How many times have you redone your collection shelves?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by megatronatlas, Dec 20, 2010.

1. megatronatlas

megatronatlas Well-Known Member

Ok how many times has anyone done the (rearrange shelf) thing with there collection.

Since I am off work for a few more weeks with a broken arm, Myself and my two boys have actually redone some shelves. And only a few of the shelves have windowed doors, the rest are bookshelves (hence the cats).

Now if this question has been asked before sorry.

2. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When I was younger it was a every 3 day occurrence. I'm more a fan of dioramas and "scenes" then just display. I can't display anything until I move to europe though so that kinda bites.

3. megatronatlas

megatronatlas Well-Known Member

One of my shelves has the Teletran 1 set put together ( with tape mind you) with some of my classics on them.

4. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    This, but if I get a figure in a really awesome pose, it ends up staying like that for weeks.

5. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did it a couple of times.

6. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Once every 2 months.

7. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Lots? I put new shelves in last year, and that was a big move. I cleared a shelf off of the closet, which now hold Transformers. The line up changed last Christmas, and then a few months ago I rearranged lots of little things.

8. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    usually when i get new figures i end up having to rearrange the shelves somewhat since they are getting full, think i'm going to get some new shelving in january or febuary to fix that

9. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

Usually it'll be time to rearrange when there's enough new figs in my collection to upset my OCD and put them in their proper place (Season 1, Season 2, Season 3 plus Diaclone plus G2 plus anything post plus any Gobots homages) which usually requires moving the whole damn thing to another shelf. Hell, I recently traded all my Alts with the exception of Ricochet, Blue Bluestreak, and Mirage away just so I could fit all my Classiverse figs on one shelf in my closet. Which, of course, meant that my G1/G2/Diaclone collection and my RID/etc collection had to go on the dresser. Remaining Alts and Masterpieces on my wife's book shelf. Thankfully she hasn't noticed yet or else they'd get moved yet again.

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I don't so much have collection shelves but I do have figures all across my desks and side units. Most of the time stuff stays in the same place, but when things reach critical mass I have to rearrange to make room for new figures or figures I've decided I want back out of storage.

11. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Usually when I get in the mood/have the time to fiddle a bit with them. Right now my case has classics on top, Animated in the middle and Halo on the bottom. Halo right now though has been push over to half of the bottom so I can lock up some Christmas gifts. After Christmas though I think Halo will be placed elsewhere and gonna move Animated to the bottom and split the top two between classic bots and cons.

12. ShadowMagnus

ShadowMagnus Autobot

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    every time I add 6 to 10 figures of the same line into their respective shelves. So considering all these new RTS, Generations & a couple of United then I am now redoing my CHUG(RTS)U shelves a lot!

13. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

A couple times in the last 4-5 years. Mostly as I got new figures I needed to expand to taking up a full shelf instead of a corner of it. Then split my Henkei collection into Season 1 & 2 and Season 3 shelves. Also moved my Optimus shelf and Starscream shelf off the bookshelf and onto my computer desk.

14. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I did a major clean up of my room a couple of months ago. Rearranged my entire collection from my desk onto my book shelf. Looks a lot cleaner and have more space for possible expansion of the collection.

15. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    When im Bored :) 

16. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

I raely do major reworks - everything got new shelves when I moved house a few months ago, but other than that, the only major change was squishing up my Animated and movie figures so I could spread classics out more.

I know that when MP Rodimus arrives, one of my movie shelves is being emptied for him, and I'll likely move some of my classics or G1 (not decided which) to share his shelf.

17. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

i just re did mines last week. Boxed up all my G1s and only displaying classics!!!

18. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

So far in count its about 15times so far. Reason being is I don't have very big shelves so when I get a new 1 I have to move around figures all the time.

19. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Classics shelf gets shuffled every time I get new additions. My random shelf about once a week.

20. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Probably every few months,until I run out of room and have to get another bookcase.Then I have to do a total rearrangement of them.