How many playable characters for story mode(speculation)

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m going to say 5 for each side.
    Bots: Prime, Bee, Ratchet, Ironhide, Jetfire (for the flying missions IGN speaks of)
    Cons: Megs, Screamer, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Soundwave
    I didn’t add Shockwave cause the IGN article said he isn’t really involved in the story mode.
    I’m expecting maybe 10 characters for each side for Multiplayer.

2. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
  3. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm hoping for additional DLC characters.

4. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You might want to remove your link to wiki, as the last guy to use it as a source got HAMMERED.

The trailer and Gameinformer.com have shown us the following:
    • Optimus Prime (concept art/trailer)
    • Ratchet (trailer)
    • Ironhide (game engine art)
    • Bumblebee (Interview art/trailer)
    • Megatron (concept art/trailer)
    • Soundwave (concept art/trailer)
    • Starscream (concept art/trailer)
    • Onslaught (game engine art)
    • Skywarp (trailer)
    • Thundercracker (trailer)

The Decepticons all ready have 6 characters--though it hasn't been confirmed who's actually playable--while the Autobots have only 4.

Jet/Skyfire and Shockwave were suggestions made by IGN.com's Transformers: War For Cybertron article writer. I wouldn't mind seeing Jetfire; his earth mode from the cartoon could work, as it didn't look like any jet we had/have flying around then or now.

As High Moon feels the need to make gamers choose flying (alternate modes) characters a necessary means of play for certain levels, and the fact that the gamer is said to have three robots to choose from, the Autobots should have three yet to be mentioned flying characters. Jet/Skyfire sounds like a good guess, and seeing how the Wreckers' faction symbol was shown, I'm going to add Whirl to the list.

I wouldn't be too surprised in Springer appears in the game either. I know it has been said that triple changers won't be in the game, but couldn't that simply mean no ability to change into one of three modes? If you follow the cartoon, which High Moon referenced often in interviews, the ability to hold more than one mode is new technology--War For Cybertron takes place in the past ;)  And though I don't think Superion is in the game, I wouldn't doubt its members showing up in some form, so I'm going to throw Silverbolts name in to the mix of possible flying Autobot characters--The Decepticon have three all ready, albeit cloned jets (story mode might be limited to these three anyway).

5. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    No more takers?

6. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Without knowing what sort of missions are ahead, it's kind of hard to guess who's better suited for them. I do hope we have a lot of playable characters in story mode 'cause only being able to choose the same five characters will suck, and if you're only allowed to choose the Autobot flyer just once that'll suck more.

7. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Superion has a slight possibility of showing up as a boss in the 'Con campaign, but I don't know if combining was a power back then, or if it was something new created in the cartoon like triple changing. Combining and triple changing are two different things, IMO. Also, the cartoon said flying Autobots are a new thing too. Perhaps we WILL see some combiners and flying Autobots, but I think they are trying to keep contradictions to a minimum.

8. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

I would hope that they would allow every character that is playable in multiplayer to be allowed for play in campaign. Also I think 20 characters (10 on each side) is a good starting point for characters out of box. More is appreciated. Of course DLC would be awesome too.

And for the gameplay, there could be a 4-character tag team squad (kind of like Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Call of Duty combined) that you can switch to any of those characters at any time. Plus it would encourage a co-op campaign. Just what I would like, but not everyone would agree I know.

9. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want as many characters as they can put in

10. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What if Thundercracker and Skywarp are just pallet-swaps for Starscream?

11. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    It seems so far that Thundercracker is different from Starscream; his vehicle mode tail fins are arranged differently and some robot mode concept art of who is supposedly him shows a very different design from Screamer.

12. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In addition to what's been revealed here's what I suggest for Single Player for each side.

Autobots
    -Optimus Prime- Tank
    -Bumblebee
    -Ratchet
    -Ironhide
    -Cosmos
    -Springer
    -Sideswipe
    -Inferno
    -Vector Prime
    -Arcee

Decepticons
    -Megatron
    -Starscream
    -Skywarp
    -Thundercracker
    -Soundwave
    -Onslaught
    -Jetfire
    -Motormaster
    -Scourge
    -Swindle?

10 for each faction, flyers for both, Tanks, and some smaller/more obscure vehicle modes that could easily fit into a "Light" 3rd class. Except for maybe the cons unless Soundwave is a smaller vehicle with wheels.

Perhaps even limit those numbers to 5 for Single Player and expand the roster to 10 for each faction for Multiplayer. Wouldn't mind either way.

13. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    I like the list but they said no combiners, so I'm not sure if that means no combiner members.

14. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    I think we can expect heaps of Characters for DLC. G1 Prime and Megatron anyone?

At the moment, here's what I think we'll get:

Autobots:
    Optimus Prime
    Bumblebee
    Ratchet
    Jazz (He's gotta be in there somewhere.)
    Ironhide
    (A Jet / Jetfire maybe)
    Sideswipe
    Cliffjumper
    Somkescreen (maybe, he could have pottentional, just look at his name.)

Decepticons:
    Megatron
    Starscream
    Thundercracker
    Soundwave
    Shockwave (Come on, it's Shockwave.
    "Blitzwing" (That thing we saw before with the mace, looked a lot like the Animated him.)
    Scrapper (We need a CC, if it's a big mission, have the CC's as the allies ;) )

15. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It might be a model swap, it's likely if the differences aren't in size...However I could see Skywarp being separate because of his skills (telepotation)

16. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm assuming about 5-7 per faction for story mode, & even more for mutiplayer.

17. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    It would be idiotic to not include Shockwave in a story based around Cybertron... he was/is in charge of Cybertron in most Transformers multiverses.

18. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There tail fins are identical. All of the jets' tail fins move in and out throughout their flight--I posted pictures in one of these threads doing just that, nearly frame for frame. The jet designs, too, look identical in the reveal trailer.

I would like to see final designs of all jets, but I assume they are all the same with minor differences. I assume the biggest difference will be color and ability.

19. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Well, the Prime and Megatron in the game are close enough to their G1 versions where it would be nearly pointless to add them in. Now the movie versions.....

But I think 20 characters (10 per faction) should be included in the basic game, then at least one DLC with 10 (5 per faction). Please no repaints.

I think that's fair

20. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    This^