How much will Megan's absense affect the box office success?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Autobot_Wall-E, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

How much to you think the success of this movie is going to be affected by Megan Fox being cut from the movie? On the YouTube videos of filming the movie the highest rated comments usually include something saying "No Megan, no watch" and has a bunch of thumbs up. I also remember a few kids in my Spanish class the year before ROTF came out making fun of me for looking up movie news and said the only reason to watch is to see Megan.

With the mess ROTF has caused, I don't know how many people are dedicated to the story enough to come back as it is so do you think the movie will even make it's budget in box office earnings even after Mrs. Plastic is fired?

2. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Who's Megan Fox? LOL! Just kidding I know who she is. Personally, I don't care. I never thought she was all that and for me, the movies were all about the Transformers. Lets just say I'm glad she won't be in TF3.

3. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i dont care im still seeing the film no matter what

still 2 of my cousin are nto seeign the movie becuase megan left

my cousin cesar: is not seeign ti cuz megan is not there, but we have a deal if i think teh movei is good then eh will see it

my cousin jessica: i nteh oterh way si nto the seeign at any wya, Becuase she wanted sma and mikeala to remain has a couple and she wnated to 2 to get married, and she dosent accept the fact that meagn left and that sam new girlfreind is carly, so far no lock to convice her to see it (she lives at usa so i cant convice her right now lol)

4. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

It can't be worse for not having her in...so :thumbs2: 

5. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

If people don't go to see TF3, it will be because they hated TF2 so much,not because she's not in the movie.Also,if you went to the first two movies just because she was in them,then you're really not much of a Transformer fan to start with.

6. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    This will definetly and quite possibliy hurt the box office for 3. Not to mention the millions of parents who will not make the same mistake as with ROTF, with all the crude vulgar sex humor, and not take their kids.

I'm gonna post my honest opinion on Megan Fox: the negatives outweigh the positives. She was hot and curvy in TF1 and ROTF, and did some nice acting with ROTF. However, she is a plastic surgery freak now, and stick thin, and the good acting scenes were only less than 10% of her screentime.'

I know the Megan Fox worshippers here and at Don Murphy would tear me apart for not liking her. But get over it.

7. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

i dont think megan fox not being in TF3 will affect the box office. people say "i only watch TF for megan fox" or "megan fox is the only reason TF is doing good" well thats bullshit because if you look at all of megan fox's other movies she was in, they did shit in the box office! people see TF for the transformers, not megan fox.

8. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

See that sentence in boldface, that's what has the potential of hurting TF3. And unless the teasers and trailers hint at a good story and thoughtfully-used effects, it will hurt TF3 though it's impossible to say how much at this point. Fox not being part of the movie is forgotten already. Some will be reminded of it when the movie premiers, but if WOM is good then no one will remember the dark haired beauty with the piggish attitude.

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

There are so may things that could hurt the box office for Transformers 3 that there will never be any sort of way to know for sure how much just one thing might have hit it.

My personal guess is that it will not be that huge because they are able to promote the film without her. Given that news hit so long before the movie is in theaters I'm sure lots of the average people who buy tickets will have forgotten she not in the movie.

10. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    None. No one cares about Megan Fox.

11. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Now here's my question. If TF3 bombs out, will there still be toy's? Will the toys sell as well as the first two movie toys sold?
    Will TF3 just have repaints of TF1 and 2?

12. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

I'm fairly certain there'll be toys, probably consisting of new molds with the occasional repaint from the previous film a la the ROTF line...whether or not they'll sell as well as the first two movie lines, though, too early to say. If the third movie turns out to be a dud, they could be warming the shelves a while (unless Hasbro tries to pull a new-packaging bit at that point and rechristen and possibly repaint the line to tie into TF: Prime somehow, so as to try to kill two birds with one stone).

13. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I don't think it's gonna bomb, though.

The toys are being made right now in Hasbro and Takara's factories. It's pretty safe to say the toys won't bomb. Moms and Dads will be buying Bumblebee's for their kids as much as usual.

14. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol, Megan Fox is not the box office draw for Transformers. Plenty of actresses have gone awol after a movie and usually the director replaces them without any problems.

BESIDES... if my 7 year old nephew can find some interesting photos of Megan Fox online, why pay the price of admission to a movie?

15. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    The simple answer is it's not quantifiable.

It might affect it in a negative way, it might affect it in a positive way. We'll never know. If the film bombs, it could be blamed on a lot of things, like the absence of Megan, negative feeling from ROTF, piracy, competition from another movie, etc. If it's a huge success, everyone involved will try to take some of the credit.

16. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the only thing that will be abscent is the hard-ons from grown men that go to watch it because of her

17. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Eh, I don't think it will be much of a problem. I think there is that sizable portion of people that like Transformers, and mindless action, and violence.
    If they want Megan Fox, they're watching for the wrong reason, in my opinion.

18. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Isn't this..ohhhh I don't know, the 5th (50th) thread for this topic?? Maybe I exaggerate, maybe not.. but it's done and over...might be time to let it go.. It's easy to do.. promise :D 

19. tomigaoka

tomigaoka Well-Known Member

I think for us collectors, it will be easy to accept it but for others who love megan fox and still dont know that she has been replaced, somehow theres an impact for her loss which will affect if not the income, then definitely the rating of this movie.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

There doesn't seem to really be any correlation between box office and how well the toys do. A film like Avatar can make several boats loads of money but that doesn't make the toys fly off the shelf.

I think the toys will depend more on the quality from Hasbro than the quality from the movie production team. As long as the toys look cool and they are fun for kids then they will sell no matter what the box office does.

Although I do sort of wonder how many more times Hasbro can keep going back to figures like movie Bumblebee before they reach the saturation point.