How rare is WST Thundercracker?!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by lazerous8506, Oct 10, 2012.

1. lazerous8506

lazerous8506 Seacon

I've been looking for this WST for about a year now - never seen one up for sale, even on ebay!

I know it is one of the chase figures but how rare is it?

2. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Yup, it's one of the two rarest Smallest Transformers, being a 'secret chase' item.
    He was shortpacked in a ratio of 1:48, AND released in Smallest Transformers wave 2.5, which had a more limited release than waves 1 and 2.

Personally, I had a worse time finding the anime colored Convoy trailer from the same wave, but I lucked out with Thundercracker a few years ago.

3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thundercracker is probably the biggest pain in the ass of the chase figures to acquire, thanks to its wave seeing only a limited release. In terms of production numbers, I have no idea since I haven't heard any, but considering how many Skywarps/Magnuses/Blue-Silverstreaks are available and the red Bumblebee pops up every so often, Thundercracker can't be anywhere near as prevalent as the other chases. I have seen it go up for sale at least multiple times, so at least it's not uber-rare.

4. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Im glad I'm not completionist on the line, because after looking at the resource on him.....he makes my buying hand itch in a bad way. Just got a KO WST Ultra Magnus from another board member, so I already feel a little wistful on the whole line. Thankfully, I have Prime w/trailer, Soundwave, , Red Alert, Thrust, Starscream, Skywarp, Megatron, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Sideswipe, Jazz, and Prowl.

Maybe there's a KO version around somewhere....or maybe someone will make one. It's kind of like the Kabiya Fort Max, want one, but don't have the income to do it right now.

5. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's one I'm looking for too. Some board member had it on sale a few months ago. Someone snatched it up almost right away. Didn't even get a chance to PM "you still have it?"

6. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought someone did make a KO WST Thundercracker. I don't know if it was heerotoymakers or someone else, but I thought there was one. It was why when I bought mine, I made sure it came with the original packaging and paperwork (I also got to inspect it in-hand, though that was an exception since I don't live near most people I buy stuff from). I know there is a KO clear blue version too.

7. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

I have a KO WST Thundercracker, but unfortunately mine seems to be translucent. I got mine from Heero a couple of years ago. I hope he does another run in solid blue, next time.

8. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

Yes, herostoymaker(sp?) did offer WST Thundercracker in both solid and translucent. I also picked up Skywarp, Dirge, Ramjet and Sunstorm in both solid and translucent colors. They also did Starscream's Ghost and ehobby black SS in WST, along with totally clear translucent and glow in the dark versions, and a few G2 seekers. I think they are offering Acid Storm currently, not sure what else.

9. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Heero did make a KO of TC, and a translucent version. Even the "normal" version is a bit clear, but not as clear as the "ghost" version. Once you compare the pictures, it's pretty obvious what the differences are; Legit TC is a darker solid blue, has a painted face, has the G1 style launchers instead of null rays, the tailfins are rounded, has wing stripes and purple tampos. Heero's version has an unpainted face, pretty bad tampos, no wing stripes, null rays instead of the old style launchers, and the tailfin assembly is different.

OP: save yourself some grief and track down the KO version and get the Reprolabel set (pic attached). It isn't much easier to find, but it will be a lot cheaper.

*edit* - more pics of the originals from heero, regular and ghost versions

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  10. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

Even the KO is hard to find, these days!

11. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah perfect, thanks for reminding me! I forgot the legit one has its face painted (go figure, I own the bloody thing so you'd think I'd remember that).