How many Scrapmetal Terrorcons do you have?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by hockeygamer40, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hockeygamer40

hockeygamer40 Autobot Hockey Player 40

News Credits:
    Just been lurking here a while, and after Botcon I joined the boards.

Just how many Scrapmetals do you own in your Terror con fleet now?

I have 12 yellow ones and 8 red ones. This figure is so much more awesome and deserves a bigger army than all of the Battle Ravages, Command Ravages, Arcees, Strongarms, and Skyblasts I had gathered for Energon!

For those of you still searching, I saw an eBay ad for someone selling 2 (one red, one yellow) for about the same cost as finding two of them in the store. It's not my own ad, though.

I hope Hasbro releases the red ones as a special two-scout pack like they did for the Energon Terrorcons and Omnicons.

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    One. The red version.

3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    2 red and 2 yellow, one of each open, one of each MISB, now if only Hasbro would release more of these guys in different colors.

4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

This isn't meant to be a jerky or offensive comment (honest!), I'm just genuinely curious: why do people like this figure so much? I don't own any version of him, but I've passed on him many times in the store. He just seemed like a weak figure to me. I think it's because I can't get past the logic-problem of why he would need to transform from one type of legged, walking (albeit quadruped) mode to another legged, walking (albeit biped) mode. I like figures where it seems like the alt mode has a real purpose, but this one just doesn't to me.

Is he just one of those figures (like Crosswise, at least in my opinion) that looks kind of underwhelming in pictures/packaging, but when you have him in your hands he suddenly becomes much cooler?

Again, not trying to be a jerk, I'm just surprised how many times I've seen this guy on people's "best of" lists, and I'm starting to wonder if there's something really compelling I'm missing about him (in which case I'd better pick one up before they disappear from retail!).

5. SupremePrime

SupremePrime Dark Spawn Of Unicron

I think hes an okay figure, definately not on my best list. I guess they look good as minions for megs or somthin.

6. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I think he is better than 75% of the basic figs. Even if it isn't based on the cybertron story, the toy still kicks ass. Check it out for 6 bucks.

I have 1 red and 1 yellow. I really wish that Hasbro would release the Blue one too. Makes way more sense then a repainted Breakdown...

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have one red, one yellow, and I was so hoping for a blue release.:( 

8. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    5 so far...2 yellow, 2 red and 1 blue that I made myself. Need to get another yellow one to make another blue.

I only like to get 2 each of drones. So, in that vein, I also have 2 of each Vehicon drone, and Energon Terrorcon and Omnicon.

I AM thinking of making my own color Scrapmetals, though..green and purple, at least. Maybe orange as well.

9. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

5, 2 yellow 3 red.. and scrappy is amazing hes ridiculously articulate and made even more badass by the fact you can remove the blade and use it as a sword...give him 2 and you have scrappy with TWO swords... put both in one hand and you have a DOUBLE BLADED sword lol... i <3 scrappy

10. hockeygamer40

hockeygamer40 Autobot Hockey Player 40

News Credits:
    In short, here's why he's so much fun. Yes, he's much cooler when you take him out of the package and play with him!

In robot mode, his cannon can be posed either side. His cannon can either be the energon gun or the blade. The blade also comes off and becomes a hand weapon.

The actual robot actually features the choice between two fists, one fist and a drill hand, or two drills -- all without attaching or reattaching something!

He's got a cool looking robot head.

Next, in his transformed mode, he can be positioned in different ways.

And most important, the kids seem to love him. I had lunch with a college friend at Botcon 2006, and his son loved his red Scrapmetal. He found my yellow one very interesting!

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ditto. I keep looking at the yellow one, and thinking "I'm not quite that desparate for a new toy yet"

12. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    One yellow and one red, of course i'm willing to buy a Blue and Coby one, but the price is out of my league. It's one of the few figures id consider learning how to paint, hell i'd pay for custom repaints.

13. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Just two: One red and one yellow, whom I call Rumble and Scrapmetal. I wanted a blue one to name Frenzy, but NOOOO! Hasbro had to decide not to give us the blue one, and they waited until LONG after the Galaxy Force Rumbles vanished from the interweb, depriving me of the ability to get a blue Rumble.

Besides, I really just wanted three to make into a little Special Ops/Demoltions team, with Rumble as the Commander, Frenzy as Science Officer/Surveillance, and Scrapmetal as the Munitions Expert.

As for the appeal of Scrapmetal... For me it's a combination of the articulation, bonus weapons (removable sword and piledrivers), and the relatively unique alt mode.

14. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I have 7, all of them are different. I have scrapmetal, red blue and yellow rumbles, and I customized a purple and a green one. He is so fun because he has several fan modes. I have every one of these in a different way; robot with sword, robot with cannon, robot with piledrivers, standard alt mode, scorpion mode, jet mode, microscope mode. I'd like one more so that I could have one in turret mode *L*

15. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ramble in the three diff colors and a (Red) Scrapmetal

Red Ramble, and Red Scrapmetal aren't as alike as one might think.

16. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    4, one of each color from Takara and 1 Scrapmetal (Red)

17. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    2 red and 2 yeloow Scrappy Scraps both opened and on display

18. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    From Galaxy Force, I have two red, two yellow, two blue, and one Coby version. For Cybertron, I have about about 30 red and about 10 yellow.

He's my consolation prize whenever I'm hunting and don't find the figure I'm actually looking for.

19. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Two of each of the japanese version, so that is 6 (two yellow, two red, two blue), plus on the hasbro side 5 more yellow ones and 4 red ones.

I actually really like the yellow one alot.

20. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One red, one yellow, the two customized ones from the Botcon customizing class, and two still sealed in bags unremoved from the pegs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.