How much is too much?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Coolyfett, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Coolyfett

Coolyfett Well-Known Member

13 movies??? 7 movies??

Please Michael Bay stop at 3 films and then walk away.

Do people really want to see 13 Transformer movies from Michael Bay??

With the way our Transformer Nation is divided, I think if he does many more movies, many of the supporters will cross over to the dark side.....hmmm maybe that is a good thing?

Fans how much is too much, and when is enough ENOUGH?

3 movies is good for me...maybe four if TF3 is done properly and not bad like the first 2 movies.

2. girafeswordsman

girafeswordsman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another thread by Coolyfett, this time based on a fellow board members post= Too much.

Come on dude, really no need for this thread. Bring this up in the thread where Deadend said this.

3. Coolyfett

Well actually it is its own thread, it was a quality post, and gave me the idea. Im curious to know how many people actually want or when Hasbro should take a chill pill. I don't want Transformers to be over done.

How do you feel about it. Would you like to see more than 3 Tf movies?

4. girafeswordsman

News Credits:
    You know what, you were nice about that. I'll bite.

Though I loved ROtF, 3 is enough. Any more and it feels like they're are stretching it. After three of them I hope we get a break (for more than a few years), and then eventually either a fresh look at the continuity (at this point a new creative would be nice), or maybe even a reboot.

5. Coolyfett

No doubt champion. I agree, just do the trilogy, box set it and I'm good to go. Hey maybe then can add the 86 film in the box set as a bonus.

It cost too much to animate these things, when the price drops then letter on they can reboot it for the next gen. Peace and Love

6. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

A three part box set would indeed reflect Sideswipe's awesomeness! Good thinking sir!

7. girafeswordsman

News Credits:
    Yep, you're getting friended. You too understand the awesome of the Sideswipe.

8. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love this guy :D 

9. Coolyfett

I have to ask...are you disappointed in Sideswipes appearance in the movie? man I really wanted to see more of him!! I don't mean to hi jack my own thread but you seem to be a fan. I want more Sideswipe!

10. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

Well, he can do a Bay-Trilogy for all I care, but after that, lets have another, fresher mind for the franchise.
    If the budget falls a tad without Bay, good, then they'll be forced to use their CG/animatronic resources more effectively than peeing or 3 stooges stunts and use a real narrative, written by someone more skilled like Alvin Sargeant or Roger Avary.
    Sam Raimi can make as many 'Spider-man' outings as he wants, Chris Nolan can 'Batman' til he drops & Pete Jackson can 'LOTR' all he likes, but Bay needs to be told when to stop and thats 3.

11. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

Sideswipe doesn't need much screen time to fill us with His awesomeness. That being said, I would have liked to have seen more Him.

12. Coolyfett

So 3 is everyones magic number?

13. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Why do you hate Michael Bay ?

He is very good at directing TF movies..

14. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Well let's see.

1. Arrival on earth
    2. Prime's history and the matrix, fall of the fallen.

3. (potentially) Rise of the dinobots, gestalt tech indepth, triple changers, galvatron maybe from the fallen's body etc. Companies stealing tf tech, nest falling apart from autobots losing trust, the war quieting down so the politicians prepping to tell the autobots to leave. More sam changes. Mikaela and wheelie expanding her bike, maybe triplets in her shop too. Maybe Sam's Graduation from college.

4. Who created the allspark and why. New energon reserves? Solve the problem of how to keep this race alive. Continuing changes of sam. Mikaela searching for answers? Matrix interactions by sam explored possibly? Is he recognized as a prime? What does this do with his allspark bits still left? Maybe sam's wedding day for added effect for a depressing ending.

5. Well I can't do all the work for the writers now can I? But City Bots would seem like hereabouts, maybe even a slow incoming battleship from cybertron with actual characterized decepticons as people since megalvatron would have run out of protoslaves you'd think for sure. Sam's evolution, or if they've brought perceptor and wheeljack in to study him too, maybe they can help etc.

6. This would potentially wrap up any remaining story bits, or more that I don't want to start suggesting yet. Though with everything else laid out, this could easily spill over into 7. Still have the protoborn slaves to free too.

As bay starts getting comfortable with working with the bots too, hopefully by 3 we'll start seeing blooper reels and outtakes. Just we should start seeing the bots themselves open up now (they've used up the stall tactics, and already given us perspective by focusing on the twins in ROTF, so now they can use the twins as the window into the rest, the pieces are all there). So long as they do that to each of the next ones, let the movies keep on coming, cause then they'll be treated as actual characters and people as opposed to artillery. With a break, we could lose that stride. Not to mention how long each will take to make even with breaks, they could cover all the plotholes pretty thoroughly too.

I'd settle for 6, so long as they increasingly expose and personify autobots and decepticons alike as they open more story doors to continue on. The fewer movies it has, the less that can be explored that can truly define this world before someone pulls a lucas prequels on it. I'd rather have 6 perfectly coherent cohesive chapters that increase the depth and story as opposed to a 10 year hiatus, and half assed attempt to fix what isn't broken. These movies could be a nice boxset no matter the size, and it'd be nice to actually have this war on earth done in such a manner instead of just squeezing it all into just one more movie. There's just too many bots to personify and show interacting in our world to do that yet. And all the excuses to not are quickly falling away as they get used up early on. Heck now they may start poking fun at it. Like in their own base a bot transforming everytime someone unauthed turns his back, or even in mikaela's shop with the triplets. xD Have some fun like frenzy on the plane. So yeah, let the movies keep rolling on out. Explore this universe and it's growing 'what if this was going on in our world' methodology. Why should any true epic end in such few chapters when it's just starting to really take form and define itself as to what it is.

So yeah, more movies are needed, much more, at least 2-3 more. This part of the franchise needs to keep growing since we kill anything else that comes out that's good anyway.

Honestly if we force all this to wrap up even in TF3, that's just too much for one movie. And it'll be even more insane and less characterized or focused than the previous if that was already your complaints.

Nolan on the other hand should have stopped at 1 batman movie, but alas we all differ in opinions on that based on our own perspective.

15. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    how many threads by you is enough!!! 1 was too many :( 

16. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

And thats what it all boils down to ladies and gentlemen. Still, no matter how many times its said, people still insist their opinion is 'right'. :crazy: 

17. Coolyfett

Participation is encouraged mate. Share your thoughts. Peace and Love.

18. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

I'll take as many movies they can churn out. It's a fun way to spend a few hours with a few friends.

19. JDF

JDF Well-Known Member

No, why would I want to see more Transformers movies? I hate Transformers. That's why we all post here. We can't stand the stupid things...

Errrmmm........

20. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You sir, win this thread.