How not to get scammed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DaraRex2.0, Mar 1, 2011.

1. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

I know a lot of you posters buy stuff online, only buy things online ;)  But I don't do it often enough. I was wondering if anyone here has ever come across fraud sights, or what kinds of things to look out for when making a purchase so you don't wind up losing money myseriously from your wallet.

Not just ebay (I don't know if I'd ever trust anyone there), but any sight that sells something that seems too good to be true. Is there something you can identify without asking someone else if they've bought from them? What little purchases I do make I try to be as careful as possible, but the more often you buy the higher your chances are of losing your card number....

2. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

It's not that hard to tell if you should trust a site or not. eBay is trustworthy. It's a big-name corporation, and there would be huge lawsuits if someone did get scammed. If you don't trust any online shopping websites, you're being a bit too paranoid.

3. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

This thread is more of an after thought, I've already made my purchase once I'd breezed through the sight. Just from those who've had experience with online shopping, what might discourage you from wasiting you time and money?

btw, is it true you can buy 'mystery boxs' on ebay?

4. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Hah yeap, seen a few, you can buy alllll kinda crap on ebay, and I mean alllll kinda stuff, some people even sell their their loyalty to a sports team for example.

Matter of fact iirc they have a whole section call weird and wild or something like that.

5. kraven

kraven Decepticon

I rememer a while back coming across all sorst of "haunted" stuff like dolls and statues.