how often do you honestly transform your TF's

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by microclone, Sep 29, 2008.

1. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ok, its a obvious question but just how often do you play with your toys?

I have other takara lines but TF's get 'played' with the most, i suppose thats because of the simple duality of the toy, its one thing then quickly another, so its hard to leave them in one mode but still doesnt require some extended play to get the most out of a given toy.

I probably pick one up 2-3 times a day, but sometimes i'll really geek out and get out powermaster prime and flip through his various modes over 15 miutes or so. Right now i'd say that its the animated toys that are still holding my attention the most.

2. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Rarely. I put them in bot mode, put them on a shelf, and they kinda stay there for long periods of time.

3. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I usually just transform them once and then display them but i keep all thier instructions if i want to change them back.

4. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    all day everyday

5. KAGE

KAGE aka: GibsonKAGE

News Credits:
    same here

6. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    intersting. admittedly some of mine remain in one mode longer than others and im quite sure that some of them have been in bot mode for over a year, others get far more abuse, i think i should get a second powermaster prime as its actually showing a bit of wear ive transformed him that much.

7. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought a few of my latest acquisitions to school with me, and have had some more shipped here as I buy them, and they live and my desk and get handled plenty while I'm doing stuff or bored. My Road Ceaser and Star Saber get the most attention...

8. BadJeff

BadJeff Bite my shiny metal ass!

Out of the package, one transformation for shits & giggles then posed on the display shelf seldom to be fiddled with again.

9. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Constantly; some more than others, largely depending on what's within reach at the time.

10. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    There are some that honestly don't get touched much after I open them and put them on the shelf but there are others that get transformed several times a week. Mostly my Classics and Animated.

11. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    I really never transform them as they are all put away in boxes, So I will take them out transform them to inspect if I came across a double in the case its worth upgrading. otherwise they can go years without being transformed and some I will never transform like my unused Black Zarak for the fear of it being distroyed :-(

12. Commtech

Commtech Voice Over Bot

News Credits:
    With animated, very often, mostly because I'm playing with my 4 year old who is obsessed with the cartoon.

13. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

I always have my most recent purchases right here at my computer desk, and I transform them many times. The other ones do get fiddled with from time to time, particularly when I'm watching TV or one of my bros playing on the 360.

14. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

An absurd number of times throughout the day! Especially when I have to ponder over something or need to relax. I work from home right now...and they are on our bookshelf in the living room for display. Universe Classics characters are the ones to get the most attention...and then next in-line would be the Alternators and Masterpiece. All of my G1 and Beast wars are still in my parent's attic, boxed up. I pick up at least 4-5 different characters a day ..and play with the bot poseing it different ways...maybe transforming him a couple times and at the end of the day which ever ones are out, go back into their respective battle scenes....I also take which ever character I have been fixated on that day in the car with my G/F when she is driving...my ADHD can make me awfully board quite easy...but as long as I have a cigerette and a Transformer I'm all good. Plus...Transformers have always been my lucky charms...and they make me feel a bit safer when I'm in the car with her haha...or maybe just take my mind off the road so I'm not yelling at her for how bad she drives and how I about just shit my pants. ahaha

15. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

same here as well.

16. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    agreed!

17. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you are a transforming piece of plastic within arms reach of where I am sitting at the moment, you get transformed.

18. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Good man. That's the way to treat your TOYS.

19. Grimlock King

Grimlock King GRRRrrr me hate titles

Ebay:
    Well my Macross 1/60 Roy Focker V2 with Strike and Super Parts is still MIB!!!
    My Jazz and Stepper are also MIB!!!
    Normally I purchase two, one for MIB and the other for play. But it's too expensive these days so w/o further delay I transform my TF Animated figures as often as I can!!! Now this does not mean that I do it cuz I find them not of equal value as the others just that I find them fun trying to actually enjoy them like they're meant to be, not statues in a shelf.

20. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

Me too! Admittedly, I generally transform my Legends the most. It's just so damn satisfying!!!

QFT!