How much would you pay for an Encore giftset?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Weirdwolf, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

This thread is pure speculation, but how much would you be willing to shell out for some of the following in a giftset if Takara Tomy were to release them in the Encore line (assuming the molds still exsist):

1.) Throttlebots Giftset (Rollbar, Searchlight, Chase, Freeway, Wideload, & Goldbug)
    2.) Devastator Giftset (Scrapper, Hook, Long Haul, Mixmaster, Bonecrusher, & Scavenger)
    3.) Abominus Giftset (Hun-Grrr, Blot, Sinnertwin, Cutthroat, & Rippersnapper)
    4.) Menasor Giftset (Motormaster, Dead End, Wildrider, Breakdown, & Dragstrip)
    5.) Micromaster Giftset (an Autobot Patrol vs. a Decepticon Patrol (approx. 8 Micromasters))
    6.) Battlecharger Giftset (Runamuck & Runabout)
    7.) Dinobots Giftset (Grimlock, Sludge, Snarl, Swoop, & Slag)
    8.) Superion Giftset (Silverbolt, Sky Dive, Slingshot, Air Raid, & Fireflight)
    9.) Computron Giftset (Scattershot, Strafe, Lightspeed, Nosecone, & Afterburner)
    10.) Monstructor Giftset (Wildfly, Bristleback, Slog, Icepick, Birdbrain, & Scowl)

I know some of these are kind of "out there" but in the spirit of speculation, I just wondered how some of these may be priced and/or how sought after they would be.

2. Mastodon

Mastodon Well-Known Member

I'd pay up to $100 for the combiner gift sets, and up to $125 for the Dinobots. Why haven't they re-released the Dinobots???

3. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

Supposedly missing molds. I don't understand why they don't reverse engineer them like the KO's. Surely they could get better quality.

4. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Interesting topic. Probably around $100. Again, cheaper the better.

5. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    Gimme $5 and I'll take the Throttlebots giftset.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    No Combaticon love? Personally, not much, as I have little if any interest in most of them, though if I could get them for a decent price, I'd be interested in the Dinobots gift set, and a potential Combaticons gift set. Unfortunately, the Dinobots molds were destroyed, and the Combaticons molds have probably been deemed useless, after it's many many uses.

The reasoning is simple, it's expensive to do so, and the end result isn't guaranteed to be up to production standards.

7. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What I'd be willing to pay:

- 1, 5, 6 - $0. Just not interested in these.
    - 2, 3, 4, 8, 9 - About $75 I think would be reasonable for each of these. Metroplex is somewhere around $80 - $85 and all of these would seem to have a similar amount of materials, if not slightly less. I wouldn't pay over $100; Omega Supreme was barely over $100 and it's huge and has electronics.
    - 10 - Probably about $75, like the combiner above, but only on the condition that they ensure it won't suffer GPS like the original release.
    - 7 - Between $175 - $200 for the set of all five. Each of the Encore Seekers has been about $35 each and the Dinobots are similar in size, so I'd expect a similar price per figure. However, I would be understanding of such a giftset running up to $250 if one or more Dinobot molds have to be reverse engineered, as that adds an additional production cost.

8. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    1.) Throttlebots Giftset (Rollbar, Searchlight, Chase, Freeway, Wideload, & Goldbug) - $50
    2.) Devastator Giftset (Scrapper, Hook, Long Haul, Mixmaster, Bonecrusher, & Scavenger) - $80
    3.) Abominus Giftset (Hun-Grrr, Blot, Sinnertwin, Cutthroat, & Rippersnapper) - $80
    4.) Menasor Giftset (Motormaster, Dead End, Wildrider, Breakdown, & Dragstrip) - $80
    5.) Micromaster Giftset (an Autobot Patrol vs. a Decepticon Patrol (approx. 8 Micromasters)) - NA
    6.) Battlecharger Giftset (Runamuck & Runabout) - $30
    7.) Dinobots Giftset (Grimlock, Sludge, Snarl, Swoop, & Slag) - $170 (much like Predaking's MSRP)
    8.) Superion Giftset (Silverbolt, Sky Dive, Slingshot, Air Raid, & Fireflight) - $80
    9.) Computron Giftset (Scattershot, Strafe, Lightspeed, Nosecone, & Afterburner) - $80
    10.) Monstructor Giftset (Wildfly, Bristleback, Slog, Icepick, Birdbrain, & Scowl) - $80

9. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd pay 30-40 for the Battlechargers! 35 maybe for the throttlebots. probably couldn't afford the others.....but i would be willing to pay 85-100.

10. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

And probably more importantly, the market for reissues isn't big enough to warrant shelling out for what are essentially new moulds.

11. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm going to assume all these prices are total inclusive of shipping from Japan (really the only way UK fans get these unless we pay high prices from dealers here).

1.) Throttlebots Giftset (Rollbar, Searchlight, Chase, Freeway, Wideload, & Goldbug) - about £20

2.) Devastator Giftset (Scrapper, Hook, Long Haul, Mixmaster, Bonecrusher, & Scavenger) - about £40-50.

3.) Abominus Giftset (Hun-Grrr, Blot, Sinnertwin, Cutthroat, & Rippersnapper)
    4.) Menasor Giftset (Motormaster, Dead End, Wildrider, Breakdown, & Dragstrip) - £30-40

5.) Micromaster Giftset (an Autobot Patrol vs. a Decepticon Patrol (approx. 8 Micromasters)) - £10

6.) Battlecharger Giftset (Runamuck & Runabout) - I'd hope they wouldn't release them as they're so easy to find cheap on ebay, but say £5-10?

7.) Dinobots Giftset (Grimlock, Sludge, Snarl, Swoop, & Slag) - £50-60

8.) Superion Giftset (Silverbolt, Sky Dive, Slingshot, Air Raid, & Fireflight) - £40-50

9.) Computron Giftset (Scattershot, Strafe, Lightspeed, Nosecone, & Afterburner) - £40-50

10.) Monstructor Giftset (Wildfly, Bristleback, Slog, Icepick, Birdbrain, & Scowl) - £50

Only ones I'd really be interested in from this list are the combining teams though...

12. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

probably around $80-$100 for the combiner sets.

13. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I honestly wish they would just sell the darn things for what they are worth like Deluxe class and Voyage class.. To me G1 combiers reissues aint worth more then they sold for in the 80's .. If they would sell them for a decent price they would sell like hotcakes. $8 to 10$ a limb and 15$ for the main body maybe. Why they got to jack the cost up so high when they do a reissue? That craptastic over priced seacons reissue for example..
    Ok so i wouldnt pay more the 55$ for a reissue combiner gift set, throttlebots no thanks lol .

14. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

1.) Throttlebots Giftset (Rollbar, Searchlight, Chase, Freeway, Wideload, & Goldbug) $0, Not interested
    2.) Devastator Giftset (Scrapper, Hook, Long Haul, Mixmaster, Bonecrusher, & Scavenger) $60 - $75
    3.) Abominus Giftset (Hun-Grrr, Blot, Sinnertwin, Cutthroat, & Rippersnapper) $60 - $75
    4.) Menasor Giftset (Motormaster, Dead End, Wildrider, Breakdown, & Dragstrip) $60 - $75
    5.) Micromaster Giftset (an Autobot Patrol vs. a Decepticon Patrol (approx. 8 Micromasters)) $0, Not interested
    6.) Battlecharger Giftset (Runamuck & Runabout) $0, Not interested
    7.) Dinobots Giftset (Grimlock, Sludge, Snarl, Swoop, & Slag) $175
    8.) Superion Giftset (Silverbolt, Sky Dive, Slingshot, Air Raid, & Fireflight) $60 - $75
    9.) Computron Giftset (Scattershot, Strafe, Lightspeed, Nosecone, & Afterburner) $60 - $75
    10.) Monstructor Giftset (Wildfly, Bristleback, Slog, Icepick, Birdbrain, & Scowl) $0, Not interested

15. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I would take anything really especially combiners which would be win in my book.

16. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The only one I'd definitely buy would be the Dinobot giftset, and I'd be prepared to spend $200 (may be more).

I wouldn't touch the Throttlebot, Micromaster, Battlecharger and Constructicon giftsets.

I'd maybe buy one of the other combiners as a giftset for $100.

17. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i'd probably be interested in devastator, menasor, superion and although its not mentioned, bruticus ....i'd pay 100 dollars for any of these 4

18. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

I still have to believe that the Dinobots would be successful. I find it hard to believe they couldn't make money off of them. Especially with a US release by Hasbro of the Dinobots. But oh well the search continues for original G1.

19. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Any combiner giftset about $100.00.

20. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would like to think the Devastator Giftset will happen, if he is in fact in the movie. Takara gave us all the reissue of characters in the first film I don't see why they wouldn't do a Devastator giftset, and I would pay 100.