How many versions of Classics 2.0 Sideswipe/Sunstreaker do we want?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MegaHavok, Jul 9, 2008.

1. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This pic from one of Maz's articles makes most of my point

[​IMG]

I was wondering how interested the fandom is in multiple repaints of the new universe moldmold.

Personally I would buy everyone of these dialcone variants plus Red Alert and g2 sideswipe. But I do love both of these guys, hell sideswipe is proably my favorite g1er.

At the very least I would hope hasbro does some of the ones with g1 names already like Clampdown, Deap cover, and tigertracks

2. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

its like the car brothers all over again......

3. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if high quality, dooooooooo it

4. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    This is why the classics autobots will always outnumber the classics deceptions. They repainted Bumblebee, and prime and they're going to repaint Prowl, Sunstreaker (at least once, possibly more) Ironhide, and mirage. The problem with the decepticons is that they're too unique and not repaintable (aside from the seekers, but that's another story). About the only mold they CAN repaint is the seeker mold, and they've done that 3 times already (counting acid storm), but they couldn't repaint Megatron, Astrotrain, Octane, Onslaught, or Galvatron. I think this is why they're repainting Autobots as decepticons for universe.

5. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    There's more variations of the Sidewsipe mold than that isn't there?

I know those are the Diaclone ones, but off the top of my head I can think of;

Sideswipe, Sideswipe G2, Clampdown, Deepcover, Tigertracks, and Red Alert. I'm sure I've forgot one.

6. unicronsupreme

News Credits:
    On a related note, does anyone think we'll get sideswipe's shoulder cannon instead of the engine thing?

7. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When the Sideswipe comes out, you can do a head swap with an extra pair of the toys to make the Red Sunstreaker and the Yellow Tiger Tracks. So those don't really have to be made. Now a Black body for a G2 Sideswipe exclusive and a Police car varient of the eventual Red Alert would rock.

I think FP ought to do a future Botcon set based on Diaclone versions of the Classic bots. It would fit right into the Classics universe they've made and make for an awesome set of toys for the fans.

8. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

I'm a poor choice for a rational opinion on this matter. I'm a total Lamo-bot nut. I have every incarnation of the G1 Sideswipe mold, a bunch of the RID Mach Alert/Prowl mode, Sunstreakers, etc.

I'm already planning on making a Tigertrack/Red Streaker with an extra Sunstreaker and Sideswipe. So for me I'll take any they make. Realistically though, Swipe and Sun are all we need, but I certainly see them repainting it a few times so a Red Alert seems possible.

9. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind a police version of the mold. Anything else would be totally extraneous though.

10. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah the red and yellow variants are easy fixes add some detail for variety. Really the g2 black and red alert white version are what we need then its just some paint and reprolabels to do the rest

11. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

The exhaust pipe pistol plugs into the shoulder, already. I'm pretty sure that's what Sideswipe is going to get for his shoulder missile.

12. unicronsupreme

News Credits:
    Pic?

13. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd buy Sunstreaker, Sideswipe and Red-Alert, I have no interest in any other repaints of that mold.

14. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    It'd also be a shame for Sideswipe to loose the engine, since in "Sideswipe-bot-mod" the engine can be mounted vents downward on the bot's back to make a nice little jetpack.

G2 Sideswipe and Deepcover are both black versions of the mold, it'd be a bit silly to make both of them.

The police Sideswipe in the photo above is, essentially, Clampdown.

The yellow Sideswipe in the photo above is, essentially, Tigertrack. And like Hiro Prime said, (and I've been planning to do), Tigertrack and Red Sunstreaker will be easily made by head swaps.

So Sunstreaker, Red Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, and Tigertrack are covered. Beyond that, personally, and without expecting more remolding, I'd really like to see Hasbro still release Breakdown and Red Alert(they could get by without a lightbar by just re-decoing the engine intakes as the lights).

A police version could be done like Red Alert, but to me would seem to redundant with Red Alert and Prowl around.

With a remolded (two-faced)head I'd love to see the club make Punch/Counterpunch from the mold too. Maybe even mold a symmetric fist so they wouldn't need to be swapped, and maybe even re-make the G1 guns too.

15. MetroBoy

MetroBoy Keeper of the Cheese

A Red Alert repaint would be nice.

16. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I can see them doing a Mass release version of Red Alert, as it wouldn't be hard to plug a lightbar into the top of the car, but I think everything else should be con exclusive type stuff. But then again, I'm the type that prefers one of every mold (though I will be getting this one twice due to the double transformation).

17. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like this to be remolded into both Red Alert & Punch/Counterpunch.

18. lastmaximal

lastmaximal Hellspark

News Credits:
    i mostly want the Police Sunstreaker. call it Mach Alert.

19. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    A Red Alert redo would be fine by me. If there are any other characters that use that mold, I'll get them, other then that...

20. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd definitely grab a Red Alert and G2 Sideswipe...