How many TF sequals are you ready for?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by VehiconTypeRID, Jul 5, 2007.

1. VehiconTypeRID

VehiconTypeRID Active Member

I'm not sure how many the powers that be maybe anticipating, but with all of the story lines that are out there, I'd definitely would be up for as many as there have been Friday the 13th (as long as there is a good story for them to tell)

When will we see some Fem-bots join the crew? Any guesses?

When does Sam finally ditch Makela and we see him hook up with Carley? Or will this ever happen?

Personally I think it would be perfect to introduce the Quintessons in the 5th installment of the franchise. Anyone else?

Maybe Ultra Magnus and Springer and Hot Rod could crash land on earth to warn the Autobots of the coming war with the Quints.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I'll go for any they give us. I loved the first one, I have absolute faith in them.

I'm just hoping we never see unicron.

3. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

I'd be up for a total of 6 if they switch a few things up, gradually move away from the popcorn summer blockbuster formula, and interconnect the movies into one grand story.

4. Whitey

Whitey The Angry White One

At least 3 total films as long as they keep Unicron, Galvatron and Hot Rod as far away from the movie franchise as possible.

5. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i think that three would be just fine. after that it might get tedious. and they had better not do the Matrix/Pirates thing.

6. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I think 3. Honestly there is a good chance that the second one will disappoint. Part of the charm of the first one was the interaction between Sam and the Autobots, and the humor between Sam and his parents.

The next movie won't be able to rely on that as much. If they don't play their cards right, the movie will bomb, and they will have to rely on the third movie to redeem themselves.

7. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I'll take as many as they give us as long as they are good.

8. JCurwen

JCurwen Now with 10% more ego!

What's that? Make the sequels better than the first movie (well, except for Matrix Revolutions which was about on par with the original)?

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Three for sure, but I'd see as many as they make.

10. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    all of them lol

11. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

If the second bombs, don't expect to see a third. I can only hope and pray we get three, though.

12. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    I'd say the samething aswell.

13. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Nah, there will be a third regardless. There will be a commitment to resolve the story and try to redeem some losses.

14. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    um, 2? 3? ah crap, ill be here for TFTM45.

15. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

at least 3, if we can get more than yay!!!

16. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One more.

Seriously. Don't fuck up the series ala Pirates and Spider-Man.*

*Though I will say Spider-Man 3 was one of my favorite movies of all time, but others will say otherwise.

17. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As many as the market will bear...

Though, I'd prefer it if they'd make each movie as stand-alone as possible, definitely building on the previous one(s) but with a soild enough ending of its own. I just don't want to see a movie that's a "chapter" of the story. Each movie needs a tangile beginning, midddle, and end of its own. Plant seeds for future installments, but I don't want to see a TF movie that ends with "to be continued".

18. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

Good one! Best idea I've seen so far.

19. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think at least 3. Imagine if you were an executive who knew very little about TF's. They ok'ed a script that had lot's of human interaction for character development and they figured the 'bots were for the action. There were a few good people who stopped and said "look, these robots ARE the characters, they have over 20 years of personality and backstory behind them!" and thus changes were made- like making sure they talked, but it was too later to completely rewrite. We got some character but not as much as they deserved. So, I think they could really make it so taht the robots get much more of the spotlight and show much more character making up for the lack of having them introduced to people for the first time. All this is speculation, I don't know how it went, but it strikes me after seeing the movie twice (I loved it regardless of what I say here) that there was a small battle between those who wanted the human characterization to dominate and those who wanted to show the 'bots had personality. Anyways, a second and third would work, but I REALLY hope the second won't be a throw away movie so they can get to the 3rd, like pirates and the Matrix.

20. VehiconTypeRID

VehiconTypeRID Active Member

As long as they listen to the Fans about what WE want to see then this franchise will go on for quite a bit.

From an Executive POV though as long at they costs of making the film don't exceed the returns (profits) on the film then it's in their best interest to listen to US and give US what we want.

I've always hated it when they try and re-invent the wheel once again, Instead of just using what is there and putting it on the big screen.

JMHO.