How rare are the new BW molds of Primal and Megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Javi 2 Suave, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Javi 2 Suave

Javi 2 Suave The King Of Impulse TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got the two pack of the remolds of the originals today, but I have never seen the individual new molds that were supposed to be released. Did I just miss these or have they not been mass released yet?

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Oh their out there! They were released by the MASSES!!! Guess you just missed 'em?

3. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

i saw the individuals a lot for a while there, but they started to dry up after a while.

4. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Just like Classics, "You'll Find it (them)" at Fred meyer's. The one's around here still have some of the BW reissues especially Primal and Megs.

5. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Not rare at all...in these parts, we have tons of the reissue BW stuff, the giant w-pack, and we just got lots of the Cyb. repacks of the resissue BW stuff. Hooray.

6. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw a bunch of them one day and bought Megatron, and when I went back the next day they were all gone (scalper?). I haven't seen either of them since.

7. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

Here's a tougher question... has anyone in CANADA seen them?

And where are the Cybertron packed repaints supposed to appear?

8. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I saw Megs once and that was when I got him. I saw prime twice, but the second time I saw a few.

Also, the Megatron is the exact same mold that was just released as part of Cybertron.

9. Menasor

Menasor Jibba Jabberin' Automod

Havent seen any around here and walmart doesnt have any shelf space set aside for them. Only ever had about 2-3 of each of the second wave figures,and a crapload of the first wave. Never had any Optimus/Megs though and probably wont.

10. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Outside of a few specialty comic/import shops, nope, no Canadian release as of yet. I've resorted to getting mine as payment from a fellow Allsparker for some stuff I'm about to send him.

As for the Cybertron repaints, those have also started to show up in the states. I think they're the last wave of Cybertron deluxes, packed with Smokescreen (Crosswise repaint). It's the wave after the one with the deluxe Unicron.

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Hope they don't turn out like Grimlock & Swoop and end up on ebay for $100.

There's a whole lot of people who still has'nt found these.

12. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

Well I only just found Megatron Today, and only found Primal about two weeks ago. I think there was another Megatron there today, but I haven't seen another Primal. I did see Cybertron smokescreen, but none of the BWX repaints.

13. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    For the individually sold 10th anniversary figures, it's kinda rare around here unless you want Rhinox, Rattrap, or Waspinator.

For the 2-pack of Primal and Megs...now, that is rare but the TRU where I am sucks a lot. There was only one package out and I was fortunate to grab it.

14. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

rare

I do not think they are rare, every store I have went to a Walmart and the TRU here has had 2 of each except the Smokescreen, I think it is 2 Primes,2 Megs and 1 Smokescreen in a case maybe?

Just give it time this was only stocked at my TRU in time for the sale, so if you have not found them yet do not worry they had just shipped to here in Georgia last week.

15. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

The Cybertron versions are out? Gah, I hate living in South Dakota.

I've seen one of each of the Beast Wars 10th versions at TRU and bought Megs. I saw one Megs and about five Ops at Target and bought Ops. I truly hate his colors, but the molds are both spectacular. Optimus's transformation is just terrific, and gets rid of my biggest complaints with the original molds. I think I'd be OK with the colors if not for the half-and-half limbs. That just annoys the crap out of me.

But I need to get the Cybertron versions of these molds too. Probably doubles there so I can do my dastardly deeds to them with the airbrush.

Anybody else get the feeling these molds were created as part of the Beast planet long before the 10th Anniversary line was created? I just think they fit better as Cybertron Beasts than as Beast Wars characters. Especially in the mold details. So many technical external details.

Sorry for writing a book. But I just opened these two up recently and love, love, LOVE them.