How Sentinel Prime actually transforms

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by kookookajew, Nov 26, 2011.

1. kookookajew

kookookajew Well-Known Member

At about 2 hours and 20 minutes in .. I kinda noticed something weird about when Optimus stabs sentinels vehicle mode when he transforms.

If you watch very carefully .. sentinels shield pops out from under the front of the vehicle WITH the bumper ... and if you watch REALLY carefully .. Sentinels shield is actually apart of his vehicle mode.

Also in the shot a minute or so before (when the marine wounds sentinel with a rocket) you see sentinel running away to turn into vehicle mode, but before he does he grabs his shield (which may support the theory he can not transform without his shield).

Also, the shoulder padding sentinel has is actually what the LC Sentinel uses for the chest. I noticed its basically the sides of the vehicle mode crunched up into a cone-like shoulder pad.

I know this topic may be a bit uninteresting, but I just thought I'd share :) 

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Nice catch. Makes sense since his shield is so large. Also I love how he has to get on all fours to transform. Most Autobots do some acorbatic shit or have very expressive transformation schemes, but Sentinel goes for practicality before flare 'cuz, well, he's old.

3. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

That's really interesting, actually. His shield makes the undercarriage of vehicle mode. Cool :D 

4. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

Bumblebee does too, at least in the first movie.

5. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

Nice. Thanks for the info dude.

6. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Fascinating.