How often do stores "restock?"

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Paladin, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    (apologies if this is in the wrong place)

Been wondering about this for a long time-

Is there any sort of schedule or pattern regarding when stores re-stock their shelves?

2. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Most stores stocks every couple of days. Like Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

3. Iron Spider-Man

Iron Spider-Man Banned

News Credits:
    Target restocks on MWF, and Wal-Mart gets trucks every night. Meijer and K-Mart I am not sure.

It seems in the past week (or more) that Target and WM have been slack about getting any sort of restock in as far as TFs and GI Joes go, which is really bizarre, you'd think they'd get that sort of thing in to sell to kids with Christmas money instead of pegs full of clearance Indiana Jones figures and The Corps crap.

4. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was told by a manager at Walmart that they restock the transformers whenever they run out, that they don't receive a "regular" shipment to the store.
    Not sure I beleive her; more inclined to beleive MushroomPrime and Iron spider-man, makes more sense.

5. silverstreak70

silverstreak70 Well-Known Member

I work for Wal-Mart and we restock every night. Some items such as action figures are on what is called assembly replenishment. Since they are not a high volume item, they are automatically ordered usually once a week, based upon rate of sale and the system on hands. If there are a lot of shelf warmers in the store and they're not moving, the system won't order new stock until the on hands drop to a certain level. That's why you see some stores don't ever seem to get new stuff in. Since I keep an eye out for when new waves are supposed to be coming, I usually will order a case or two or three when I know a new one is coming out. That way new items come in and even if there are some that don't sell, we keep the rate up high enough that another shipment should come in the next order cycle. So since it is usually a weekly order period, it's about a week lead time from when the order goes in until it is processed, shipped to the warehouse then to the store. If the folks working there keep a good eye on inventory and there's no glitch in either on hands or at the supplier end, there should be a steady wave of new product coming in. Of course, sales spikes such as at Christmas time throw everything off.

6. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    i'm suffering from plastic crack withdrawel....last year i had to wait a month after christmas to get new tformers around my area. Hoping it doesn't happen again this year. I'l probably have my kids punch me in the face the next time i see new transformers on the pegs, because it's been since before thanksgiving since the last time i bought a new tformer for myself.