How many of you own complete Classics / Henkei / United / Generations Collections?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UltimusPrime, Jan 25, 2012.

1. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    I started collecting CHUG figures when the Battle In Space set came out last January. I slowly bought all of the Generations and RTS stuff first and then moved onto Classics / Universe. After finishing collecting all the Hasbro versions in September I started to gain interest in Takara Tomy Henkei and United series. Within 2 months I have completed my Henkei / United collection. I was wondering how many others have owned complete up until now Henkei / United collections?

Pictures of Some of my Classics / Henkei / United / Generations Figures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am having trouble finding enough room to display it all.

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I'm on my way there!

3. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Very nice collection!

I have a good amount of the "Classics" figures, far from wanting to be done with the lines though. I'll post pictures later this afternoon maybe.

4. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    define "complete". Are you including all the botcon figures, all the TFCC figures, all the exclusives, etc? Or you are just talking about what's released in retail? Because one "completion" is much harder than the other.

5. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my question to you is what would you consider complete? seeing your 3rd party products i assume your collecting those too? CHUG - i feel will never be truely complete as loads of 3rd party people keep coming up with new stuff!

but that is a very nice collection there! :D 

6. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have most of everything except for a few that I didn't wish to get. Mostly United are the ones that I didn't feel like getting. Also never got Henkei Cheetor and Dinobot. Didn't like how they were outliers in the scheme of the set. The new United I am debating on Warpath, Thunderwing and the beast wars guys. Price diff is almost 4x. Are you counting Botcon/TFCC ones also? That G2 SS might be tough....

7. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    I really like the 3rd party stuff but really I would define classics as 2006-2012

The 3rd party stuff is just Icing on a very tasty cake!

Hasbro

Classics
    Universe
    Generations
    Reveal The Shield
    Some Movie stuff

Takara

Henkei
    United

I am however trying to get all of the 3rd party stuff as well. I am starting to get into the TFCC and Botcon stuff but it is very expensive and hard to track down.

8. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I'm very, very close to complete. All Classics, Henkei, Botcon, Legends, minicons, every version of every Classics mold, etc. The only ones I'm missing are:

-unreleased Wonderfest Black Convoy
    -Lucky Draw Convoy and Galvatron
    -Dragoyell
    -that European-exclusive Minicon 8-pack

So if anyone has any of those for sale, let me know. :) 

One thing I'm waffling on is whether I need to get this obnoxious 3-pack to be able to claim completion. Despite being labeled "Universe," though, I don't know that they're really intended to be part of the Classics lineup. I'm thinking no. I skipped all the other repackaged AEC Scouts that were released under the Universe banner, and despite Backstop being recolored I think these fall into that same category.

EDIT: Oh, I'm not counting 3rd-party stuff. I have a lot of it, but haven't endeavored for "completeness" with that stuff.

EDIT #2: I also don't have the Takara versions of RTS Tomahawk and Terradive, if those count as Classics.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  9. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    I agree as I have purchased them but they remain sealed. I had the Universe AEC rereleases and sold them as they really did not fit the line.

10. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    As far as I'm concerned the Classics collection I am after is complete. The ONLY figure I want that I didn't get (argh thanks for the rip off anabolik1) is TFCC's P/CP.

Other than that I have every figure released including those 3rd party figures that fit in so perfectly with the Classics line.

11. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Totally forgot about the minicons. Never really considered them classics initially. The LD's and wonderfest prime is probably going to be pretty nutty in price too. Good thing I was never one for gold chrome figures. The wonderfest prime on the other hand will probably forever elude me. I actually bought a KO wonderfest prime even though I was never one for KO's.

12. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    My current "have" list:

Classic Deluxe Starscream
    Classic Deluxe Grimlock
    Classic Voyager Jetfire
    Universe Legends Brawl
    Universe Deluxe Prowl
    Universe Deluxe Sunstreaker
    Universe Deluxe Tankor
    Universe Deluxe Sideswipe
    Universe Deluxe Ironhide
    Universe Deluxe Silverstreak
    Universe Deluxe Hound w/Ravage
    Universe Deluxe Starscream
    Universe Deluxe Cyclonus w/Nightstick
    Universe Ultra Onslaught
    Generations Red Alert
    Generations Darkmount
    Generations Thunderwing
    Generations SkullgrĂ­n
    Generations Dirge
    Generations Scourge
    Generations Sergeant Kup
    Generations Wheeljack
    Generations Thundercracker
    Generations Warpath
    Generations Junkheap
    Reveal the Shield Legends Optimus Prime
    Reveal the Shield Legends Megatron
    Reveal the Shield Legends Starscream
    Reveal the Shield Legends Gold Bumblebee
    Reveal the Shield Legends Prowl
    Reveal the Shield Legends Trailcutter
    Reveal the Shield Scout Windcharger
    Reveal the Shield Deluxe Turbo Tracks
    Reveal the Shield Deluxe Special Ops Jazz
    Reveal the Shield Deluxe Perceptor
    Reveal the Shield Deluxe "Laser" Optimus Prime
    Reveal the Shield Deluxe Bumblebee
    Reveal the Shield Deluxe Wreck-Gar
    Reveal the Shield Voyager Solar Storm "Grappel"
    Reveal the Shield "Battle in Space" Rodimus/Cyclonus two-pack
    Dark of the Moon Bumblebee/Soundwave/Rodimus "bonus pack" (Universe Legends Rodimus redeco)
    Dark of the Moon Cyberverse Starscream/Starscream/Bumblebee/Bumblebee four-pack (Universe Legends Bumblebee redeco)

