colony worlds, Starscream slowly begins to unearth and recognize the horrors Megatron had committed while around. When Megatron ultimately reveals that he is alive, and faked his death as a way to test Starscream’s leadership potential, he will become increasingly angry with his leader and his reckless actions, until he finally leaves the Decepticons to start his own splinter faction. But his increasing rage and obsession with Megatron will cause him to grow more and more power-hungry and cruel. Slowly morphing into the leader he came to despise, will Starscream come to realize how he lost his way, and become the leader he was meant to be?

Soundwave - a confidant to the Decepticon leader, Soundwave joined the movement early on. But there has always been something mysterious about him, as if he was playing a game to maneuver his way into a prominent position in the faction. In reality, he is a survivor from the destroyed Planet X, seaking revenge on Cybertron and the colony worlds for how their war ravaged their world in the past. He and his comrade Sideways slowly scheme from the shadows, plotting to make the Cybertronians feel the suffering they’ve had to deal with for years.

Demolishor - fiercely loyal, Demolishor is often making sure that other Decepticons know their place and adhere to their faction’s beliefs. Even if he must challenge leadership to do so, Demolishor will make his opinions known. While sometimes coming off as a thorn in the side, Demolishor tries to keep Starscream headed in the right direction during his leadership. But, he never had to go against Megatron before, and once he returns more crazed and ruthless than ever, Demolishor will he forced to realize that his leader who had once inspired him to fight has long since lost his way. Demolishor will have to choose, try to reform or dispose of his leader, or walk away from Megatron and his tainted ideas in order to one day reform the Decepticons under the proper beliefs and ideals.

Cyclonus - absolutely insane and sadistic, Cyclonus cherishes all the worst parts of war. From the intense torture that created him, Cyclonus has developed an obscession the practice, always eager to find new ways to make anyone he encounters bleed. He especially loves to torment Red Alert on the occasion he appears on the battlefield, though he prefers psychological torture in this instance. Whether or not Sandstorm remains somewhere inside him is anyons’s guess, but Cyclonus is sure to constantly be a reminder of Red Alert’s traumatic past nonetheless.

Long Haul - life of the party, Long Haul is the guy who looks to be everyone’s buddy. Despite being a Decepticon, he finds himself deeply interested with Earth music. Often playing it at the highest volume, he can come off as annoying to some other Decepticons. But in the end, they know they can rely on him to pull his weight and lead the charge in battle. He becomes a close friend to Starscream as he assumes leadership, often giving him advise when he doesn’t know how to proceed next. He ultimately chooses to leave the Decepticons with Starscream in order to found their splinter faction, and tries to remain a voice of reason even as Starscream becomes more and more consumed by hatred and power.

• Like Like x 2
  16. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:

Megatron - Beast Wars, Animated or IDW. A very theatrical, grandiose, sinister, cunning, manipulative mastermind type, with a potentially sympathetic origin story but it doesn't excuse his actions, it just gives more depth to him beyond I'm the bad guy and I wanna take over everything.

blend in a little bit of david xanatos for the amorality, machinima megatron for the snark factor, and a bit of desslock for the god complex and you got something epic to work with. his being well not so much evil as obsessed and driven to unhealthy extremes to create a better world for his people(all cybertronians , be they former autobots , current decepticons neutral, non-allied whatever ) the point is he is absolutely driven to the exteme by his desire to make a better world for his people, for all of them to live in) a well intentioned extremist in his way , no genuine enmity or personal hate towards those who would fight him and his forces in battle, if anything he finds his opponents to be amusing in some way at the very least and at best he genuinely respects them for their admirable postiive qualities as a worthy foe, revenge be a suckers game to this guy ,and he knows that even when he loses a fight he always manages to come out ahead in some way or another regardless of said defeat,(make of every opponent an opportunity, every obstacle a test of strength wit and resolve , every weakness a strength) this be a guy who lives for the fight who genuinely loves a good brawl, he is driven dedicated and fully commited to his desire to provide all cybertronians with a better future and a better world for them all, hes not evil persay just misguided in how he goes about achiving his goals, he be the honest enemy in his way turned anti-hero

17. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

I really do have tons of ideas for this, some I genuinely want to use in some cases and have been integrated into my personal continuity, as it were. I'm going to write this as if they are all in the same series, but will try to lay out base personalities that can be separated and fit into whatever context. Also, because I have so many ideas I'm going to spare you guys and post a few.

