How often do third party items restock?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ezim93, Jul 28, 2012.

1. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been thinking about buying some third party items and I am cruious how often sites like TFSource and BBTS get new stock? Do some companies stop making items at a certain point or do they continue to make certain items after a certain point? Please let me know. Thank you

2. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    They do a run and if there's a demand they will do another run. It all depends on the demand.

3. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yep. There won't be more unless they have the demand to produce them. Check around at some of the smaller sellers if the big boys don't have what you're looking for, too. Wink wink, nudge nidge. :D 

4. Hothouse Prime

Hothouse Prime Not old... Just older.

Do business with Captured Prey. Great pricing, great customer service.

5. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    It's been my experience that third party items from the bigger names, i.e FansProject, Perfect Effect and the like, sit around for quite awhile so you don't really need to worry about them selling out and getting new stock. You got plenty of time.

BBTS didn't sell most of their third party stock until the big blowout sale, for example. A lot of that stuff was over six months old.

However, most of the time it's not them getting new stock, just people tend to move on from third party items so quickly that after that week in the sun, people kind of forget about the item and sales just slow down. A few weeks ago, it was all about Perfect Effect Arcee, now its Cyclops but hell, now its probably going to be all about the future stuff just announced. Hype moves very quickly here.

However, third party items from smaller companies they aren't stocked at a lot of places, like Hegemon, tend to go pretty quickly.

Once a third party item sells out though, that's pretty much it, game over. Sometimes there are re-releases but I wouldn't count on it.

6. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well if anyone finds a blood the dark warrior set, let me know.