how much do your parents know about transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by jazz4ever, Mar 5, 2008.

1. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

my mom knows about G1 and has seen the movie my dad loves the movie but knows nothing of G1 he dosent even know who soundwave is.

2. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    When I go home to visit my parents, we don't tend to sit around the table and talk about TFs.

Maybe that's where I'm going wrong...

3. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Put this in the 'Transformers General Discussion'. Not the 'Non Transformers General Discussion'.

4. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    my parents know i liked it as a kid, and still do...and my mom went with me to see the movie in theaters...and wants me to bring it up to the house sometime to watch again....other then that, not much...

5. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Hahahaha! Sense 1984, whooooo!

My dad knew about it and hated the show. He especially hated when Megatron would do his laughter and he'd even turn the TV off on me numerous times.

He would buy me a Transformer toy if he saw one at garage sale if he got the chance. I think I had Skywarp once (purple and black F-15 right?). Well, I lost those toys a long time ago anyways.

My dad fricken loved the 2007 movie though!

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    just the other day I talked to my mom about the upcoming encore g1 omega supreme and she cut me off and was like STFU N00B BAYFORMERZ IS WHERE ITS AT!!! and then my dad walked in and was like ZOMG NO WAI BEAST WARZ 4EVAR!!! And then it got ugly.

7. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    My mom knows who Hot Rod is, and cheetor. And probably Prowl.

8. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

My mom would maybe know Optimus Prime, my little brother and I have always been fans, I'm sure she could get that one right, other then that she couldnt tell u much, although often times I'd bring a few of them over with me when I'd go to visit like Alt Jazz or Prowl.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    My Dad think i shopuld stop collecting. and my grandmother aswell.

10. SCOURGE33

SCOURGE33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My folks know a little bit on TF's My dad saw the movie with me and was impressed they both know I got a few toys (no huge collection here) they dont mind at all since my collecting is very under control

BTW my father saw the most recent pic of J classic Convoy in his own words " that is very nice reminded me of your old Optimus" it says it all

11. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Then? :p 

My dad could prooobably could have dredged up the names Optimus and Megatron before the movie. My mom..nothin'. By and large, they depended on accurate spelling and/or descriptions to buy anything on a b-day/x-mas list as a kid. Declaring 'SHOCKWAVE!' wasn't going to cut it...had to be more like 'big, purple gun named Shockwave' to cut down on aisle time. Failing that, they would just buy random ones, careful not to duplicate any they already bought, which they almost certainly did by sheer visual memory than by name/character.

I managed to get them both to sit down and watch the '07 movie on DVD, though. This is a monumental task with my mother, btw...dad is always down for shit blowing up. Both were pretty skeptical abut a live-action movie about, for all they cared, "those toys I played with 20 years ago." But they both liked it. Probably entrenched OP and Megs in their heads, and added Bumblebee to boot. The rest probably not so much, but generally speaking, they're both more aware of the TFs-as-franchise now than ever.

12. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

They know I collect them, and they know that there is a character named Optimus Prime.

13. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

My mom just saw the movie. My dad used to watch G1 when he was about my age-ish. I got into TFs after the movie, but he was like, "zomg that's Starscream!" and I'd be in awe that he knew the characters.

14. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    You have the coolest parents EVAH!! :D 

15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    My dad was the one who helped my apply the stickers on all my old G1 toys, and both my parents watched the cartoon with me growing up, so they could more than likely pick out the main characters in a picture.

I was super excited to get my BW DVDs two years ago and made my parents watch all three seasons along with BM with me :lol  They totally loved it, it was fun. They also saw the '01 movie with me within the first week it was released.

I try not to bore my mom with TF stuff a whole lot, but I'm always keeping my dad up to date on the latest stuff, new pictures of upcoming toys, the latest things I bought and all that. He enjoys it.

16. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Both my parents love the 2007 movie, and would know the TV show (G1 that is) if it came one, but thats about it.

17. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They could name Prime & Megatron, maybe Soundwave, Starscream, Bumblebee. That's about it.

18. IronCrow

IronCrow Well-Known Member

My mom remembers the old G1 cartoon show (she can actually sing part of the theme song) and can pick out a few of the more obvious characters such as Bumblebee and Prime. She also loved the Transformers movie (Watched it with me in the theatre, and has seen it again since then on DVD). Beyond that though, she just humours my collection, and needs detailed descriptions of any TFs I ask her to keep an eye out for me.

19. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

But not Dinobot? Clearly, your love is wanting.

My dad probably doesn't know anything. Maybe Optimus Prime would ring a bell or something. Mom couldn't keep track of any of the characters in the movie... I told her she should have watched it in the theater first! She recognizes certain names and designs, but I don't talk about, buy or flaunt TFs nearly enough for her to know them all.

20. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    My mom always gets mixed up with TFS and Voltron...lol