Optimus Prime - The latest in a line of people leading a group of freedom fighters known as the Autobots. Due to the... err, existence failures of his predecessors, he takes the role very seriously yet knows to keep his bots' spirits high lest they lose their resolve. Kindly to his troops, yet firm when they needlessly put others on the line, Optimus treats his Autobots like one might treat their children.

Arcee - Team mom of the group, so to speak. She's probably not actually older than her comrades but from experience outside combat combined with warrior activity, she is far more worldly than many of the thugs amongst the Autobots. She is also extremely caring for the troops — one might say, mining information without blaster bolts flying over her head got her back in touch with her amiable side. She is closest to Optimus in that regard (sans the whole being in and out of conflict thing), but due to her lack of any official ranking manages to find herself the mediator amongst the troops more often than not. That isn't to say she isn't a warrior — she's a pure warrior at heart and will rip anyone to shreds who attempt to harm their little motley crew.

Hound - Hound is the human connection of the Autobots. He is jolly and kindly to those he meets. Stricken by the beauty of the planet Earth, he shows a naivety that isn't seen in the other experienced warriors. The planet and its people are beautiful. Oh, and he has the arsenal to defend them from the Decepticon threat. Those 'Cons are practically begging to be blasted to hell... even if the violence would better be stopped.

Alpha Trion - Knowledgeable bot of history and is the oldest known Transformer. He guards his knowledge with his life, but knows that as it is coming to an end he must trust bots such as Optimus, Hound and Arcee to carry on his legacy.

Nightbeat - A detective and a tracker, Nightbeat dedicates himself to the case fully whenever he may take it. As the war goes on, these cases become spookier but he is just the right bot for the job. His courageous, irreverent personality truly keeps even the largest evils from scaring him away.

Minerva - A meek, kind bot who shows real remorse from the events of the conflict, yet has real conviction to help her fellow bot, this iteration being fully Cybertronian but still a Headmaster.

Solus Prime
    - Unaligned, yet kindly and compassionate character who more exhibits Autobot ideals than Decepticon. She prides herself and takes joy in creation, having the scientific know how to bring the wildest things to life. Hammer also serves as the most powerful blunt weapon in the show. (Perspective character in flashbacks.)

Went with some ones unlikely to show up in cartoons for the Decepticons. Ended up with a few more here than for the Autobots.

Shockwave - A mind dedicated completely to cold logic, taken to the most logical extreme. Shockwave has no loyalties, only to that which will benefit the Cybertronian race from his perspective. This means not paying too much mind to morale or to the weak. Those who can't fight for themselves will die. Those who stand in the way of logic will die. Megatron, he too will die. A cold scientist, he commits constant atrocities in the pursuit of knowledge and technological advancement. Frighteningly, this has been shown to have true results — artificial Headmasters, Combiners, Pretenders enhanced weaponry and Powermasters coming from his studies. He is capable of handling several Autobot soldiers at a time and coming out on top, adding an additional layer of danger to an already intimidating bot.

Skullgrin - Experiments in Pretender tech lead to a defect in his Spark, causing him to develop multiple personalities. Skullgrin's internal self is vain, self centered and conniving, yet easily distracted. He worships Liege Maximo and is a complete berserker in his Pretender form, in some cases believing himself to be the evil Prime himself. Shockwave has determined "Liege Maximo" to be a third personality stemming from his attempt to mend his mind together. Considering that it is his most effective persona, no further attempts at repairing it will be attempted.

