How much does Frank Welker charge for Autographs, photos? and what made him finally start to do Cons

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by SentaiTFMechaLover, Sep 6, 2017.

1. SentaiTFMechaLover

SentaiTFMechaLover Well-Known Member

I would have put a question mark at the end but couldn't fit it. I know that Frank Welker is still new to attending conventions, BotCon 2015, held in Chicago at the time, was his first ever Convention appearance I believe, before that I had never heard of him attending a Convention before or fan gathering event. He's been a priority for me to meet for several years now ever since I first started attending Conventions. I've already met Peter Cullen, I got his autograph and photo with him back at BotCon 2011, but for many years, I heard that Frank Welker was very private, a very private person. I remember even Gregg Berger(voice of Grimlock), when I met him at a Convention, told me a couple of years ago, before 2015, that it was more than unlikely that Frank Welker would make a convention appearance, told me he is very private as well.

What I've heard, is that Peter Cullen strongly talked him into finally attending Conventions. Anyway, I know the main thing that matters, the most important thing is that he is finally attending Cons, which is ecstatic, great, awesome, but overall it's just something I never expected and still kinda surprises me.

For those who have met Frank Welker before, how much did he charge for photos, autographs? and you think he will ever make a Convention appearance in California, the West Coast someday? because to my best knowledge, he hasn't done a Convention appearance in California or western U.S. yet, closest to Western U.S. Con he has done was Texas Comic-Con in San Antonio he did with Peter Cullen back in the Summer of 2015, it was after BotCon 2015. Anyway, I hope this thread is appropriate enough, moderates are welcome to delete it if not appropriate enough.

2. SentaiTFMechaLover

why no response yet? anyway, this I read this on a forum a couple of years ago before Frank Welker started attending conventions:

"Frank Welker does not do public conventions, he apparently has slight anxiety issues and doesn't handle crowds well. He's been offered a LOT of money to attend, with a matching donation to a charity of his choice, and he has still refused."

Does that sound accurate as to why Frank Welker avoided conventions for many years?

• Like Like x 1
  3. turbobluestreak

turbobluestreak Well-Known Member

I can't speak to Frank's reasons but I've seen him at Texas comicon, tfcon, and just this weekend at Hascon. Texas and tfcon was about 200 for an autograph. He didn't do a photo at TFCON or ,but did at Texas comicon. Best price for a Frank autograph would have been Hascon. A 1 day ticket and standing inline for multiple hrs to make sure you didn't get shutout and bam 1 auto of Frank and Peter for admission of $60.

tbs

4. SentaiTFMechaLover

makes sense, that's understandable, ya since Frank Welker has been and still is a huge priority for me to meet someday, I've kept track of the convention appearences he has made so far so I can hope to meet him at a local one someday, so far, his convention appearences have been to my best knowledge are: BotCon 2015 in Chicago, Texas Comic-Con in San Antonio Texas in late Summer 2015, Rhode Island Comic-Con 2015, TFCon in Toronto in Summer 2016 last year, and most recently, HasCon 2017 last weekend.

I barely went to my first out of state convention this year back in April, to South Texas Comic-Con, to meet another celebrity who I had long been wanting to meet and succeeded in finally getting to meet her, Amy Jo Johnson. She is also new to attending conventions, yes I grew up in the 90's so I grew up being a fan of the original MMPR, old-school Power Rangers. Since I grew up in the 90's, Beast Wars is what first got me into Transformers, but then when I started to do my TF research and found out about the original old-school G1 Transformers, found out about them and became more familiar with them near the end of elementary and beginning of middle school for me, and that's how I've become a Transformers fan as well.

For a while going to an out-of-state convention was out of the question for me, but since I finally went to my first out of state convention this year, it was also my first time flying solo, it has made me more interested in doing another. So even if Frank Welker does not do a local convention in California or the West Coast anytime soon, i'll more likely go to one if he does another more closer to California, such as Texas again or the mid-west, but ya it really disappoints me that he hasn't done a Con appearance in California yet, since the LA area is typically the HQ of the entertainment industry.

5. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Not today Galvatron!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    They were signing at 2pm and the vouchers started at 1pm, but people were standing in line at 10:30 already for Peter and Frank's autograph on Sunday. On Saturday my husband waited 3 hours as well.

6. turbobluestreak

I stood inline for 3hrs too, we were probably next to each other, what did your husband have signed? Also I invite your husband and everyone else to share their autographs on the autograph thread.

The official "Show Off Your Autograph Collection" thread

tbs

7. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    He stood on line to get ME the autograph :lol . Maybe he was on line with you! He's a fat guy, with long brown hair, beard and mustache. Did you see him?

8. gawddammit

gawddammit Rocketchoochoo

News Credits:
    I recall reading a passage from the book Bumblebee & Me: Life as a G1 Transformer that touches on this.

Pretty interesting book. Worth a read if you're into G1 Transformers behind-the-scenes.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. SentaiTFMechaLover

i'm guessing the line for Frank Welker was longer than Peter Cullen, just my guess because Frank is still new to attending Cons so means less fans have met him already, when I met Peter Cullen at BotCon 2011, the line was limited to only 140 people, I had to get to the line formation over an hour early, forgot my number but I know I was in the 90's range, that's all I remember.

10. turbobluestreak

I think he was a few people behind me lol. Please consider shareling your autographed item in the autograph thread I posted I my previous post. Im sure it will be a great addition to the growing thread.

tbs

11. SentaiTFMechaLover

So Peter Cullen had a longer line than Frank Welker? seriously? and where is the autograph thread? is it literally titled "autograph" section? because I can't find it

12. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The peter and frank line were the same line, they sat together. 20170910_140332.jpg

13. SentaiTFMechaLover

Damn, so jealous of those people in the line, well mainly for Frank Welker, I met Peter Cullen already back at BotCon 2011, hopefully Frank Welker does another convention either before the end of this year or does some more next year, and hopefully it's closer to California. The Optimus Prime I have signed by Peter Cullen.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. turbobluestreak

The official "Show Off Your Autograph Collection" thread

here is the link

tbs

15. SentaiTFMechaLover

ya ever since I went to my first out of state convention this past Spring, in April this year, previously going to an out of state convention was out of the question for me, but now i'm more interested in them, especially if i'm determined to meet a certain celebrity or more.

16. turbobluestreak

I know it's last minute but you should really come out to tfcon USA September 29- October 1st. Jack Angel, Neil Ross will be there. Sadly this might be the last time we get to meet these legends.

tbs

17. SentaiTFMechaLover

met both Jack Angel and Neil Ross already, would love to meet Jack Angel again, already have Astrotrain signed by him, this time would love to get an Autobot signed by him, since i'm on a budget, i'm trying to decide between either Omega Supreme or Ultra Magnus, and since he is almost 87, it's probably wise I make it a priority to meet him again soon.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  18. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm going to be there! Are you going TBS?

19. turbobluestreak

Yes I'll be there on Saturday!

tbs

20. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Cool, I'll be there Saturday too. See you there. I'm going to be dressed as Rodimus.