How much should a Aerialbot w/FP add-on set go for?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Chaddicus, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Chaddicus

Chaddicus Don't call me Shirley

So after staring at Superion next to my FP Bruticus, I feel I no longer want the Aerialbots, they just seem lack luster. So how much is a good price to sell this thing for. Just for the specs, it's the ROTF Aerialbots with the first run of the crossfire set, and I have the box for the crossfire w/instructions.

2. marshall dusty

marshall dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think they debuted at about 65 or 69. then the snow version came out for some more money. then the supply ran out and the prices went to 80 then i think 100. if i recall correctly

if you want to sell the aerialbot set from FP let me know i'll be interested. let me know of a price you're looking at....

3. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

Yea Same here, I would I like to buy it if the price is right.

4. ShadowMagnus

ShadowMagnus Autobot

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Ditto I am interested as well!

5. ultramagnus69

ultramagnus69 GTL

The upgrade set alone is going for 150 on bbts and tf source. You can tack on 40-45 for supes

6. Sanny632

Sanny632 D-Bagacon

Ebay:
    i bought both sets open mint with the box for FP for 120

7. CETERUS PRIME

CETERUS PRIME Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that these FP Aerial Appendage sets were only $50 when they first came out. I missed out on an offer to get one for $75 CDN last month, however, I didn't have ROTF Superion at the time. I'd be interested in your FP set, but I'm not paying scalper prices for it !

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  8. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    An item that is no longer available commands market price. Scalping has nothing to do with it.

9. CETERUS PRIME

Well I can see paying double it's value, but paying 4 times the value of an item that doesn't even include actual figures commands that you go get your head checked !

10. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While that may be true, market prices are exactly that. We don't have to like them, but you can always decide not to pay them.

11. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Collecting TFs can be a very expensive thing.
    Learn how market forces effect items.

4 times the retail value of a figure and you are whining?

Look up the fp cliffjumper set, the fp shadow commander set, fortress maximus, etc.

Prices go up as demand goes up. I know it is a difficult concept to grasp if you are the one wanting a figure for it's retail price, but it is a hard fact of collecting. You miss the boat, expect to pay for it.

Calling someone a scalper because they are asking fair market value for a rare and out of stock item is a little ignorant.

12. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i would say around 150 + 45 or so for superion, seems to be what they are going for now. glad i got one when they came out.

by the way, this price has nothing to do with scalpers...it has to do with it's fansproject, and it's out of stock

13. CETERUS PRIME

First off, I never called anyone a scalper, I simply stated that I'm not paying scalper prices for it, and I never directed that towards anyone either. And secondly, the author of this thread hasn't even replied with what he/she wants for it. Now if you're implying that I called the author of this thread a scalper, that IS ignorant.

Myself, I mainly try to do business with fellow Canadians and other members on Cybertron.ca for this exact reason. It seems they are a tight knit group who tries hard to look out for each other when hard to get figures are in high demand, therefore, we try to keep prices close to retail plus shipping and other fees incurred while obtaining the figure/item. This might also be difficult to grasp for some, just like saying market value is what it is, but obviously many people still just do it to help out fellow collectors, and I've experienced it first hand many times as well. To each their own.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  14. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    I wanna know who the heck decided $100+ was the new "market price" for an add on kit and then kick their cat! Lol.

Silly people and their "ill pay anything" mentality :p 

[Of course, I just so happen to need a superion kit and won't pay out the butt for one so.. don't mind me lol ]

15. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    I sold mine (Superion + FP Add-on) for $90 + shipping on the boards about 4 months ago. I know I could've gotten more from ebay, but I prefer to help out my fellow board members above all else. So I sold it for what I paid for it. If you just want it gone, and money isn't any issue you can sell for around what you paid for it. But if making a load of money is what you want to do, I say go to ebay........

16. Chaddicus

Chaddicus Don't call me Shirley

Not really looking to make a huge profit, more for trade purposes on getting something close to their market value that I missed out on, which I'm not sure what that should be yet. Thinking of trying to get a MP Megs for a trade but I don't know after all the bad reviews I've watched.

17. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  18. CETERUS PRIME

Yeah, that's just plain nuts if you ask me ! :crazy:  I realize there is always someone out there willing to pay more, but I'm patient and I'll wait for the right price to come along. IMO, $100 for the add on kit (as long as it's 100% complete) would be reasonable, but anything more than that is asking too much. Oh and btw, these didn't retail for $50 when they first came out, it was $44.99 :rolleyes: 

19. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I sold mine for $125 shipped, snowman and superion together, and i'm kickin myself for it, but at least another collector got a decent deal.

20. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well getting a loose set will be far less. the damn big box is also not helping with the shipping cost either. ive seen opened ones go for half the price on ebay.