Mindwipe - Mindwipe truly believes in the darker, more spiritual side of Transformers life. He partakes in rituals and ceremonies, worshipping Liege Maximo (naturally, this makes hanging out with Skullgrin fairly annoying.) Despite his cowardice, he is quite proficient on the battlefield and can predict the movements of his foes so long as he tries to.

Spinister - Spinister is antisocial. He dislikes talking to other bots and lurks in the shadows constantly, ready to deliver blows to any unfortunate enemy in his way. He possesses a rare cloaking technology, salvaged from an archaeological site regarding the Primes. He isn't afraid to call other bots out and isn't a drone under other bots' commands yet makes sure that they do not see through his grim façade.

Krok - Energetic and rather amicable by Decepticon standards, Krok has an odd sort of charisma that makes even independent bots like Spinister stop and listen. This likely has to do with his experience before the war at trick riding (a stunt based alt mode sport) and mending teams together.

Quake - In this incarnation, a female bot (based on how feminine the head comes across to me on the TR figure.) Quake is a thug through and through — when on the battlefield, nothing keeps her from tearing apart the Autobots except for that same blind frenzy that assures she never runs a systems check. Her dimwitted nature is at the least not harmful to the other members on her team for the most part, although going off half cocked isn't exactly favorable.

Dreadwind - Dreadwind is wrapped in existential agony and makes sure that everyone around him shares the same pain. Dreadwind doesn't care that the others rather dislike that. To exhume his demons, he writes dark, morose poetry and occasionally speaks in a similar manner to those who will listen. He has even published under a human pseudonym (Drake Winchester) and gathered, but whatever positive vibes that would come from this are instantly broken by his unending gloom.

Darkwing - Black in heart, he has a gloomy view if the world and makes strides to make the others' experiences worse. A serial complainer, it may well be ironic that he gets along best with someone whose life he simply can't make worse. Their similar worldview keeps them from slipping into madness and despair (and ultimately being executed by Shockwave.)

Galvatron - A mind torn asunder by a botched resurrection. Sees visions of the noble, charismatic leader which he once was but it is oh so out of reach, leaving the shards behind and creating a barbarian dictator. Possessing all the power but less of the mind, Galvatron is still a massive threat to the Autobots... but also the Decepticons.

Liege Maximo - Unaligned, yet possibly the greatest display of darkness amongst the Decepticon ranks. The years between his generation and the current softened just how much Liege Maximo is a villain. Evil and selfish to the core, his velvet words serve nothing but disorder and destruction that will eventually lead him to the top. To get his way, he must only ask. (Antagonist of flashbacks.)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Bluestreak 's #2 Fan

Decided to take after autovolt and continue with my take on the 84 decepticons.

Megatron - Strong enough that he doesn't feel the need to prove it. Cunning enough that he knows everyone's buttons and how best to use them. Smart enough that - like Xanatos - he plans for his enemies actions as well as his soldiers. And cool headed - on the outside. Really, there's only two modes; when things are going his way, and when someone is about to die. No threats, no second chances, no mercy (looking at you Starscream).

Also, he isn't just well intentioned. He believes that transformers are better than organics and should have a place in the universe that shows it. You may sympathize with him mourning the loss of Cybertron, but make no mistake, he's less "Peace through tyranny" and more "Everyone is fodder".

Starscream - Emphasize his ego over his treachery - at first. He's an expert sniper, top aerial fighter, and supreme air commander of the decepticons. The problem is that he knows all this. His vanity gets on Megatron's nerves, Megatron returns the favor by figuratively pulling him back to the ground, and both know that if he ever proved incompetent or actually defied Megatron then he'd be gone. He dreamed of being where he is today for so long, and betrayed many people - people he liked - to finally get here. And what does he have to show for it? Megatron's heel pressing on his back. He won't be able to take this for much longer; it's him or Megatron. This scares him.

