How picky/selective are you?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AnAutobot1985, Sep 30, 2012.

1. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    i try to buy what i feel is the best representation of a character.

or ... i buy if the mold is really cool. sometimes its just i gotta have it. like i had no real desire to be DOTM terradive, but the more i looked at it and the more i saw of it on here, i knew i had to have it.

i will also buy my favorites. i try to get all the OPs. BBs i can pass on, but those DOTM special ones ... Cyberfire and the walmart movie exclusive and nitro they were cool looking.

2. geekacres

geekacres Well-Known Member

If I like it, and I can get it at a good price, then I add it to my collection. I'm in this hobby because I enjoy it, not as an investment. Sometimes that means buying something that's not popular or highly sought after. But I dig it, so I pick it up.

3. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    I have one particular buying habit: I buy far more from any given line than I originally intended to.

4. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    I'm incredibly picky now.

Haven't purchased a Transformer since earlier this summer. The prices now are just outrageous and the figures are awful...

5. s_cren

s_cren Banned

this is exactly how i am totally in with classics picky with third party because of price and i only go after in show chracters for the most part in TF PRIME for example, i may get rumble tho

6. McSoundwave

McSoundwave Soundwave superior!

I would say I'm rather selective. My niche is G1 and MP with a smattering of Classics. And, even within that group, I only buy what I feel are the best representations of the characters I love most. I don't care for any of the movieverse iterations in the least and these new Generations figures are lackluster in my opinion. So yeah, if it isn't MP or G1 (reissues) these days, it's nadda.

:cool: 

7. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    This and depending on the show/movie I watch I usually try to complete the whole cast of robots that was featured in it, but I usually don't succeed very well on doing so. I also buy whatever is on sale at other stores like Ross/and Marshalls since some figures they do have in stock is very cheap, my brother actually just bought me DOTM Voyager Shockwave for like 6bucks, and a couple months I bought Reveal Shield Optimus, and Jazz for 10bucks.

8. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I'm relatively selective. I have a few focuses...MP, Show-accuate BW, G1 in Clssics form (generally speaking, season 1, but some other portions I have notalgia for as well), and Optimus Prime. I do get the random figure now and then, but it is pretty rare these days (e.g Animated Prowl, Drift).

These are all augmented by 3rd party figures, Shapeways, and many have been customized or are completely custom.

Expensive and fairly expansive. I may cut out the classics depending on how developed the MP line gets.

9. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

If I like it then ill buy it

10. millerman3732

millerman3732 I remain unconvinced.

News Credits:
    Not super selective but I do try and keep some semblance of order to things. I pretty much buy Optimus Prime, Megatron, Soundwave, and Starscream from each line. Other than those guys I try to keep my purchases to main cast character from each line/fiction/media only. I will occasionally buy a non-screen figure from time to time, DOTM Skyhammer and Prime shadow strike BB are two that come to mind. And I generally on buy figures that are released domestically, the only line I'm willing to pay import prices for are the MP's.

11. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lets put it this way.Here's the figures I got from TF Prime:
    Wheeljack
    Ratchet
    Cliffjumper
    The Vehicon

12. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

I'm not at all picky, hell I have and love figures some say suck (PRID Bulkhead and Optimus Prime)

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Normally I'm not but recently i've become more because their isn't as much great figures as their once was.....that and the stuff i want is still not avaliable to me.

14. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    mostly completionist on lines i like. g1, classics, animated, alts.

extremely selective on the new stuff

15. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

Not picky enough! Lol

16. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I am not terribly picky but i do tend to avoid figures with known Issues such as a tendency to break due to it design,GPS, and just plain bad figures. ( that said BM Supreme cheetor keeps catching my eye.)

I also strongly dislike the movie aesthetic and I dislike prime for reasons of personal taste in how the wrote the characters ( specifically Bulkhead and Wheeljack).

I collect from all lines prior to the movie line and repaints of earlier figures from the 2007 movie line.

17. crcs

crcs Active Member

I have a problem. If it's not movie-verse, I buy without thinking. Even some movie stuff I buy. Even stuff I tell myself I won't buy somehow ends up in my house. And even when I try so desperately to go cold turkey, my kids enable the habit by dragging me to the toy section of every store. So, no, not picky.

18. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i only collect rare figures, figures i want in my collection, and anything i find at either discount stores or thrift stores cause those usually end up at about 50 cents a piece. i am in no way a completionist and don't intend to become one

19. CybertronStreak

CybertronStreak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like to get solid toys like Energon Decepticons, Omnicons, Terrorcons, Ultra-Sized including Landmine and Bulkhead, Cybertron, Robots in Disguise/Car Robots, Beast Machines Vehicons, Classics/Universe/Generations, Animated, 2007 Movie, Hunt for The Decepticons, ROTF toys that did not have mold change like Sideswipe and Brawn, DOTM redecoes from HTFD, and Prime First Edition.

I also like to collect Power Core Combiners and the Human Alliance Basics.

I also avoid toys that will break soon.

20. Nemisispath

Nemisispath Needs a new username

I'll buy just about any G1 figure, being as the guy I buy them from give me ridiculous discounts! not to brag or anything, but I've got some free casettes and wheeljack, and discounts of up to $40!!! I feel guilty about it, but it keeps me addicted to buying them to the point I reluctantly ignore the new figures I want.