How many times have you had to exchange a TF?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shark Jumper, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've had to do returns or exchanges a few times with transformers.

- Cybertron Blurr (stupid cyberplanet key feature wasn't working right)
    - Animated Starscream (damn you loose fingers)
    - Blades (projectiles wasn't working right)

So what wacky reasons did you have for doing a return or exchange. I'm starting to feel more qc issues lately...

2. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Never.

3. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

I don't return or exchange toys. There are a few times I might have had a legit reason to, but I shrugged it off and either fixed it myself or lived with it as is.

I really wanted to return Universe Galvatron though. That figure was a mess in QC. But I figured I probably would end up with a replacement as equally bad, so I began work on him.

4. mat`amit

mat`amit Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    luckily for me up till now i don't have to do any exchange for any of my figs. some of them had some slight paint job issues but nothing major and doesn;t have any bad effect on the figs. hopefully i won;t have to in the future as well

5. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

0!

6. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    never

7. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

yea that's the same thought on me, especially with paint applications and what not, we shouldn't expect hasbro, to make a toy, being sold to children, to have perfection on their paint applications, and if they did do that, the price would probably be double, plus i like a little miss paint applications sometimes.

for example, my movie starscream has a little black line above his right eye, it kind'a looks like a scar lol. even though it was only a misspaint thing, i'm fine with it, and i am willing to live with it, because it actually improved the figure in my eye. same with my barricade, *the repaint version*, it's paint applications are not perfect, so it helps make it look, kind'a "older" rather then a car that has just been assembled and rolled off the lot, after being painted lol to me it gives it a more realistic look to it.

i've never had any major problems with QC before, that i felt necessary to take it back, maybe i will one day, but even know i have not, even with my classics starscream, which had a problem with one of the metal rods in the joints, sticking out, as if it was cut too far off, i just did a little modification, and now it works perfectly, SURE i could of just took it back, but i had no guarantee that i would be getting one that was any better, i could end up with one even worse, lol

and before people say, "well this is why you should buy only takara transformers" or what ever, i got to say, that i have had more problems with the import transformer's qc, then hasbro's lol sure takara puts more paint applications on theirs, but, the more paint applications you put on, the more chances for paint application screw ups lol!

8. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never exchange or return mine. I don't open them. The only one that
    I have opened and displayed it is the Action Battler Barricade.

9. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Never.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Absolutely never. I haven't had any problems with Hasbro's QC or paint apps.

11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Animated Starscream had missing thumb. They didn't have a replacement so I got a refund.
    Universe Prowl had a broken knee from a pin driven in at the wrong angle. Got a replacement but it has the dreaded tacky paint. Got me some some clear coat stuff so hopefully that'll fix the problem because if I return it I'll probably just get another with tacky paint.
    Beyond that it's just been loose ball joints on other figures, which I've fixed myself and not needed to return.

12. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I returned G1 Soundwave when I was 5 or 6 because his tape deck door was broken right out of the box.

And I think I took back a few BW guys that were busted or missing bits... from memory Rampage, TMII Cybershark and TMII Scarem.

13. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I lost count.

14. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod Larzzing on twitter!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I might return Universe Onsluaght because when I was trying to "fix" the sheild and cutting into the peg. And like a ******, I made it pop off so now it just kinda sits on the turret. But I don't think I am because I keep my TF's in robot mode, and it stays on great in robot mode without the peg-thing.

15. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    So far none.

16. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

Returned movie Blackout cause the gears didn't line up in the automorph and it drove me crazy. Returned Animated Voyagers Megs and Bulkhead in preference for the Leader versions.

That's about it.

My Universe Tankor came misassembled (left knee joint backwards), but my KP Rodimus came the same way so I did the same fix: cut the corner off to allow the knee to bend. Easy.

17. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

G1 Jetfire as a kid (can't remember why now). Took Titanium Soundwave back, but there wasn't really a specific problem with him, he was just a shockingly bad design.

18. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

WOW you can return one toy only for have loose fingers? If you try that here the people at the toy store will kick your ass.

19. Cascadia

Cascadia Mt. St. Hilary

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Only once....I had second thoughts about buying the Stealth Bumblebee, because I did not need any more of that mold....enough was enough He was returned sealed.

20. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Animated Prowl - my first one's leg had a huge gash in it right above the back of the knee joint. Couldn't actually move the leg without considerable force because of it, and moving it only made it worse.

Only other screw ups have just been things like paint that I let slide. The worst that I've "lived with" is two left fists in one of the Universe Ruination sets

I've also returned a few sealed items I decided I just didn't want however. I've gotten shit for it in a few of those situations, even though I always have a receipt. I don't see why there has to be some interrogation about the return when it's unopened and there's proof of purchase eh?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008