Soundwave - Basically Tarn; softspoken leader of group created to hunt down traitors to the decepticon cause. Guy even already has a decepticon face plate and sonic weapon. Alright, more than that. He looks like a boring company man to most on the surface; just does whatever Megatron tells him to do without any initiative or thoughts of his own. The people who think this don't know him at all. He's a fanatic as surely as lugnut is; but he knows there's no point preaching about it so he quietly does his business on those who don't follow the unerring word of the decepticon code. For those who truly stray from the path, he has a special fate. He obsessively learns everything about them, every mistake and regret and loss they've ever had and plays it back to them until they're begging for it to end - then he fulfills their request. Finally, his voice is because he's a xenophobe who refuses to sully his voice box with anything organic. In a cartoon, a computer would voice him.

Skywarp - Once a simpleton with a love love of bad puns and pranks, he was convinced by Starscream to undergo an experimental procedure to implant a miniaturized transwarp drive into his chassis so he'd be able to teleport at will behind enemy lines. It worked, but at the cost of a little more of his sanity with every use. Now, he retains his love of bad puns and pranks, but they lean into Joker territory and he needs constant supervision to know how to use his power to actually help the decepticons and when not to use them so as not to draw the wrath of them. Afraid of Megatron and Soundwave, but loves his best buds Thundercracker and Starscream.

Thundercracker - On the other hand, Thundercracker hates Starscream. He's Skywarp's minder, and resents what Starscream's ambition did to their former friend. Otherwise, he follows orders though he usually does it with a sigh or snarky muttered comment. While Thundercracker believes in the decepticon cause and hates the autobots for their part in Cybertron's destruction, he's grown weary and finds it hard to actually summon the energy to fight. His specialty is electronic warfare and Skywarp is constantly trying to cheer up his pal.

Ravage - Senior member under Soundwave of decepticon internal affairs. Once an aristocratic hunter who ran in the same circles as Mirage, he finds hunting traitors a natural substitute for turbofoxes. When not on a mission, you can usually find him relaxing and enjoying the finer things in life. Him and Soundwave are the only two the other recognizes as an equal; Megatron is above them both in Soundwave's visor.

Lazerbeak - combination of his form incarnation, g1 buzzsaw, and ledger joker. Considers himself an artist in the field of homicide. Gets temperamental when Soundwave tells him to stop wasting time on his artistic vision and just kill the guy already.

Rumble and Frenzy - A freak the mighty homage, rumble is the big slow one, and frenzy is the small fast one usually found riding on his shoulders. The new guys to internal affairs, Frenzy is based on his movie version but has electric whips as a weapon and is energy incarnate talking up a storm. Rumble looks up to Soundwave, and is slow to anger but even slower to forgive. Best way to upset him is to hurt Frenzy.

Reflector - Take Soundwave's place as communications officers of the Decepticons. Spectro is all mouth and a personable gossip, View finder has wheeljack like ear flaps and is a lazy blackmailer, and Spyglass has one big eye taking up his face and is the the perfectionist in charge. See all evil, hear all evil, speak all evil. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  19. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

I want a series where Megatron is driven crazy slowly over time by a psychic link with Unicron metamorphosizing him into Galvatron.

Megatron is doing his own thing, believing righteously and furiously that he is the master of his own fate, leading the Decepticons.

Over the series machinations come to light which more or less reveal that Megatron's spark is not truly of Primus but a poison that was planted in the Well of All Sparks by Unicron.

Megatron starts having visions on Earth (Unicron) that intensify over time wherein Unicron reveals that Megatron's ambitions are not his own, and that his belief that his own cause was harsh but just is wrong, and Megatron is a pawn of chaos and destruction. A true antithesis to Optimus Prime, champion of Primus in the name of freedom.

Then begins two great battles. The showdown between Optimus Prime and Galvatron for the fate of creation, and the internal struggle between Megatron the revolutionary and Galvatron the mindless pawn of destruction.

20. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Leader Grand Maximus.Or Dai Atlas.