how should the series handle optimus's death and legacy over time?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Mar 6, 2012.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

question

when it comes to optimus primes character over the years its quite clear that he is very much the inspirational person at spark in his way as a fighter, as a leader, and as a warrior and philosopher

assuming the series were to explore his death and legacy in a serious long term manner over time.

what might be the best way to go about doing it?

to be honest i believe it would be best to handle the matter in such a way that though prime has died in a permanent manner, he is still very much alive, through the living memories of his friend and followerss both autobot and human alike to the point that in each of them he is literally team primes fighting spirit.

in life optimus was the kind of inspirational person and leader that believed in each of his teammates and friends human and autobot ally alike. one that inspired and motivated them to beleive in their selfes and to go beyond thier own personel limitations over time.

his words just had a way of taking a straight path to your heart

in death he would become a more powerful being then he ever was in life

basicly the whole idea would be to use optimus primes death to do for his personel succesor/heir , and for team prime what kaminas death did for simon and team dai gurren over time

to be honest i could actually see this serious approach to the matter work over time

i could even see the dead optimus prime himself continue to exist in the world fo a time in the role of the ghost soldeir slash spritual advisor/guide

i beleive a good exampel of that role could be found in jaggas character and role from the 80's thundercats series

but with it being optimus prime himself in the role and continueing to exist in the living world as a ghostly spiritual advisor to his appointed succesor.

for those who are unfamilier with the idea

as my granddaddy explained it to me the ghost soldier is something that happened quite often on the battlefield during the times of the world wars

at times when a person would willingly sacrifice their life so that their friends and brothers could go on living in their place

that dead persons commitment to thier conviictions , beliefs and their desire to safeguard and to protect their friends and brothers and that persons desire to continue fighting the good fight would be enough to make it possible for their soul to continue to exist for a time in the living world as a otherworldly ally to thier surviving friends and brothers

one that at times could even be seen felt and in a way even be physically interacted with by their still living comrades in arms

though that person had died thier will to go on fighting the good fight and their desire to to finish fighting it would all contribute to makeing it possible for that person to exist alongside thier still living comrades asa a protective ghost warrior /guardian spirit/ spiritaul guide until such a time that the war had ended and that dead person has made their peace with thier life and their still living friends and brothers

2. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    . . . whhhaaaaaaaa?

3. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

read the first post slowly i msure the ideas clear enough to understand

4. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

It will be a 2 episode arc in season 6 and after he dies, it'll be back to normal just without a super Autobot to save the day, therefore the Decepticons will be a little less threatening to compensate. He'll be mentioned once every 20 episodes like Cliffjumper is now.

5. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just did a CTRL-F for "Kamina", and I wasn't surprised.

6. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Didn't Hasbro say that Optimus Prime would never die again?

7. megapork

megapork Cheese

I'm sorry but please edit your post to at least make it look like it makes sense. I cant get past the first few sentences without cringing at the errors. Im really sorry but it's already 2012, I can get past a few structural mistakes because of language differences but simple Capitalization is such an easy task that ignoring it for the most part it just seems quite ARRGHHHH!!!!!

Oh and interesting ideas but I prefer to leave TFP to remain at being PRIME centered.

8. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

I don't have the deep nearly-thirty-years-old emotional scarring that other fans seem to have over Optimus' death...I say either kill him in the last or next to last episode and set up the next Prime to take over for him at the end, or even pull a Marvel HiQ on us and have his memories, wisdom, etc. phase into Jack as a sort of 'reincarnation' (in lieu of binary-bonding to Optimus, they could say it was the Key being attuned to Jack's bio-signature that created a link of sorts between them).

9. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

I don't either - I watched the G1 reruns in the early 90s, and didn't watch the movie until early 2000s, and when I did, I was just annoyed that they bumped him off.

Back to the topic at hand, I would prefer it that he actually lives through to the end of the series and is able to enjoy the peace that he helped create. Besides, killing him off is too easy. You want dramatic tension, conflict, and grief? Hurt the people around him and force him to deal with it.

10. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    It's called proper grammar, GENOZAUR. It exists.

If I were to type like you, noonewouldwanttoreadwhatihavetosay.butthenitsavesalotofspaceandicanputshitinherethemodswouldntletmeputinmysparetimebecauseyouknowitsnotethicalorsomeshitlikethat.

11. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

Why does he have to die? I personally would prefer him not to in this series. I grew up with G1 and I was 6 years old when they displayed his death. It was definitely heart breaking. Then came in Hot Rod and he sucks. I've never personally liked Hot Rod. Now if they want to bring in Hot Rod, then kill him, they have my blessing. ;) 

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    In the true series finale. It would be appropriate for him to die since he could never come back.