How much are Titaniums Worth?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Satomiblood, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

In regards to the 6" Titanium Series. I know G1 Ultra Magnus is a lot. I've seen listings on eBay for at least $70. Some of the others are pricey as well. I'm thinking of perhaps selling/trading them sometime down the line. I just don't have a great idea (outside of eBay) what they're typically worth. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

yeah, I noticed that the later releases are rarer than the older figures (probably due to the fact that the last few waves where at a time when the line was considered dead

3. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 UM is probably the rarest, but I'd say "at least $70" is way excessive.

There have been Buy It Nows for him lately in the UK sitting at £22.99 (under $50ish) and not being snapped up, so I think you're overestimating his value. Sorry!

A set of G1 UM, G1 Rodimus, and the exclusive repaint of G1 Rodimus went for £16 + £15 shipping last month (so £31.00 total shipped for three).

Generally, the Titaniums aren't worth very much, but hey, they're pretty cool in and of themselves anyway!

4. Satomiblood

How am I overestimating when I've actually seen BIN listings on eBay for that much if not more? Hell, even Superquad7 is selling his for $90 shipped. That has to tell you something.

5. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have them all except for the new TRU exclusives WW Prowl & Grimlock. Still waiting for them to show up. I don't want to pay jacked up e-bay prices.

6. Satomiblood

p.s.

Here's what I do have:

RID Prime
    Hot Rod
    G1 Magnus
    WW Sunstorm
    WW Prime/Megatron 2-pack
    WW Grimlock
    WW Prowl
    Cheetor
    The Fallen

7. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

Hmm, there BIN $70 on ebay... and there still listed... what a shocker. Guess no one insta jumped on it at that price. I can put a loose old g1 cosmos up for BIN of $500. Doesn't mean thats what its worth.

Its worth what its worth to you and what your willing to pay for it or someone else at the time. Yea you can get lucky and find someone that has an itch and has to have it and will pay that price, you can also keep coming down so low that almost anyone would jump on it also. There is no set in stone prices, its a hobby market.

8. Satomiblood

This is essentially what I was asking. Because all I really had to go on was eBay as well as online store prices.

9. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    If I were selling them, I'd ask roughly what I have listed (loose/mib/misb, keep in mind my prices are usually on the low end)

RID Prime 8/12/17
    Hot Rod 10/15/20
    G1 Magnus 25/35/50
    WW Sunstorm 8/12/17
    WW Prime/Megatron 2-pack 10/15/20 (TRU.com still has them for that-ish)
    WW Grimlock 15/20/25
    WW Prowl 15/20/25
    Cheetor 15/20/25
    The Fallen 17/22/28

That's all approximate and whatever... But it's a start. I'd say add 10% (rounded to the nearest dollar) to get a nicer-looking asking price.

10. Satomiblood

Yea, WW Grimlock and Prowl are around that price more or less. RID Prime is also one of the cheapest from that line. Haven't seen very high prices for him...same with Optimal Optimus. Magnus is really the only one I'm unsure about. The first one I owned, I paid somewhere close to $30. The second one was closer to $50. And now they're in that $70-90 range.

11. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    I've never seen one actually sell for $70-90. The highest I've actually seen one sell was in the $50-60 range.

Like someone said earlier, just because it's listed for that price doesn't mean it's worth that price.

12. Satomiblood

I'm just noticing that particular range of price. You see it quite a bit and I'm wondering if that's the general going price now for a MISB. I realize it's not absolute. I also realize that slapping an arbitrary BIN price doesn't equate to it's actual value, i.e. someone listing it at an absurd amount like $300. But take some members on here for example, people on eBay, or even online retailers selling it for 70, 80, or $90. That has to tell you that there's a typical going price or range for it. Doesn't that translate into its after market value (absurd sellers aside)?

13. defstar

defstar Autobot...

I sometimes use BBTS as a pricing gauge...especially just after a TF is no longer on store shelves...

If BBTS has it in stock the going price for the figure is a little less than what BBTS is asking (as they are always a little on the high side)...

If BBTS has it listed but "sold out" then you can expect your TF to be going for a little more than BBTS's final list price...

This obviously isn't fool proof but does give you somewhat of an idea...

14. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    It's that law of supply and demand thing. Demand drove the price up to there, but I don't think much (if any) will sell at that price before it dips back down to where it was.

15. Satomiblood

I just checked BBTS as a reference. So if you apply what Deftar said, $50-60 would be the more conventional going price.

16. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Earlier this month I sold a loose & complete The Fallen for $30.51 if that helps.

17. defstar

defstar Autobot...

I not Deftar...:) 

18. StopMotionJR

StopMotionJR Banned

News Credits:
    The Titanium Figures are definately not worth the $20.00 you pay for them in stores. Let alone the $70 you could be paying online for that ultra magnus. Now I only have two titanium figures, the new tru grimlock and prowl, but something I really didn't like about Grimlock was there are only 3 diecast pieces on him. for that they charge you maybe another $10.00. Im, thinking $15.00 is an exceptional price. Wouldn't recomend paying over that. Maybe they were better in the past. Dunno

19. Satomiblood

Reptar Bar?

20. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I sold a G1 Magnus for $25. All I wanted to do was get my money back... the buyer was happy and so was I.

Put it up for what you want to get. No more/no less.