How rare is ROTF CLEAR OPTIMUS?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ang3l3s, Jan 17, 2011.

1. ang3l3s

ang3l3s Sixshot

As the title states, is there a specific number made???

While i'm on it how bout those new united 3 packs from e-hobby coming out with clear galvy, cyclonus and scourge, side burn, kup and new head sculpt junkion. Are those really rare/limited numbers or is it just a marketing ploy??

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I don't know the exact number of clear (Family Mart) ROTF Primes in existence, but they are quite scare as I have been on the lookout for one since I heard about them and I've maybe found one or two only... all at absurd prices. Although maybe not that absurd because they're extremely rare!

3. ssancho

ssancho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the ehobby set is Matrix crystal roddy, battle damage kup and junkion. They are made to order so depending on how much are order i guess.

4. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Clear ROTF ops isnt rare at all, so to speak.

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I'm not sure what you mean? Are you saying he's commonplace? :confused: 

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Didn't someone do an estimate (maybe it was Bodhar when they came out, sorry I can't remember) based on information they were given that the crystal Primes came out to 2000 or so? I could be way off, but I thought someone was able to put a number on them, even if it wasn't confirmed by FamilyMart, Takara, or anyone else in an official capacity.

7. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

That's quite a decent number. Maybe if I wait around a while they will start to show up with a bit more frequency at more 'affordable' prices.

I really would love to own one, since I already have Buster Prime and the Amazon.jp black repaint of the original mold.

8. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    I think the estimated number was 2 per store with 2000 stores total.
    So 4000 units ... rare? not-so-rare? kinda rare? Definitely not ultra rare. ;) 

9. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    ^ That would be correct statistics, more or less.

At least what we've heard from the locals (Japan) when the campaign started.

Some dude were saying its under 3,700 when he was trying to peddle his piece on eBay.

He's holding the title for "Most Overly Produced LD" currently. :lol 

10. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Yeah, I've got one and it is freaking awesome, but you can readily find one on eBay for $280 shipped or so. I'm glad someone asked this question though because I've been wondering this myself. 3700-4000 is a decent number so I would say it isn't rare if that is accurate, but it certainly isn't commonplace and it's an awesome figure anyway. Go get it it and complete your Prime collection. Go now.

11. ang3l3s

ang3l3s Sixshot

So how rare is the Amazon.jp black repaint ???

12. Automorpher

News Credits:
    ^ Well, Amazon had to clearanced him to get him moving.

That's how rare he is. :lol 

13. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've learned that most japanese exclusive arent that rare at all. They get all hyped up, and then the market is flooded with them. I want to say the last one was wildrider(and I think his run was of 1000), other than that, nothing comes to mind as of late. So I just sit and wait for the overhyped prices to come down, like the black animated prime did. LOL

14. Automorpher

News Credits:
    The TFA Black Convoy huh?

Alot of boys here gotten burnt on that one... :redface2: 

15. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Oh man I just got one this past week on eBay UK for about £55 shipped! I love it when that happens :cool: 

I got a Hyper Hobby black Animated Rodimus and Elite Guard Prowl for less than that each as well! The moral of this story is, be patient and wait for the right deal to come along if you're in the market for Japanese exclusives.

16. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    3-4k of ROTF Leader Class Primes in a sea of hundreds of thousands of fanboys clamouring for it?! Nah, not uber rare but only a small % can own one..:p  (that's how i console myself! :lol )

17. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    I would concur though I would also include Crystal Convoy with Wildrider. I believe Crystal Convoy was limited to 1000 pieces. Granted the KO version has made sales of it slow down though that may change if FanProj releases a crystal version of the City Commander Armor. *snicker*

18. Mach

Mach Grand Master

News Credits:
    I wonder u collect the toy is because u really like it, or u collect it only because it is very rare?

So if u own something that is so rare (even it is an ugly crap) and make u feel u are in the elite class? Just like u own a Ferrari while others are just driving a Toyota?

19. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A lot of the japanese items are based on limited run instead of rarity. But in Japan's market a lot of the items disappear and never re-emerge again.

Unfortunately, like the Animated Black Prime case where more were produced then originally advertised, or the Challenge At Cybertron where Hasbro claimed it was not releasing the set and then released Battle in Space with rubsigns being the only difference the market keep changing so you can't predict when it's better to sit and wait.

Has there been an exclusive since Botcon 08, Crystal Convoy, or Wildrider where it was better to buy right away? I think we're hitting a period of overproduction. Botcon and Takara has been producing more and more each year but a lot of that may be due to speculators and scalpers who've gotten burnt.

20. ang3l3s

ang3l3s Sixshot

I like rare things like everyone else and yes i do collect what i like but i ask this question so i know what i would be willing to pay for it aside from how much i like it.

I don't buy things because everyone else buys them (hype) but i don't let the market determine what i will pay for items neither. There is always a deal waiting to be found and if it is not as rare as stated in the sales pitch i will wait for the hype to die and buy it at a price that i'am willing to pay.