How rare is the g1 jetfire transitional unit?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by blahduh, Jul 24, 2007.

1. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

Just got a g1 jetfire, not really too happy with some of the parts(A crack on the back and a piece of backpack has chipped off)
    However, it has Bandai stamp on one side and "Tokyo Japan" on the other side, which means it's a transitional unit. Is this one really rare? Is this one usually more expensive than the other jetfires? Thanks

2. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

The Bandai ones are quite rare iirc, does it have the Macross badges on the wings as well?

3. blahduh

No Macross icon on the wings, the stamping is the same as the middle one in linked picture
    The figure itself is bonewhite with no yellowing though, I wonder if the plastic they used were different.
    [​IMG]

4. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

Funny, I've seen more of the middle one than either of the others.

5. blahduh

Are you sure? I own 3 jetfire and two of them has the stamping as the top one. This one I just got has pretty much the same body parts as the Matsushiro Jetfire(clear striped canopy, Matsushiro backpack, smooth surface area on tail section), except the antenna and the Macross logo of course

6. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

If I said it I meant it, but to be fair I should say: "Jetfires that I actually looked at the copyright mark were 1 Matsushiro, 2 BANDAI squares and at least 10 BANDAI strips.