How Much Do You Spend on Collecting?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by faustx, May 14, 2011.

1. faustx

faustx ShelfLife Founder

News Credits:
    Hey all,

So here's the follow up question to the earlier "how much time are we spending" survey:

How much money do you spend per month on average in support of your collecting?

Hit me with the real goods people....don't tell my gfriend but I'm at about $1k/mth lately, maybe more with travel and research time treated as opportunit cost.

James

2. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

from cyb.ca

i saw more wreck-gars but i won't be buying more until it goes on sale again. i also leave my credit cards at home. i know myself well enough to leave it at home. i also smoke about 100$ worth of cigarettes a month. makes me think there should a be social group here to help us spend more on toys and quit smoking. lol

if its dry spells like right now. i tend to buy G1 stuff or maybe finish whatever customs i may have left to keep me occupied. i'm pretty addicted to these especially at rebate.

3. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

Now that I've started collecting more than Transformers (darn Gundams), it's easily $100-$150 a month.

4. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    I've saved my past couple of paychecks specifically for the DOTM toys. I'd say around $200....for now. Whatever it takes to perfect my movie collection, really.

5. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    More than I'd care to admit. Commissioned pieces have been my biggest killer over the last year or so, though third party and high end figures like the MP's certainly do their fair share of damage

6. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

Too much.

7. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Id say about $400 per month for about the last year. BBTS gets about $200 of that, and the rest goes to retail/Junkion Exchange/locals. Luckly I think with this movie line, I should be cutting my budget in half for a while since I am laying off the vintage stuff for a while. Though I do need to pick up MP Rodimus and the Predaking re-issue at some point.

8. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Meh, depends, some months like 100, some months none because there isn't squat to buy.

9. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    I put aside roughly £20 a week for toys, so £80-£100 a month, although that does tend to go in splurges rather than 1 or 2 toys a week, so it's not uncommon for me to do a big hit of £200 or so every couple of months. Looks bad on the bank statement, but not too bad really.

10. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really depends. Sometimes I won't spend a penny, and other months I'm trying to figure out how to buy it all. Luckily, at my point in collecting, I only end up spending money when a new wave of CHUG's come out, or when there's a new FansProject/Masterpiece/Soul of Chogokin set I like. Luckily, they don't come out all too often so I have some breathing room, but when they do come out, my wallet is walking funny after the fact.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Honestly, on average I spend $100 mabye $150 per year.

12. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I cant really say for sure given it depends on whats out that I really like. Sometimes I might get ten transformers in one month, other times it might one transformer in five months.

13. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Depends on if I can find what I want. If I do, I have the potential to spend up to 120$ a month. If I don't, then maybe 50$.

14. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Like most people, it varies.

Just BBTS alone I spent over $200 this month. There are months that I spend nothing.

15. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Some months less than 100 others over 200.

16. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    This. There are long periods of time where I don't buy anything. And then there are months where I go overboard. During the new movie I won't be buying much of anything except for third party stuff. I guess a real rough estimate would be about... $150

17. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    A good chunk of my money.

18. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Transformers? Maybe $10 a month. Other toys? 500% of that.

19. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

Well...... I spent over $300 on united figures this past week, but then again I had sold some stuff last week. I'd say I spend way too much on toys, lets put it that way, especially since I also have a video game addiction.

20. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well for the longest time, I wasted most of my money on Yugioh, and I honestly don't even wanna say how much that was. Like, it didn't really matter because it was stretched across 10 years, the last few of which I've had a decent income, but it was still too much. Could've been worse though, as I could've been putting this money toward drugs & hookers or something.

However when it comes to my recent Transformers revival, I've spent roughly 170 dollars in the last couple of months on the stuff that caught me eye (Hubcap, Crankstart, Thrust, Mixmaster, Bombshock, Dark Skyfire & this chrome'gold Bumblebee), and I'm always on the lookout for stuff that appeals to me. It's not gonna be a uniform number because I don't really care to buy "everything" that comes out (nor can I come close to affording it), but I'm not "only" set on getting a certain figure either, so it's not a case of waiting until the DOTM Shockwave hits my city & then I'll be done.

Erratic moderation, I say. :)