How powerfull is Vector Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by General Magnus, Jan 27, 2008.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I was reading the Cybertron comic and noticed that Vector Prime was capable of going toe to toe with Ramjet, whos is quoted to being to powerfull that he disturbs reality around him, yet on GF or Cybertron he gets his ass handed to him by Starscream and Megatron (who I doubt are nearly has powerfull as Ramjet) is there any therory on on this? Did the fight left him worned out?

2. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't even know ramjet was in the Cybertron series, got any more info about him?

3. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I would say that given how powerful Starscream is (able to take out all the Autobots un-aided) and that Megatron was more powerful than Giant Starscream, Vector Prime should have struggled.

While it is possible that his fight with Ramjet could have left him heavily damaged, old age is most likely the cause. Later in the Cybertron series, he doesnt even have enough power to safely use his Time warping powers, and early on in the series it completely drains him to reverse time a few seconds.

Oh, and Universe Ramjet was in the Cybertron comics, not a new version of the character.

4. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Universe Ramjet, the Armada seeker mold right?

5. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, well, the Armada Starscream remold anyway. The one that became Skywarp.

6. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Vector Prime is very powerful, but taking Hasbro's backstory into account, Vector Prime expends most of his power in containing (or slowing down) the expansion of the Unicron Singularity.

I don't remember if they explained this in Galaxy Force or not, or the writers merely decided that old guy = weak fighter.

7. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    To my mind, Vector Prime is as old as time itself. He's one of the first thirteen, and even with that immense power he possesses, he's still ancient. Even with all his power, it's stretched to its limits. For him to manipulate time as he does a couple of times in the series really takes it out of him, since also needs to compensate for all the negative factors such a time slip would cause. That's what finishes him off - he basically removes three ships and dozens of Transformers on board from time and reinserts them at the correct place to avoid damaging the time stream, preserving what exists without causing paradox (since the next episode somewhere mentions that the ships emerged in the right place in time on the other side of the wormhole, not weeks earlier before they passed through in the first place).

If that's not powerful, I don't know what is.

As far as Vector's lack of strength in battle goes, he's simply not a fighter. I see the 13 as being without peer in their own areas. Vector Prime's strength is in his subtle manipulations of the timestream. He's a master of time travel rather than a god of war.

Not to mention that Cybertron was a little inconsistent with the power of the Transformers. Thundercracker manages to take down Prime on one occasion, yet he can't beat a guy like Jetfire on another occasion.

9. Sycia

Sycia Draconian Faction

Since Ramjet's presence itself distorted/ destroyed time and space, wouldn't Vector Prime have been using most of his power to try neutralizing that effect during the battle those two had. Perhaps that's why they seemed on par with each other?

Darn it. I want to read those Universe comics. =_=

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    There's a TPB out. Transformers Cybertron: Balancing Act. Covers the first two year's worth of Club Comic Material, and is a pretty decent self-contained story all of its own, beyond the ongoing Skyfall / Landquake storyline.

11. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now, I didn't know that VP was an original 13. That makes me kind of like the character even more. Not just for the neat looking toy mold :dunce  .

12. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    I always saw him as the future Trunks of the TF world. You know, this mysterious guy with all kinds of attacks and powers from some other dimension who is more of a strong warrrior than a leader.

On a seperate note, since I prefer the white US version to any other mold/repaint of his I let him be a young Alpha Trion in my TF battles.

13. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

vectorprime is a cool dude! he bends time and dosent Afraid of anything!

14. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:

i agree....i cant wait for the next trade to come out, as im missing issues from the end of that trade to the point when i joined the club...