How much have our collections grown since joining TFW?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TrueNomadSkies, May 24, 2012.

1. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I've gained about 20%-40% of my original collection.

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seemed like an appropriate emoticon, given the context of my post. Unless you think the thought bubble looks like a penis or something, in which case I dunno what to say except that its still appropriate given again, the context of what this thread is about.

3. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hmmm, I probably have 450 or so more TFs than when I first joined here. Though I think the forums did not affect me in the ways of what to buy, except for Alt Shockblast (Alts were huge back then and I wanted to find out why).

What TFW taught me is that you can keep the packaging. I never thought of it until joining here (I even chucked TFC boxes) :redface2: 

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Joining TFW and participating in the discussions on the toy forum made me buy nearly all the TFA Decepticons and a whole bunch of other stuff. It's expanded my collection by a great deal.

5. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

2 figures for a better price than on ebay. This place (and any other collector forum) is great!

6. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I joined this site pretty much as soon as I started collecting... like, maybe a month gap. So, every toy I own falls into that period. My collection's not anything big, but I like it.

7. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was retired with a couple G1's and BW figures. I found TFW in 2009 and its been an up and down ride.

I had a TON of figures at one point... so much that I finally said, "Yikes, I have WAY TOO MANY"

Now, I'm going back to G1 and a few BW's. It's all I need! :) 

8. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I used to be really good about not throwing anything away when I was little (mostly couse my dad figured it'd be a good idea to keep boxes), but then when I moved with my family a few years ago, my parents decided to throw away all of my boxes except a couple of star wars ones that I was using, and I never knew. The worst part is that I think some of those boxes still had pieces that I never played with on account of not wanting to lose em, and that they ended up getting tossed out with the cardboard.

9. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Before I joined TFW in 2010, I had a WfC Optimus Prime and Bumblebee. And was pretty happy with them. But it nagged at me that I needed a Starscream. So I joined the forums, asked some noob questions, got some good advice...got me a Universe 2.0 Starscream. And my collection began to expand exponentially :D 

10. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    Not sure. Got my first TF (BW TMII Scarem) in 1999, bought some more toys over the next few years but I didn't begin an actual TF collection until 2002 (Armada, beginning with Demolishor w/ Blackout). This site hasn't really impacting my collection any more than it already was, but it definitely plays a large role for when I buy G1 figures and other older toys.

11. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    immensely

12. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    Threefold.

13. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Mine grew when I first joined... Then it shrunk immensely (down to mostly Classics/Generations).

14. Zigholtul

Zigholtul I am the Waffle Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well let's see what has happened throughout the years of joining this site:

- My collection grew immensely from some old Beast Wars and Movie 1 figures to where I'm still building shelves for all the additional stuff. Lots and lots of movieverse, classics, animated, pcc, and a lot more in that mess. In fact I've started dabbling into other toylines such as Star Wars and even got back into Power Rangers.
    - Have setup this site as my start up page and always has tabs open for the Cool Stuff thread and a certain other one of the equine equation.
    - Actually started customizing my own figures and have got much better with the painting.
    - Investing into some third party figures (Insecticons) and yes they are amazing.

There's more that can be said but right now I cannot remember what they were.

15. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    my collection has dwindled, i went from over 4,000 TF's to about 200

16. Zendai

Zendai Minicon Addict

Too many and TFW can have all the blame!

17. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    I had a whopping 3 before I joined. Now I have over 100... So, yeah.

18. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Once in awhile there would that certain member who would point out certain aspects I missed on a toy. Take FP Defender for example. I think it was TJ who pointed out certain aspects I dismissed but now see it in a different light. I've wanted the toy ever since but just can't pull the trigger on it.

On a different note, I called up SMOG once to get a quick opinion on FE Vehicon and classics frenzy and rumble. I couldn't for the life of me leave the store without at least having one of them in hand. After some talk, Montrealer pragmatism kicked with his help. I got out of there without buying anything and decided to just go to a local Thai place and get take out.

The board itself doesn't really greatly influence my purchases but there are times where I think it does. Cool stuff is one way. The import scene here basically destroys my wallet.

The sightings thread help fuel my plastic crack addiction. I will be eternally in their debt. the local sightings and rebate offers that posted there helps a lot. There's also the buy and sell threads. I would say that a lot of my collection came from other collectors as well.

I joined this site before the TF bug bit me. I joined the site mainly for all the cool custom alternator customs and custom transformers in general. I never really cared for others opinions on toys or movie or even the entire lore behind all the toys.

I think I already had 20-30 at the time I joined and now I have around 300. I'm still quite picky on my purchases. Not as much as I used to be. I use to keep my classics collection in a TRU bag thinking that this line wouldn't grace my display at all. All the info here saved them. reading about the next releases keeps me informed of what goes in and out of my collection.

19. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    Considering I've rarely bought TFs (Hell, I've only actually bought 2 this year so far), not much...

20. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Lessee from the initial TF : Takara book collection of 5 to a grand total of 20+ Vintages, Prime , CHUG and other exclusives.. so that would be about 300 plus! :D