How rare is blue eared cyclonus?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Grendel1979, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Grendel1979

Grendel1979 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm going through a lot I recently purchased and I came across a blue eared cyclonus. Fred's workshop made no mention of it being rare, but everything else on a google search labeled it as such. Is it truly rare? If so, could someone guess its value? Thanks in advance.

2. Spark

Spark General Electric

It's not particularly super rare to my knowledge, kind of like the painted Scourges vs. the stickered ones. Probably a little more desirable, however. It's not quite the same as the metal-having versions of the '86 Autobots, who seem to be harder to come by.

3. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Got any pictures? I've never heard of a blue eared Cyclonus.

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Look for pics of Cyclonus' box; he has blue ears on that. I didn't know that any actually made it into production like that, though. Very cool find, Grendel1979. I'd love to see a photo of it sometime :thumb 

5. TF@TM

TF@TM Lucky Draw Collector

News Credits:
  6. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

both my regular cyclonus have the blue ears. One is my original and the other is a more minty one i picked up off evil bay and both have them since when I compare them to my TM cyclonus...he does not. So i guess i was lucky twice? lol. THe ebay auction did not mention anything about the rare blue ears on mine either, however chris of wheeljackslab always labels them as rare....so i guess maybe he is.

7. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

I don't know about "little known"... These have been well known about for years and years. But with all the volume of new products coming out the past few years, I just don't see a lot of people focusing on G1 lately.

The Blue version is far nicer than the later one that was released. It was simply a matter of Hasbro cutting costs when they made the change. I wouldn't say it's a particularly rare variation, but I'd expect well less than half of all Cyclonus toys are this version.

8. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've seen the blue-eared version roughly as often as the non-blue one on ebay I believe, so it doesn't seem especially rare to me. I never noticed any price discrepancy based on that either, but then I haven't really paid specific attention to that.