How should the great rivalry begin? Optimus Prime vs Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by RedWolf, Mar 24, 2008.

1. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

In before Megatrons triumphant return.

Unlike in other continuities where Optimus is Megatron's greatest adversary here in Animated Prime is merely a nuisance to Megatron.

Lower than Starscream in terms of 'people I'll kill after I get my body back' for Megatron.

Ultra Magnus is the supreme commander of the Autobot forces.

Likely on top of Megatron's kill list.

So far the level of hate and respect between these two aren't present as in previous incarnations.

How do suppose the great war between these two will begin?

2. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    Maybe at the upcoming episode of season 2, The Elite Guard, where the Elite guards proven to be less than adept to Earth lifeforms and community, and thus, that's also giving them hard time on their struggle against the Decepticons, and surprisingly, Optimus could top over Sentinel because he's more adept to Earth culture, and since then, Megatron sets his sights on him, also remembering that he was the one who's guarding the Allspark during their clash in the Ark before Megatron crash landed to Earth?

Just my 2 cents.

3. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Who says there's going to be one?

4. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Well, it certainly is interesting and refreshing how Optimus and Megatron are unequal in status in Animated thus far, but i'm hoping their age-old rivalry will develop in Animated. Megatron would never have taken notice of Optimus if not for fateful circumstances that brought them into one another's paths. But i hope that Optimus will eventually grow into a worthy adversary for Megatron.

5. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ignoring the contents of the OP and focusing on the title, i'm thinking the fact prime bested megs - even if he was handicapped - when they entered earths atmosphere is already enough for megs to hold a grudge against prime.

prime: joo got ripley'd haha
    megs: why you little

6. thekryle

thekryle Well-Known Member

Megatron teams up with Optimus to get rid of Starscream.

7. wipeyourfeet

wipeyourfeet Winner of the Internet

News Credits:
    Megatron would never need Primes help in getting rid of Starscream.
    I think that Megatron will see Prime as a worthy adversery when Megatron gets defeated at the end of Megatron Rising part 2. Its a fair cetainty that it'll end up with the Autobots beating the Decepticons, maybe with the Allsparks help, powering them up and all....

8. thekryle

But if starscream has the loyalty of the other decepticons it may be a bit harder and would leave Megatron on a by himself. With Soundwave. I'm just now gonna rule out the possiblity if maybe just for a short while, Megatron and the Autobots fight together for the same cause.

9. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

*crosses fingers and closes eyes*
    Please don't let Sari's key beat Megs and the 'Cons

It would be a good story arc for a kids' show that Prime is a nuisance to Megs, one that Megs just can't seem to beat, so takes on a personal adversary, despite his belief that Prime is far below his efforts. Maybe even to the extent that he takes his eyes off the prize - specifically losing a chance to have the Allspark because he decides to 'finally get' Prime.

(Think of Megs as De Niro in Heat, with Prime somewhere between the Wayne character and Pacino's cop.)

10. thekryle

Wouldn't Megatrons rival be Ultra Magnus in this series? If he needs one that is. I mean, it seems that his goal in the series is to get the allspark/key. I only see Megs and Prime becoming "rivals" only because Prime is the leader of the team guarding the allspark.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Hmmm... I think their rivalry began when Optimus Prime pushed Megatron out of a free-falling spaceship.

12. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

QFT!

Yeah, I think Megatron will probably be rather keen on destroying Optimus personally, after the indignity he caused him to suffer in their first encounter (not to mention the subsequent frustrations of Megs' secret schemes).

Megatron may not consider Prime to be an equal, but I think that makes it all the more offensive... that this peon would actually be able to confound and defeat the mighty Megatron? Unthinkable. This is an error that must be corrected... permanently. (end Megs voice)

Though I'm sure Starscream rates too, for that bomb thing. :) 

zmog

13. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Megatron's rivalry with Prime = Prime causing Megatron NOT to get the AllSpark, to lose his body, and be subject as a lab rat to a human for decades.

Prime's rivalry with Megatron = He's the freakin' leader of the Decepticons, 'nuff said.

It'll be interesting to see how the rivalry GROWS, as it's already started.

14. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I have a feeling the "true" rivalry will start if Megatron beats the fuck out of some of the autobots for the season finale 2 parter, leading to a weakened Prime who wants nothing but revenge in season 2, and doesn't get it quite easily.

15. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Maybe in this series, Magnus dies and passes the mantle of Autobot Leader onto Optimus?

16. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    With the presumably arrival of Cybertron Elite Guards on the upcoming season 2 due to dire requests of Autobots on Earth for assistance against the Decepticons, I don't think Prime would get the chance to defeat Megatron at the end of Megatron Rising Pt.2.

17. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    *ponder*

Think they'll tie in the Battle Begins 2-pack and have Megz start fighting in his Cyb mod? While I doubt it would happen, I'd like to see Prime pinned down by the evil leader's foot, while ol' Tron scans that copter and half-transforms an arm or something, drawing those spinning blades ever closer to Op's face. X3

I can hope. ^^;

18. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's why I want this show to last a long time. I want to see this rivalry grow and see them gain respect for one another. The one thing I did like about Armada was how Megatron was "upset" when Prime was destroyed and it wasn't by his hand.

19. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That did feel like a move out of the fact that they were long time rivals. It's like Dr Who recently with the Master being permanently dead and the Doctor being last of the Time Lords.

I think Megs will be after Prime simply for the "unexceptable condition" he was left in.

20. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    I thought it was wierd when Sari broght prime back to life when he died in the first episode, his spark just looked strange maybe somehow the Allspark will become the Matrix and Prime will get it & a supped up mode like Hot/Rodimus or Primal/Optimal Optimus. Plus it'd make for one helluva toy for us all to buy, and mabye bump him up to Meg's Radar.