How much is a Backwards PS2 Compatible Ps3 Worth?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by soundwaveCA, Feb 7, 2010.

1. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I have an older 80GB Ps3 that is backwards compatible for Ps2 games and wondering if there's a decent market for these as I'm looking at selling mine off.

Any impute would be appreciated, just wondering what's a fair price to list it at when I do put it up for sale.

2. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Well since no one else seems to want to answer I will give it a shot. Awhile back these units were going for I think over $400 ($475 I think) at Gamestop but don't quote me on that as I wasn't in the market for one. I checked Gamestop's site and I didn't see one that was backwards compatible. E-bay shows them going for between $250 and $350. Maybe someone else with more knowledge on the subject will reply soon.

Honestly with the system starting at $300 and a new PS2 going for $100 I wouldn't expect to make too much off of it if I were you. I guess it probably appeals more to those looking to save space at this point.

Anyway good luck on selling it. I hope you get what you want out of it.

3. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Put it up opn eBay. You'll score massive moolah.

4. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I was pricing these out the past couple of weeks before nabbing a 120GB slim when WalMart finally hit 20% Bing cash back (so $240 + tax) last week. People on craigslist had them priced between $250-$350 as DeathX360 noted.

One deal-breaker on a lot of them for me was the lack of an original receipt. I preferred to get one that was less than one year old so that it would still be covered by Sony's warranty. I also wanted the receipt to help ensure that it wasn't stolen. In short, as a buyer I was willing to pay more for an item that I knew more about.