My current "want" list:

Classic Deluxe Bumblebee
    Classic Deluxe Rodimus
    Classic Deluxe Astrotrain
    Classic Deluxe Mirage
    Classic Deluxe Ramjet
    Classic Deluxe Cliffjumper
    Classic Voyager Optimus Prime
    Classic Voyager Megatron
    Classics "Battle for Autobot City" Ultra Magnus/Skywarp two-pack
    Classic "The Ultimate Battle" Optimus Prime/Megatron two-pack
    Universe Legends Jazz
    Universe Legends Hound
    Universe Legends "G2" Megatron
    Universe Legends Bumblebee
    Universe Legends Beachcomber
    Universe Legends Wheelie
    Universe Legends Rodimus
    Universe Legends Warpath
    Universe Legends Cosmos
    Universe Deluxe Galvatron
    Universe Deluxe Ratchet
    Universe Deluxe Smokescreen
    Universe Voyager Inferno
    Universe Ultra Powerglide (Walmart version)
    Universe Ultra Silverbolt
    Generations Drift
    Generations Thrust
    Generations Blurr
    Generations Sky Shadow

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I'm as close to complete as I want to be, aside from Rumble and Frenzy.

I don't have the store exclusive ultra repaints, or the repaints of the cybertron scattorshot mold, and I don't have any of the botcon classics toys. I don't want any of them, either.

14. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, I think Black Convoy, Dragoyell, and the Lucky Draws will probably forever elude me as well. Which is fine... paying the going price for Dragoyell would be moderately insane considering what he is. I did finally manage to get the unreleased blue Bumblebee that I had initially missed, though, and I wanted that more than those others anyway.

Oh, if it counts, I guess I also need a yellow Aveo Swerve. Assuming the thing exists. But that's another one that is only peripherally in the Classics lineup anyway.

EDIT: Oh! And I'm missing Botcon Customs Class Overkill, SG Nightbeat, and SG Thunderclash. If those count. Overkill I won't bother with.... an unpainted Grimlock that got released officially later anyway, I can live without that one.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  15. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm close to "complete" in terms of characters that have been released. I'm just missing Botcon Pyro, SE Overkill and Gentei Strafe. As for unlicensed/third party, I'm complete in what I want that's available.

16. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

I have a complete collection of retail Henkei! Henkei! figures (Not counting the Ultras; those are really strictly "USA Edition" and not part of the Henkei! Henkei! series.).

I also have all retail United figures except for Bumblebee and Megatron (I don't buy duplicates unless they come in a set with a figure that I don't have, or have extras that I can't resist.).

I am having trouble deciding whether to buy Axalon, Arc Unicron, Optimus Primal, and Megatron. Firstly, they are really Energon/Cybertron repaints. Secondly, if I don't buy them I might feel incomplete later on. Finally, since they are releasing Cybertron figures that have not been released in Japan before, I wouldn't rule out the possibility that they might release Cybertron Armorhide as Huffer and Pipes in a set like they did with the Reveal The Shield Scouts. If they did that I would surely buy it, and if I buy it I would want to get all the United Energon/Cybertron repaints else I would surely feel incomplete.

Yes, yes, decisions, decisions. Although I have a strong feeling that those United Energon/Cybertron repaints will go on discount in my country...

17. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    A complete collection of CHUG wouldn't interest me, I would much rather pick and choose. I'm fairly confident I have one of each Classics mold, and most if not all of their Botcon repaints, but I have in interest in buying inferior paint jobs, such as Hasbro Red Alert, Smokescreen, RTS Tracks, Grapple and some figures I don't care about enough to buy the Henkei such as Dinobot, Cheetor and Hot-Shot.
    On the rare occasion I end up with both versions of a mold (Wheeljack, Hound, Jazz) I try to do something creative with the lesser version, like Marlboor, Detritus and G2 Jazz customs for example.

Some are exceptions, Junkions for troop building, Scourge and Sweeps, and for some reason I have Henkei and Botcon / Hasbro Seekers.

18. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    If they release Armorhide as Pipes that will be the biggest fail ever, the mold only (sort of, if you squint) just works as Huffer, Pipes needs, you know, Pipes!
    Also, yeah, you shouldn't feel the need to buy Cybertron repaints or Beast Wars 10th repaints just to feel complete.

19. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Way too many to list, but I pretty much have everyone except ironhide and ratchet. Which I am waiting for igear to release, since the universe/henkei ones aren't worth no where near what people are asking.

20. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Out of what's already been released/what I want, I'm minus only Ramjet, Cliffjumper, Windcharger, Rumble, Frenzy, and Skullgrin.