Fan Art: How many people on this site have.....

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by ALPHA TRION, Feb 6, 2007.

1. ALPHA TRION

ALPHA TRION Member

Jobs in the 3d industry, or art field in general? I was wondering because there are a lot of talented people on this site. I'm a 3d modeler/ graphic designer, but I've never really shown any of my art on line. This is my favorite site, and that's saying alot, cuz I've been a member of Cgtalk, 3dbuzz, 3dtotal, and 3d cafe for quiet some time. But, eventhough there's talented artist like Stallworth, and Kolby Jukes. I get more geeked looking at models from Draven and Weewoo among the rest of you guys.
    This site also has more down to earth artist. Art is about uniqueness. People can use the same techniques, but artist are defined by their own personal touches. The other sites are scared to reveal tips for fear of someone surpassing them. That's why I'm glad I'm apart of this site.
    Thanx, I just had to vent for a sec!!

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i'm an architect by training.

mah presentation skillz has got 3d studio, flash, illustrator, pee-ess covered.

also, i got mad manual skillz too.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Thanks for the compliment m8 :) 
    I don't work in the industry as such, no. I've done work for companies like Electrolux (I produced the animated title gfx for their UK product launch in 2005, shown on an IMAX screen to over 750 people), but mostly I do it as a hobby, along with the occasional commission work. I'm currently training to be a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer.

4. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

u use flash? also please give me some illustrator lessons kthx.

there are definately some very talented people on this site. im sure a few of them work for comics and such.

5. Numlock

Numlock Starving Artist

I'm in the 3d animation field...
    I'd rather do 3d Modeling though. I competed in the Super Deformed Transformers Contest a while back, that was about all I've shown around here though. I would love to make more Transformers though.

I agree, this community is filled with very talent people... 2d, 3d, and even the kitbashers/digi-painters/guys that mod stuff. In the field or not, hats off to all those guys. They make this site the best (and my personal favorite too)

6. weewoo

weewoo Veteran

for a while i dreamt of working in the film industry doing 3d, but the whole thing is far too harsh and competative for my taste.. i really can't do that whole violent self promoting / screwing over of others to benefit myself thing, and i've had that done to me too many times.. :mad 

lately i've been designing doll heads, for the japanese BJD / SD / etc type dolls. theres quite a market of doll enthusiasts & customisers that will pay a ton for a rare designer head :D 

apart from that i dont really do much 3d any more.. "alternative glamour photography" is a lot more fun :eek: 

7. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    me!

i'm a designer for the BBC, my daily tools are photoshop, illustrator and flash, and currently have sole responsibility for resigning the look and feel of the most popluar loved in the bbc (3 million hits/month average, the 'loved' index is based on more thorough research than just hits though), scary!

in my free time i like to randomly mess around on photoshop making quick'n'dirty pics like these

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    lol, yea, as a matter of fact I dont think their hasent been one TF work of art that hasent been commented. Yea TFW is definantley starting to make me wondering If I should donate. Alot of the other sites dont interest me. TFW has just about everything I want in a TF related board/ and it doesnt stop their you have totally other polls etc....its just the #1 site for me.

9. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i color the TF comics you all should be reading xD

i've also done a little bit of graphic design too. i designed a cover for a local sports magazine, i also did a theater promo slide for some "Youth of the Month" thing thats seen in local theaters here by whoever goes to the movies. its pretty rad.

10. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

I work in the VFX industry at the Bay area. Most of the time I do compositing and sometimes I do lighting TD, which is basically placing cg lighting in a cg scene, to match live action plates.

11. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I graduated in december with a BFA in Communication Arts-Illustration, Drawing and Visual Studies.

Right now I am a freelance Illustrator/Graphic designer looking for a job in the art field.

I love this site since to me, its the best TF site. Best info, best reviews and a ton of pics to look at, be it tf's or tf artwork. I can say, TFW2005 has it ALL.

12. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm a software engineer but I've done my share of freelance 3D art and still do when the occasional job presents itself.

13. Big_Truk_Convoy

Big_Truk_Convoy Transforming is the gimik

Im a Lead Character Modeler for Midway Studios Austin.

Ive always wanted to make a transformer but dont have the time or energy to do it outside of work. :( 

14. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

I have a BFA in Interactive Design and Game Development, though at this point in time I'm more interested in trying to break into the film industry.

15. shade 0066

shade 0066 Live Fast, Drive Faster!

Im going to college for CAD and am enrolled in 3D cad this sem.

16. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've worked for 11 years as a storyboard, animatic and comp artist for TV, Print and Film. I'm also currently working on a graphic novel with a writer and another artist. Should find out if it's getting published soon. For fun I also paint, sculpt, kitbash, blah, blah, blah...

17. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I do coloring stuff for money. It helps pay bills. :) 

18. MattMoylan

MattMoylan Well-Known Member

I work in marketing/editing for a couple comic companies, but also do some stuff on the art end of things on the side. Colouring, inking, some artwork on occasion. It's all good ;) 

-Matt

19. BMGFX

BMGFX Awesome Spooner Veteran

I've messed with 3D art a little bit, but never really got the hang of everything. Many things about it are still out of my grasp. I like to color stuff here and there, but haven't drawn much lately.

20. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Digital art monkey

I'm a games artist/designer - been in the games industry since 1987, across virtually every field except coding. *suddenly feels very old*

Which is why I don't have more time to start any half-decent TF stuff, let alone finish what I've already begun...strangely, I have plenty of time to bang my head against walls when publishers play silly buggers.

Sorry, went off on one there...