How many times have you returned a toy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bass X0, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    And for what reason?

I have never returned any toy. I wouldn't like to buy a toy from a store that had already been opened so why would anyone else?

2. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    ZERO!

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I returned an unopened universe fig because I found it way cheaper somewhere else once, but I think that's it.

4. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

More than once. Am I supposed to have kept a written record or something?

Including two different Universe 1 Razorclaws. QC on the ones sent to Michigan sucked.

5. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    Well if its unopened thats fine. But some people open the toy, decide they don't like it and return it.

6. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I bought some KO's at Big Lots for a kitbashing project, but the plastic was so terrible (not surprisingly) and the toys so simplistic that I decided to return them.

7. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, that's BS. I would never do that, even if I hate the fig I keep it (unless it's horribly defective right out of the box). Even then, I fix what I can - and I haven't found one I couldn't fix yet.

A TF is a commitment, not a rental.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  8. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Ah, okay. This topic is just meant to fish for some asshole "I rent my TFs, hahaha" commentary, so that we get to rehash yet another battle of morality on the forums. Awesome.

9. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I returned Universe Onslaught because one of his leg "gates" was stripped. Returned it. Coupla days later it was back on the shelf, took it back up and told them its broken and that I had returned it. Then Lumpy found it a THIRD time and told em not to put it back out.

I've returned a few toys because they were broken. I think leader Rotf Prime was the last one because one of his chest windows was busted.

10. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Lol I guess I'm that asshole.

11. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After literally thousands of retail TF purchases without incident, I had to return my first TF ever a few weeks back. I got Masterpiece Skywarp home and found that two of the wing ailerons were missing - not in the box loose anywhere, either.

A lot of QC complaints seem to get raised on the boards, but I'd say Hasbro's been pretty top notch - based on my experience, anyway.

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Never returned one, but I have resold.

13. Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only toy I've out-and-out returned (with out being defective) was Premium Bumblebee. I bought it with the full intention of keeping it, but I just didn't care for it in contrast to the normal version.

I've returned many for being defective, though.

Edit: Forgot about Animated Voyager Prime. I got the original one without the Autobot symbol, but it also had silver paint on the blue chin piece. I later returned it to get the newer one with the symbol, but his paint job was even worse - it was really terrible, especially on the head. I finally, after returning that one, was able to find one with the symbol and a decent paint job. And there were many other Animated toys I returned because they were defective - Voyager Starscream and megatron, for starters.

14. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

haven't had to return any as of yet. even if the limbs are loose or i found some huge scratch on the paint, i just keep it. there are always ways to fix those minor problems.

15. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

I've returned an ROTF Deluxe Sideswipe becase I accidentally broke off his foot piece while transforming it for the first time.

I've also returned an ROTF Deluxe Breakaway for the intention of swapping it with a new one due to really loose joints and a tailfin that always popped off.

16. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Once, an animated Starscream, but that was because the springy things for his automorph where poking out and it hidered it's Transformation. When I returned it I took it out the box and explained how it could be dangours to childern to make sure they deffinatly didn't just put it back on the shelf.

17. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    Never returned any at all

18. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    g2 prime got him for my 6th birthday his head snapped of first time i transformed him for the price he cost i got him taken back and swapped but for a new one but thats the only one ever. I think they put it in a discount bin

19. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    zero times..

20. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I've returned a healthy number of unopened figures for various reasons, usually in the name of price matching without having to deal with the hassle of explaining the situatation or finding a print ad...just easier to return the new, unopened item no questions asked.

Other than that I've returned one figure. Classics/Universe Starscream with a paint issue. Had a big blue line of paint on one of the inside tail fins that I didn't notice at the store in package. I can usually deal with minor paint app issues, but that one drove me nuts.