How much should I be pay for a GaoGaiGar toy?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Sashiel, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Sashiel

Sashiel AutoCon Lurker

hi guys, I always wanted a GGG toy, but i always see different prices be it new or loose. are there any sites that have them for cheap? I have checked e-bay also, but the seller is always from like asia or something. I was mainly looking for like a combiner GGG(lion and gao machines). The "MPs" of these guy are super awesome, but to expensive for me. How about the original one? Anyone know of anyone here in the US trying to get rid of a GGG?

2. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
  3. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    ^ Keep in mind that the Super Robot Chogokin GaoGaiGar mentioned above is not a combiner and will be pretty small.

If you trawl around for first generation CM's corp (the "Masterpiece" ones you refer to) GaoGaiGar figures, you can actually get them for fairly cheap. I got mine for $50, loose, and if you look carefully you should ideally be able to find a first generation CM's GGG for anywhere in the $50-$100 range easily.

4. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

If you can lurk on ebay you might find a good deal on either a DX Takara GGG (the big blocky one with little articulation but is a combiner and can combine with DX Goldymarg) or a CM's Gaofighgar (not exactly Gaogaigar, has weak knees and is usually outside the US but it is the cheapest of the "MP" ones).

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

That DX Takara one (or the Korean version) look niiice on the shelf.
    It's pretty big.

6. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    I have the classic DX one for sale, with Goldy Marg

7. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got my DX Gaogaigar from BBTS for around $50 I think a couple of years ago. It's the Korean version, and those are cheaper than trying to find an original or reissue Takara GGG. I would think you can find GGG for around the price I paid, maybe less loose.

Also, make sure to get Goldymarg!

EDIT: Just noticed your comment about ebay sellers located in Asia. If you keep your eyes peeled, you can find a US seller getting rid of their stuff for cheap. I saw a Goldy end for around $10 not long ago.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  8. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    Man, when I was looking for Goldymarg I was never able to find it for below $65 :( 

9. Sashiel

Sashiel AutoCon Lurker

the dx one is the want i always see, but it's always in asia. if anyone knows of a cheap one, i would appreciate it. oh...and thanks for posting and your time dudes!

10. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have both the CMS one and the Takara version and I frankly prefer the latter. It may look blocky but it looks robotic enough for me. Another plus point - its more durable than the CMS version - which is a disappointment for me.

11. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Don't mean to bump the thread but for the TC here's an auction link for....GoldyMarg! Its the Korean version though but the quality I've been told is as good as the Japanese version:

Yuusha Transformers Brave Gaogaigar DX GOLDYMARG NEW | eBay

The price is reasonable too.

Below is the link for a Korean GGG also:

Takara King of Braves G-01 DX GaoGaiGar Action Figure | eBay

I have both the Japanese and Korean versions for GGG and the quality looks and feel the same for both. Both the Goldy and GGG are compatible with each other.

12. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I've used that seller before (the one that has Goldymarg). Nice arrival time and he basically puts the box inisde a cardboard box of the same size so the product is safe and you don't have to receive a gigantic box. But he seems to ship only on wednesdays and he doesn't do combine shipping.

13. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    So if I'm asking for $130 shipped for my GGG with Goldymarg loose is too high?

14. Sashiel

Sashiel AutoCon Lurker

Thanks a bunch. I suppose that getting it from Asia is the only option. I will keep an eye out for that seller. crossing my fingers for someone to put theirs up for sale or trade around here, but i doubt it. Much obliged peeps. :) 

15. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd just keep watching Ebay and the Junkion Exchange, you might see a better priced individual DX or set with Goldymarg. I was lucky and got the set from Ebay for like $60 + shipping or something like that last year.

16. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Hard to say dude but I think it can be cheaper? But based on the auction prices, it seems reasonable especially if its the Japanese version and unopened.

I'm confused...you mean you had the Takara GGG previously?

17. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    I see, the $130 price was what I had paid for it, during that time there was no Goldy Marg around at all, so I was almost getting ready to sell GGG and one popped up on eBay and i jumped on it with little regard for the price. FML :lol 

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Just popping in to say I was in the exact same boat as you not long ago, just getting started with GGG. Yeah, pretty much your only option for a lot of 'em is the get one from overseas, but it's worth it. And it helps that they're usually cheaper from overseas so it helps even out with shipping costs. And I can vouch for quality of the Sonokong reissuses. I have both Takara examples (Choryujin) and Korean examples (Goldy, GGG, Mic and Gekiryujin) and the quality is so similar I don't think there's actually a difference.

19. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, I got the DX GaoGaiGar and Goldymarg set. I know I was lucky to get them at that price, I'm just saying keep on the lookout and another good deal might pop up eventually.

20. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is mine