How much creative control do TF PRIME creators have?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by YoungPrime, Apr 6, 2012.

?

Is MECH a cop out due to Hasbro rationing out true TF characters?

Poll closed Apr 10, 2012.
  1. Yes, MECH is obviously a cop out due to Hasbro rationing this show's characters.

5.4%
  2. No, I like MECH just as much as the Decepticons.

29.7%
  3. MECH is okay but I still prefer Bots over humans.

37.8%
  4. Maybe MECH is run by a higher power. Just shut up and keep watching.

27.0%
  1. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let me start off by saying that we all know that I'm not the biggest TF PRIME Fan. But it's the only thing going on right now on T.V. so I try to tolerate it and the last episode was quite entertaining. (once you suspend your knowledge of everything else.)

This with this show that I can't buy is "MECH" why are they a more dominate force than the Autobots and Decepticons they encounter?

There stance in this show brings me to believe that the creators of TF Prime don't have a lot creative control over there. I don't think they're permitted to have a lot of new characters on the show which is why they drag out MECH to be larger than life. Thus making even Starsream grovel to mere humans. Something he has never done in any other TF outlet mind you.

Even Megatron has taken more losses then MECH which to me is very annoying. It's like IDW's Spike all over again. There just humans so why hasn't Agent Fowler called in G.I. Joe or something? He has know purpose other than to yell at the Autobots.

Where are the Quintessons or Shockwave or Straxus? If they were secretly leading MECH I'd accept their relevance in this story.

So how much control do they have with Characters? I strongly believe that if they had any of the fore-mentioned MECH whould've been dismantled last season.

What do you guys think?

2. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

Chose the last option. Seems likely enough.

3. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Well, by "creators", do you mean Orci, Kurtzman, Kline and Capizzi? Or sort of an all-encompassing "the production staff"?

I'd say that the four "big dawgs" that I listed above would have a substantial amount of say and control but not complete control, because while they may not be the "CEOs" of the show, they are the "managers". They have people that they have to answer to. Essentially every decision that they make regarding this show - adding a character, a character's design, the overall story arc, heck, even casting voice actors - probably has to make its way up a ridiculous chain of decision-making businessmen. They have to factor in dozens of criteria from Hasbro, Polygon Pictures and so on and so forth.

On a finer point, perhaps the abundance of MECH is propelled by budgetary concerns? "Hey, let's introduce 'MECH', a team of human terrorists than can serve as secondary antagonists to the Autobots. Creating a dozen CG humans in costume (and tweaking them to appear slightly different) is way cheaper than making a dozen transforming Decepticons." Or maybe they do have super awesome earth-shattering plans for MECH in the future? Maybe Orci/Kurtzman didn't want MECH in there but Jeff Kline and Polygon Pictures did? Who knows? There's so much that goes on behind the scenes that it's virtually impossible to find out the truth for many questions we may have.

4. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch ROBOT! JET! ROBOT!

News Credits:
    Probably an appropriate level of creative control. On the Blu-Ray they said Hasbro cared a lot about how Optimus was represented, that he still echo those noble qualities. Obviously they probably wanted BB to stay a mute. So on a conceptual level Hasbro probably put in a lot of input.

But the writers honestly like Mech, and its a cool concept. They're not overtly badass, they're just stealthy and sneaky black-ops esque mercenaries. Plus, they've only had 6 episodes (counting tomorrow's) dedicated to them. That seems appropriate for a side plot.

We ARE confirmed to get Quints later this season though, so I wouldn't put that possibility out of mind. It'd make for a really cool reveal if at the end of tomorrow's episode Silas turns around, after examining the footage collected from Nemesis Prime, asking his "boss" if he thought that was a successful field test, then we get a shot of a Quint gazing down at him disappointingly.

5. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there some legislation out there that binds TF fans under law to be self loathing towards their own species?

6. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    The Quintessons really return? Cooooooool :D 

7. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Woah woah woah woah. Are we really getting the Quintessons?!

8. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Take a seat right here, Mr Snark. We're gonna need you to sign some papers, standard legal policy. Any attempt to resist will be taken as hostile action and thus we will be forced to throw you to the Sharkticons. Any contempt held for courts will not be tolerated. Enjoy your self-hatred, Mr Snark, and enjoy the show, but not the human part; that falls under self-hatred.

9. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Well, it appears that way based on some posts on this site. :p 

10. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    When they take away for the awesomeness that is Transforming robots fighting each other and expanding their universal history.....YES!

*On a side note. Seeing the Hulk constantly fighting the Army was boring to.
    Now seeing the Hulk fight other power based characters was amazing.

*Seeing the X-men battle anti-mutant groups was agonizing.
    Seeing them fight Apocalypse was GREAT.

Superman vs Human = LAME!
    Superman vs Darksied, Metallo, Doomsday = Excitement!

(same reasoning)

Nobody cares about MECH. Especailly considering there's been no mention of Shockwave or any other hard hitters out there that would be 10x's as relevant.

I said that last weeks episode was pretty good. You know why?

Because Bumblebee and Starsream weren't literally getting their @sses extracted by the poor man's Cobra.

11. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

I could point out at least 5 things wrong with your statement, but I have better things to do than waste my time with this.

You just made your statement even more opinionated. How classy.

12. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Great!

I thank you for posting.

13. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like MECH

14. grimmlock

grimmlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think you've made some good points but at the same token, even though the Cybertronians are bigger and more powerful, we out number them.

Think about the movie "A Bugs Life". Think about the grasshoppers were bigger and stronger but they knew the ants out numbered them. very similar IMO

15. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    I agree. MECH is dumb. They were interesting at first, but Silas and his faceless goons have just devolved into cliche, one-dimensional "bad guys".

16. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Then I'm sure you can understand Cobra's feeling of betrayal regarding that then.

17. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    That would be plausible..."IF" MECH had the personality of an Ant.