How Many?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Moroni Prime, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    Does anyone know if there is a way to find out exactly how many transformers were made by Hasbro? For example, how many G1 Grimlocks, How many BW Injectors, How many G2 Seasprays, How many Alt Swerves, etc....

Does anyone know how to find out, or if Hasbro even keeps some sort of form, or invoice on how many were manufactured?

2. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    well if u wanna no how many alt np were made..

[​IMG]

poor d_c

3. Moroni Prime

News Credits:
    does nobody even have any thoughts or ideas on how one might go about finding out?
    Considering that the fandom has been able to get ahold of storyboards, animation cels, prototypes, scripts, design sketches, etc... I figure maybe this information might be accessable by someone as well.

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I would say the initial problem with this question would be that it's poorly defined.

Do you only count toys produced specifically for the North American/US market? Or would you also include Canadian/European/South American/Australian/New Zealand/Hong Kong releases if they were made in the same production run and just got stuffed into different packaging?

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    the figure's probably somewhere around the region of, shitloads to, a lot.

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    That would be interesting info to know, but it would have to be leaked by someone seriously high up at Hasbro. I wouldn't hold my breath.

7. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

It's not a poorly defined quetion. He wants to know how many of 1 figure was produced,period. To me, that is all encompasing and including ones packed for Europe or wherever. Just like Car companies can release figures of how many Civics are made or mustangs, the number they would report would contain ALL cars for ALL markets, then it could also be broken down into countries. I am sure somewhere hasbro has a count of how many of each figured was produced. Especially since they all come from the same factory.

8. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    :lol 

I don't really think they keep count unless it is limited addition. Maybe they say like we want this many boxloads or something.

9. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

::D oing my best Dr. Evil:: They released one million transformers!

10. Nevermore

News Credits:
    The problem is that we don't know if the European G1 releases came from the same factory as the US releases. Considering there were weird variants such as red MB Tracks, "Puffer", yellow Constructicons (the combining ones, not the non-combining ones or even the G2 ones!) and whatnot.

Also, how about the Italian GiG releases? They have Hasbro assortment numbers on the packaging, but GiG previously distributed Diaclone toys in Italy without Hasbro's involvement.

The question is poorly defined.

What about the Euro "Classic" reissues? Do they count? They were produced years later, and the Classic Prowls even had sticker sheets with "Diaclone" on them. Are those mere packaging variants?

If they don't count, how about the Dollar Store "Universe" re-releases of Energon toys? Are those from the same production runs as the original Energon versions?

Hell, if we're talking G1, does Pepsi Prime count as the same production run as regular Prime? How about Cookie Crisp Jazz?

11. betetta

betetta guitar face

don't forget the south american minibot madness, at least 2 countries produced has/tak licensed minibots in lots of color variants (at least 6 diferent ones are known for each mold of the first year)

12. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Well, but we know for sure that THOSE were not manufactured in Hasbro's factories.

13. Moroni Prime

News Credits:
    wow... I almost forgot about this thread :p 

What I was wanting to know is from U.S. only.
    variants don't matter... magnus with or without poster is still magnus, metal or plastic toes, hotrod is still hotrod. The only one I can really see any difficulty with is "Bumper/Bumblejumper/Cliffbee/Climblebee/whateverhisnameis-a-tron.
    I'm wondering, within the 50 united states, how many of each figure was made. how many optimus primes were made in the us for the 84-85 run? How many computron box sets, how many S.T.A.R.S. bases, how many wheelies.
    All I want is info from 1983-1990.

perhaps maybe Jon or Karl Hartman would know?, or maybe they'd know how to find out?