How much does Barricade's absence bother you?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shizuka, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    He hasn't been officially confirmed as dead has he? Plus why haven't we even gotten a drone of him? I would be happt to see a Barricade drone run past in DOTM.

We've gotten a drone of every single fallen Decepticon but not one of barricade so what the heck the this mean? It's just kinda annoying that they won't even address this issue ¬_¬

2. Sideswipe94

Sideswipe94 Autobot

News Credits:
    It annoyed me at first. Now I don't care.

3. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    How much does it bother me? On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being "having annoyingly dry hands" and 10 being "a strange cat urinating on my shoes while I can't find my glasses in an unknown town", I'm at about a 1.3.

Resolution to his character in the films would be great, but I won't lose sleep over it.

4. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I'm glad he's not there. Leave it open for imagination. It's like his absence was made for fanfic.

5. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    I am kinda annoyed that they haven't put in a small scene where he finally gets killed.

They gave a send-off for Scorponok in ROTF, so I don't know why they can't do something like that for Barricade.

6. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    This, I'd like confirmation, but mostly, just some more Barricadey goodness, he had a LOT of potential (along with Brawl, my favorite :cry )

7. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Once again,they're GENERICS,not drones. But it would be cool

8. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    It doesn't.

It'd be cool if he came back as the leader of the Dreads or something. Their functions and alternate forms remind me a lot of him.

9. RoadBuster88

RoadBuster88 Studio Ghibli

Annoys me quite a tad. It just makes me feel like they couldn't be bothered to deal with their fate so that they could focus on shoving as many different robots as they could in our faces to sell more and more toys.

My favourite, but I don't expect to see him to be honest...

10. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    It annoyed be quite a bit when I didn't see him in ROTF. You have to admit that his presence in the freeway scene, in TF1, was kinda like wtf.

The con just took a different route never to bee seen again in the film, or films. At first I thought Barricade was excluded because Bay/Co. didn't couldn't portray the law enforcement in a negative way.
    But this all changed when I noticed what the alt-modes to the Dreads are.

I only ask for one last battle, that's it, he doesn't even need lines.

11. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

Never cared.

12. SoundWave2007

SoundWave2007 Well-Known Member

i wish bay wouldve explained his diappearance in the first film because they showed him heading to the final fight but then he never showed up so wtf? hopefully he is in dotm

13. Screamer55

Screamer55 Well-Known Member

It bothers me alot. All the other Cons were given enough screen time and an awesome death. Barricade, on the other hand, won't show even for something stupid(like drone re-usage).
    This is just like Buckbeak from the Harry Potter films. The Hippogriff may not have been very important but I was really forward to the scene where he beats the shit out of Snape in "The Half-blood Prince". I was so pissed and that movie sucked major balls.

I can see why Jolt is cut from DOTM but for Bay to completely dismiss Barricade's existence films is just very irriatating. The Cop became a fan-fav and he was also more of main character for TF1 than Starscream was! There are plenty of reasons why a fan should be pissed about the abscense of this great character!
    It should be noted that a Decepticon strikingly similar to Barricade has appeared in the DOTM Comic Adaptation. I don't think that is a spoiler since I can't confirm much on it...

14. Christiankid7

Christiankid7 Christianbot

Its a crime for the awesomeness known as Barricade to not reappear, but I don't think he will.
    We could Hold Out FOR TF4,
    like I said Bay likes him enough to leave him alive but not enough to put him back in
    A DOTM game appearance would be AWESOME

15. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i dont care. Rising Storm 4 shwos bee defeating and possibly killing barricade, (but im going to retcon it for my prequel and say he survived and Kill him in another way)

16. King of kings

King of kings Well-Known Member

It annoys me cause he was the only con in the first movie that I actualy liked cause he had such an awesome alt mode.

17. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's irritating.

18. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It bothers me, also I would like to have heard the real reason he just vanished from someone involved with production the whole situation is intriguing

19. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Doesn't bother me. He's my favorite movie Decepticon, so at least he doesn't get killed off in some lame way, and it leaves room for him to appear in future movie-verse media. Plus we keep getting toys of him, which is good.

20. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    A while back, there was a lot of speculation that RotF Sideways was supposed to be Barricade at one point. When you look at them comparatively, there are a lot of similarities.

Part of me wishes Sideways had been Barricade. It could have put an end to all the mystique, plus I wouldn't mind if he got cut in half by Sideswipe.