How "open" are you in regards to your TF collection/obsession?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Div, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    :lol :

2. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Have a like.

As for me, I sing every aspect of my life from the rooftops. Warhammer. Star Trek. Isaac Asimov. Transformers. Several animes. Video gaming. I figure if the normies can drone on and on and on and on and on and fucking on about football, NASCAR, high performance vehicles and the like while I'm stuck next to them, they can hear all about my nerdness.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

Meh. Outside the home it hardly makes its way into casual conversion. If someone brings it up or if it's on-topic I might mention TFs but I don't go ramming it down people's throats like othets do with sports or politics.

The occasional friend is aware that it's an interest of mine, fewer still have seen the bear-cave with the neatly organized shelves of plastic crack. If you ask my wife she might say I'm obsessed but w/e. Drugs, alcahol, gambling, yatta yatta. A couple of folks have actually offered to get me some gems when they go travel or to conventions, tho usually the pickins' are slim.

In summation, this hobby is something I prefer to share with a degree of exclusivity, if only for the whole comfort-of-the-few friends I've managed to keep over the eons, and I am in no way embarassed to have a healthy interest in a cultural phenomenon of engineering awesomeness.

-Kronatron.

• Like Like x 3
  4. MrVanimal

MrVanimal Well-Known Member

I have a large visible Autobot tattoo on my lower arm so I don't hide it. I have lots of "normal" hobbies as well. Sports, cars, ride motorcycles, play bass guitar. And you know what, I have Autobot symbols on all of them.

5. Div

Div Cardboard Boximus

nice, i bought an autobot aluminum car decal for my toyota matrix years ago. i thought it was fitting considering the name of the car. however after a couple weeks i started noticing the corners being pried off which i dont think was possible on its own. im fairly certain some jerks were messing with it while it sat parked. pissed me off to no degree

6. MrVanimal

MrVanimal Well-Known Member

Yeah, people are jerks. I've had a new truck since November 2016 and so far I've had 2 hit and runs on it. I do the trailer hitch cover for my truck, and if somebody wants to steal it, let them. I'm actually thinking about getting my truck done up like the Combiner Wars Ironhide toy. I have a red 4 door Nissan Frontier so I think it would be a great homage to the original toy as well (He was a Nissan Vanette).

7. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Family and close friends know about the obsession, can't hide them all like when i first start collecting in 2005.

None of my co-workers know about the TFs residing in my toy room. I would never take any to work, I barely trust them with supplies in the office.

8. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Heh me too. I talk to them about my toys but taking them with me? No way.

• Like Like x 1