how much are you willing to pay if takara/hasbro makes classics combiners?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by seali_me, Mar 17, 2011.

1. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

hopefully tak/bro will read this.

i want all the combiners as well but i have ask myself...

how much am i willing to pay for it since this will involve different molds for tak/bro? molds which will hold combiner ports at some point. the last big "combiner" was rotf devastator which had no individual bot modes. the smaller version didn't sell either. keeping this in mind and how much was their last big "combiner" cost and since it will be a classics line. max i'd pay would be maybe 250$ but it has to answer everything i want on it no sacrifices either. it better be real damn good.

i'm willing to dish out 120$ cad max for the entire thing. if they are sold separately 20-30cad$ each. if we are talking about deluxes. i'd pay more if they are sold together as a gift set. maybe 130$ 150$ if its as tall as most of the custom combiners here and packaged as a gift set.

second, what i'm willing to sacrifice for takara/hasbro? so they can save a little bit of money. maybe the combiners ports. i don't mind if they fall off sometimes. this i can fix anyway or i can live it. maybe the sacrifice articulation points on individual bots. waist articulation, wrist articulation, feet articulation. i'm happy with shoulder elbow and knees. its playable that way.i don't care about the decepticon and autobot logos. i'll make them myself if i have to. stupid gimmicks. lights sounds, spring loaded stuff. some articulation of the invidual bots. weapons for each individual bot. i don't really care much for these since most go to my weapons stash.

third, what i want on the combiner? true to the classics, spare nothing with this. make the fanboys cry if you will. fully articulated combined mode. articulation galore. individual bot mods. a clear height representation of combined mode. size and bulk matters on this one. 14" five combiner. 15" for devastator 17" for a predaking. i understand height and bulk means more expensive and willing to pay more for these. a weapon or two. gun and sword.

fourth, what i don't want on the combiner?don't make the same mistake with rotf devastator. please make bot modes for individual characters. i don't want a megazord i want a classics combiner. i don't want them to be full of stress marks after one transformation. stupid gimmicks. lights sounds, spring loaded stuff. these can be sacrificed as well.thanks exomega255. honestly i don't care much for these either.

i'm also against going for sold separately. do not feed the scalpers. please.

five, which combiners do i want? i want all of them. i'd even buy doubles. (thanks phoenix blaze)

participate and be reasonable.

please answer ALL questions when posting. this will give them an idea how bad you really want these and plus help them determine if its possible. no fighting in this thread either. please. we ALL want this.

2. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

To be released in 1, maybe 2 waves, not drip fed over the course of a year AND have good distribution for all of them!

TO BE DEVASTATOR!!!!.....then Motormaster....then Predaking, then anything, I don't care after that.

3. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    how much am i willing to pay for it since this will involve different molds for tak/bro? This is a difficult question and relates to the size, material, paint apps, design of the combiner, but if it is superbly designed, I don't mind throwing down say, 500$ for an "end all be all" combiner.

second, what i'm willing to sacrifice for takara/hasbro? Nothing. If I wanted a perfect Rep combiner, I want a perfect rep combiner, no sacrifice.

third, what i want on the combiner? Bot mode individually. Articulation for both combined and singular modes. Deluxe sized at least for limbs. Weapons for each individual bots, that combines or have a use in the combined mode. Weapons for combined mode. Correct proportions for any bot mode. Everything must have a storage designed. Strong material, have a good center of gravity that allows for dynamic stance. Good paint apps. Light piping. Transformations that don't depend on QC. No/small backpacks.

fourth, what i don't want on the combiner? Lights. Sounds. Light and Sound. Firing Projectile. Spring loaded Gimmick. Any gimmick that does not add to weapons, paint apps, and articulation.

4. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

$125 for a combiners of all different deluxe figures.
    I would sacrifice nothing.
    Bot/alt modes for all limbs.
    Skip lights and sounds and gimme gns and missiles and weapons.

5. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't need 18 inch combiners. I would be content with Legends size ones or a deluxe torso with scout limbs. I don't mind some partsforming either, the head, hands, feet etc. can all be separate pieces if need be. All I want are good vehicle modes, good robot modes and an excellent combined mode.

6. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

so you're willing to sacrifice the lights and sounds. that's great man. :) 

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I would be satisfied with how FansProject Bruticus ended up as an official release. So Delux core and scout limbs. Articulation galore, complete weapon storage, 5 unique molds.

Price, I'd pay up to $200 I think at the end of it. I paid $250 for my FP Bruiticus and don't feel completely comfortable doing that again.

Who do I want? Ariel bots and other Autobot teams, Devestator, and Menasaur are on the top of my list.

8. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    $100 sounds reasonable if it had good Robot, Vehicle and Combiner modes, all they would need to sacrifice is electronics, and some combined possibility, the problem is people would not buy a combiner if there is no media to support the character. Sorry CHUG combiners probably wont happen.

9. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    50 bucks considering that's what battle ops bb is and individually deluxe sizes run roughly 10 to 12 bucks a piece. That's as a set. Individually, if they are deluxe and not scout, just price em at deluxe size. I get sick of trying to make something more elusive and special then it needs to be.

10. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

depends on what comes w/the fig's.... if it a delux size figs makin up the components of the combiner i would easily drop $15-20 for a fig w/ extra parts or bulked up to fit the necessary parts for fists, heads etc.......

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Given that deluxe figures run from around $10 to $13 depending on the time of year I'd consider a range of about $60 to $78 to be about the price I'd expect for a mass release at retail.

I could live without loads of bells and whistles since a nice looking vehicle, robot, and combined mode would be all I could ask for. Oh and combined mode should have hands, I kind of like Power Core but I'm not too crazy about what passes for hands in that line. Something that could hold a cool gun, sword or other weapon would be way cooler.

Ideally I'd like deluxe size figures since they would fit nicely into my classics collection, but I'd be willing to compromise and go with smaller figures if that's what it took to make the whole thing work. Of course with smaller figures I'd be looking at a lower price point as well.

12. roy_flagg00

roy_flagg00 I want more life....

150, with the bare minimum being:
    1) good articulation, including hands and ankles
    2) good storage/usability of combiner parts when not combined
    3) solid uncombined modes
    4) strong limbs in combined mode
    3) it's name has to be "abominus" or "computron"

13. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

deluxe-ish sized

$50-$60

as close to G1 as possible

gestalt can use attachable hands and feet etc like G1.

individuals should have solid stand alone vehicle and robot forms.

keep it simple.