How should the girls been handled

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JazzIsBack, Feb 17, 2010.

1. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

Ok ignore for a moment the tiny screen time they got, would you have preffered each bike is her own person like the toy bios suggest or as the single mind thing they are in the movie?

2. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

After reading the comic, I prefer the triumvirate consciousness. It would be extremely advantageous in combat, and it would help compensate for her size and vulnerability by ensuring her survival as long as one bike remains, allowing for the other bikes to be repaired or scrapped without any mortal risk.

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I pretty much prefer them as being their own individuals, but what NothingHead said about them having a triumvirate consciousness sounds a lot better in how the Bike Sisters should have been handled in ROTF.

4. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Ignoring that your post is about the Arcee bikes, I think it'd help the movie if they had better female characters.

The ones they had were just treated as eye-candy, or in the case of Sam's mother, bizarre comedy.

5. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. Also, it's just a cool idea. Loved that Tales of the Fallen issue.

Besides, if they were individual personalities, we'd have even more horrible fan fiction pairing them up with the other Autobots then we already have.

(Disclaimer: This is not to say that there isn't good fan fiction. I think you all know what I mean about the bad stuff, though.)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  6. Liam Prime

Liam Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    id profer the bikes to be individuals. if they bring them back for the next movie id like to see a bit more explination as to who they are and have them say a few more lnes.

what do you think are the chances arcee will be back for tf3? i hope she does come back in some shape or form :) 

7. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but the writers confirmed in the DVD commentary that all 3 died in Egypt. Although, there's always the possibility that Kruger will make use of the fact that the blue bike was still alive when last seen.

8. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

I think she'll go the way of Barricade and Scalpel, and return to the purgatorial land of magic and fairies that spontaneously birthed Jolt like halfway through the movie. The blue 'bot was last seen alive, but that conflicts with authorial intent, apparently. So I think she'll just vanish conveniently and never be mentioned again.

9. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    Originally, I would have said have them be individual personalities. However, as NothingHead pointed out, the Tales of the Fallen issue about Arcee was awesome and left me seriously intrigued about the tripartite personality.

10. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    this

11. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Tbh, whether or not the writers had intended for the Arcee trio to perish at the end of ROTF, it probably won't affect their chances of appearing in TF3 if Kruger and Bay for some reason wanted all 3 of her back. ROTF's ending left most of the Autobots' fates open-ended.

I wrote a chapter of fanfiction actually that incorporated the Arcee tri-mentality of the final ToTF comic issue and the individual personalities and names of their toys (see "Tales of the Fallen" link in sig). I had the trio originate from Arcee's spark like in the comic and then go on to develop individual personalities. In time, their shared minds would begin to separate as their differing experiences and desires established individual characters in what was once three parts of one mind and spark.

12. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Exactly the way they should be.

13. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Easy, yall.

The writes claim they're all dead. Yet, Chromia was seen alive. She's probably wherever Barricade, Scalpel, and Jolt are.

On topic.

For a time, I've wanted the bikes to be individuals, to boost the Autobot's numbers. But, the tri-partitie thingy is fascinating. I even got used to calling them Arcee as one. I'm liking it even more. But Chromia is still a nice figure and design...

14. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

Damn thread title... I got it all wrong.

15. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    Wow, this is a very misleading thread title...

16. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

I don't like when the spark/personality of a Transformer is split up in diffrent robotic bodies. I do not like the way Reflector is often portrayed (I know reflector is sometimes portrayed as three individuals), I don't mind if the robot mode splits up in two vechicles like the duocons though.

So I like them like three individuals. That being said, I havn't read anything from Tales of the fallen, but maybe I'll change my opinion when the TPB is released and I buy it and read it.

17. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Single mind on three fronts is my mofo preference.

And it's what's intended.

That worked out nicely. :) 

18. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

giggity

19. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    :lol :thumbs2: 

20. Infil

Infil Well-Known Member

Those robot CGI models are expensive to design. I don't doubt that Michael Bay will add the bike sisters back in if it helps add to the robot count. It's just the type of cost saving film making he always employs.

Even if Bay or the writers had intended for them to die, there's still room for them to change their minds. Blackout also re-appeared despite having died previously.