How rare is stepper

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by maximus prime3, Dec 14, 2006.

1. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, I used to prefer the originals but thinking about the money I can spend on other cool stuff, I decided reissues are the way to go...especially if they're very similar to the originals. Of course, that doesn't stop me from buying the originals who I no have almost no chance of being reissued. Example, G1 Omega Supreme and G1 Shockwave.

2. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

Wow Stepper went down a lot. I don't care what anyone says. Stepper is rare. I have been re-collecting since 1995, and I only ever saw 2 vintage examples before the reissues came out. Now everyone is unloading them while they can. At this point I wouldn't trust a "mint vintage/ only used for display" as it may be a reissue in a vintage box, unless it is MISB.

The number one thing to consider is that the original Nebulan (that is his name) is extremely fragile and prone to either exteme wear or breakage due to the design of all Decepticon Targetmasters. Also the new Nebulon has a peg that the figure can actually hold.

Your best bet is to save a lot of money and just buy a vintage box and styro.

3. maximus prime3

maximus prime3 Banned

i only 15, and i didn't know about g1 until 2004

4. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

And there's nothin' wrong with that. IMO, there's just better vintage stuff to spend your money on at that age/income level than the original Stepper when you have the reissue. Combiners, the '84-85 cars that haven't been reissued, the two seekers that haven't been reissued (stateside anyway), etc. There be a lot of goodies out there...and you can get several of them for the same amount of money as an original Stepper.

5. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im 16, and I have a ton of G1 stuff. I have a Reissue Stepper, the Hasbro version, but i want the Takara Version. Much better IMO than both Hasbro and Vintage versions. The vintage version didnt come with the rifel, or launcher and missiles IIRC. I would save the money you are going to invest in Stepper, and get some awsome G1 Figs like Metroplex or Trypticon, or the combiner teams. You can go wrong with any of those, and you could easily get about 3 combiner teams or more, and mabe 2 city bots with the money you would spend on Stepper

6. maximus prime3

maximus prime3 Banned

you can get a job, i can't

7. Rattrap

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What Im saying is that instead of paying hundreds on a Stepper, you can buy a ton of cooler toys. But thats just my opinion.

8. maximus prime3

maximus prime3 Banned

i would have a huge collection of g1 aready if i had a job

9. Rattrap

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, Im not trying to insult you or anything, but give you some friendly advice. :)  WHen I didnt have a job, which was about a half year ago, I got a majority of my G1 stuff cheap, by restoring junkers, buying huge lots on ebay, and selling some, to make money back and pay back parents/friends. Also what i did alot of was go to garage sales or put adds in newpapers saying I was looking for TFs, I got a TON of awsome G1 stuff that way, like Headmasters, Citybots, combiners, Reflector, and stuff I didnt need, so I sold that. I would recommend the Newspaper add over ebay, as I got Trypticon, plus some headmasters for $40 total one time. Its a good way to save money, and make money off figures you have already. Not trying to tell you what to do, just giving you some friendly advice. :) 

10. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

hey rattrap, some people just can't take advice... LOL..:lolol 

kind of an inside joke i guess, LOL

11. maximus prime3

maximus prime3 Banned

i got good news, i got my second g1 figure for christmas, Sideswipe(reissue). kb toys at town east mall in mesquite, tx has them for $15 and my brother got me one and he hate transformers with a passion(because of me:ev: )

12. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    :lol  Oh man. That had me rolling. :lol 

13. maximus prime3

maximus prime3 Banned

looks like this thread has started up again.....man sideswipe is awsome