How much is a MISB Armada Supercon Optimus Prime worth

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cheetatron, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

I've got a possible buyer lined but it can't be found on ebay so I can't figure out what a reasonable price is.

2. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Given the toy's hefty use over the years, I'd say $25-30 to be a fair price (also depends, which variant you have, there were 3 variants of the toy that I'm aware)

But in an of itself, Optimus Prime, supercon, was a pretty prominant shelfwarmer in the mid-run of Armada, and was pretty much shipped non-stop between spring 2002 and the end of the line.

3. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Thx for the response, what do you mean by hefty use?

4. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

He probably means use of that mold. The entire Supercon Prime was repainted several times. Heck, the smaller Deluxe (Cab) Prime was repainted a lot as well. I think $25-35 is a fair price for a loose, but complete Supercon (regular colors) Optimus Prime.

5. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

^thankyou in this case the supercon prime has never been removed from packaging and I thought supercon was the name of the deluxe size during armada as that's the one I'm referring to.

Attached Files:

6. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    You're correct. The size classes for Armada went Mini-Con, Super-Con, Max-Con, Giga-Con, Super, and Roleplay. Super-Con, in this case, being what we know as deluxe.

I'd agree with earlier assessments in the $25-35 range. After its first release, that mold saw use as Armada Nemesis Prime, Universe (Battle in a Box) Ultra Magnus, Micron Legend Crystal Convoy and Scourge and was used again as a slightly recolored Optimus Prime in Cybertron. It saw a lot of use in a short amount of time and folks kinda grew tired of it.

7. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

I was initially thinking of the Super Base version of Optimus Prime. My apologies. I don't think of your Prime as Supercon size. That's just Deluxe class to me.

As for price, I think $25-35 might be pushing it for that version of Prime (even MOSC). I did notice an eBay auction that went for $29, but I saw another that finished at $4. I'd say the regular colors version, MOSC, should be priced around $10-15.

On a related note, I'm still kicking myself for opening (and then selling off) my Nemesis Prime Deluxe figure. I had no idea he was going for around $40+ now.

8. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Thanks for all the replies guys.