How much do some Victory G1's cost?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dark_Rage, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Dark_Rage

Dark_Rage Jaded Member

Hey, I'm thinking about getting some of the G1 Victory Transformers, but I don't know how much they usually go for, especially for the decepticons. Especially with prices so inflated on ebay, I have no idea where to find out how much they're really worth.

I'm wondering how much these would cost (Both loose and maybe complete with Brestmaster)
    Deathsaurus
    Liokaiser (not including that questionable lot of 6 on ebay, heh)
    Dinoking

Thanks.

2. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

A lot?

Expect to pay about $500 for Deszaras, and quite possibly a lot more for the gestalts.

And you'll definitely want the Breast accessories, otherwise you'll be left with a pile of glorified bricks. And when you do that, better get them boxed, I've never seen a complete and loose member of the Breastforce...

3. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Ive seen tons of loose complete liokaisers man, I wouldnt pay $500 for a deathsaraus 250ish yes 300 tops. If you wanna get into japanese figures your gonna spend alot of cash but they have some of the best figures, check out road cesar, road fire, galaxy shuttle and grandus. G1 Jap figures rule :D 

Not mib but complete

http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e75141358

4. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

And pretty battered too. The wings of the lionbreast are supposed to be chromed.

5. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    yea very battered, sorry but it looks like it was just how the picture was taken my point is if you shop ebay for these figures then expect to pay out the ass, try finding someone who deals directly with japan to help you.

6. Dark_Rage

Dark_Rage Jaded Member

That's real hard though. I passed on this one since he didn't show how bad the chrome damage was, oh well, it's not the end of the world.

Damn Liokaiser's expensive (even on YJ), incomplete or not...

7. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

The problem with buying incomplete vintage JP exclusives is that it's pretty much impossible to find the missing parts separately. Which is why it's best to just get them complete straight off and avoid the hassle.

8. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Ya Deathzaras is more around $250, $300 tops MIB, loose you could score one for under $200 ($150ish) with a little digging. In my experience Liokaiser's price all depends on how patient you are as waiting on reasonable prices for this guy do come up from time to time. Typically though if you patent enough you could probably score one MIB for around $500(ish), loose maybe $300-$350. If not your looking $600+ MIB and $400 loose. Again he's a tricky item to nail down and give out definitive prices for as I've seen him go for under $200 and as high as $750.

As for Dinoking I really cant say as I've never really looked into him, for what it's worth though I've seen some box sets of him go around the $400 range.

Agreed, I've always been of the school that when your paying for something of this caliber it's worth going the whole mile and not just halfway as it will end up kicking you in the long run.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  9. Orion P

Orion P Cybertronian P.I.M.P.

How do you want them.. MIB or loose? The last Liokaiser Giftset i saw went for like 1400 bucks, last Dinoking Giftset i've seen went for 1000 bucks. I got my Deszaraz Mib for like 300 bucks, Road Caeser Giftset for about 350 bucks, Liokaiser Giftset i picked on up for about 550 bucks, my Galaxy Shuttle and Greatshot i pick up rather cheap loose for about 160 bucks or so?

Lets just say that you may spend quite a bit of money, but the figures are some of the best ones ever :D 

10. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

Did everyone suddenly forget Landcross? That guy was actually reissued too, so he shouldn't cost that much...in fact, I've been looking to score one but can't find one! Help, plox?

11. Orion P

Orion P Cybertronian P.I.M.P.

Oh yeah~ I picked my Giftset for about 145? But to find one loose is hard, because there are so many K.O.s of him out there.

12. Dark_Rage

Dark_Rage Jaded Member

I'd prefer to collect MIB if possible, but if loose are cheaper, I can live with it (if it's complete, except liokaiser and his dreaded breast pieces maybe). The problem is that they're so rare, even in Japan, and with the latest auctions (at least on ebay), the prices are far from what the conservative prices that people have been telling me. Getting a deal (or a fair one) is going to be very tricky it seems.

But yes, I love the Victory series, even though I haven't seen an episode yet, their transformers are one of the best IMO!

I got the reissue this fall, sure brought back memories when I visited Hong Kong as a kid, too bad I was stupid enough to play them in water and rust. Oh nostalgia's an expensive thing. I don't really see the point of getting the originals when I can get the reissue for a cheaper price, even for the different packaging. I'd jump at any of the Masterforce/Victory Main Villian reissues.

13. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

I'm sure a lot would. Everyone would love themselves some Overlord and BlackZarak. Myself included...though I'd much rather have a regular Scorponok. I'm not so huge on the black&yellow paintjob, plus I really love the character.

And what's wrong with Breastforce's breast partners?

14. Dark_Rage

Dark_Rage Jaded Member

They're just so damned expensive and hard to buy if you buy an incomplete Jap G1 bot, that's all.

15. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

See, I told you you'll be better off buying complete ones. :wink: