How many of you only buy Kre-o for the minifigures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I keep thinking that Kre-O are just cheap knock offs on lego. But my mom thought they were neat and said I should buy one.

So I buy the Megatron one, because just to replace the DOTM Leader Class Megatron that is not gonna happen. But whats the point when the vehicle itself does not transform, you have to take it apart and build the robot mode. The only thing I like about this set is I only like the Shockwave minifigure.

Then just today when I was at toysrus, they actually had Sentinel Prime. I thought "Big Deal" but then I saw a Soundwave minifigure. Probably the only set that includes a Soundwave minifigure.

So I don't know, I kind of hate Kre-O, should I get Sentinel for Soundwave?

I know for a fact that when kids buy lego sets, like Ninjago or Star Wars, they only want them for the minifigures. Is that the same with you guys? Do some of you only want Kre-o sets for the minifigures?

2. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Nope. If the Kre-Os look bad or badly proportioned, you can build it however you like. I like the Kreons aswell though. If you don't want the actualy full set, just buy the induvidual Kreons from eBay.

3. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The sets a building toys so judging them along a normal Transformer toy isn't really fair. And kids do buy them for the pieces. I personally, Buy them more for the set themselves. I dont know where I even left the Kreons but still have Ratchet around me.

4. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Yeah, but for 2 reason why I can't,

1) minifigures for either lego or Kre-o are expencive when they cheapest I can get either would be like under $5.

2) If I'm not getting Kre-o Sentinel, I saving money right now for something big on ebay.

5. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I like the sets (a minor fan of legos) but i like the kreo-ns as well too. No complaints from me.

If you only like the figure then thats the best way to get them. Unless you want to buy the set and try to sell the blocks on ebay.

6. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you can just find and buy the kreons seperate on ebay, but if it gets close to only 10 bucks less than the real set, get the set then, but you might have a hard time trying to sell it without the kreons, you never know.

I think a line of online kreons would not sell well. it would be kind if pointless. the kreons are just a bonus to the kreo sets.

unfortunately i dont really see the appeal of kreos lasting that long. we have tons of BOTS right now and only 2 CONS. I think once they have done most of the main characters that are popular, its going to end. I dont think random or obscure characters will work.

7. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I would say that the selling point to me was the Kreons, but the sets actually grew on me pretty damn fast. I have only built them in car mode, but think they are great. Just finished BIG Prime a few minutes ago. While the Kreons are definately the selling point, the sets really surprised me and I will probably end up with them all (though if not for the Kreons, I would probably pass on the D-Cons.

8. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Kreons are great, but I buy it for the whole set.

9. snoopcow

snoopcow Mold hoarder

if hasbro is interested in moolah, they should release the minifigs in randomly packed booster packs, and make some characters uber rare.

10. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    Get a $20 set first, like Ratchet or Sideswipe (or a $12 like Jazz or Mirage if you're reeeeaaally unsure), they're both amazing builds. They look good with other Transformers too, although some are big (i.e. Ratchet dwarfs DotM Shockwave). Kreons are cool but they lose some of their appeal because the sets are so good. I've had more fun with the Ratchet set than any other Transformer recently.

If you really want Soundwave just get him on eBay.

11. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    I said it before, I'll say it again: The idea of building block toys is that you can take it apart and build something else. You are doing that when you "transform" it. I'm not a fan of it either, but trust me, they would not look nearly as good as they do.

No. If the one Kreon figure is the only thing you want from the set you'd be better off without it. Though Sentinel is a very good set to buy.

I don't think so. I've known many children who buy and enjoy Lego sets and they all don't buy sets just for the minifigs. Ninjago might be a bit different though.

12. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    Exactly. I've seen plenty of actual transforming Transformer Lego, but they look always godawful in one mode (either alt mode is rubbish or robot mode is a kibble catastrophy). Kre-O's looks great in both modes.

Yes, again. No point in buying a $40 set for a small Kreon (I think Soundwave and all of the other Decepticon Kreons except Shockwave look bad).

Ninjago and Star Wars are probably the only two that you're right about. Ninjago minifigs are kinda cool but most sets are rubbish, and Star Wars sets, well, they're Star Wars, and I don't think I need to dwell on that. Most other sets regularly have great vehicles/buildings AND minifigures.

EDIT: Before I posted this I wrote "Shockwave" as "Shocklove"...I don't know either.

13. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I buy them for 3 reasons:

1. Kreons
    2. Robot headsculpts
    3. Ball joints/sockets

14. RubberChicken

RubberChicken Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I buy them only for the Kreons. But I have kids who love legos so they get the remainder of the set after I've removed the pieces I want, making the sets totally worth it.

They enjoy the minifigs a ton, but that is not why they get lego sets, contrary to your "fact".

15. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I only want the kreons, but I don't think they're worth buying a whole set for, so I just go without.

16. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Personly I buy the sets for both the figure and kreons the figure and I also quite like disasembling them to transform them because when I was a major lego fan I got bored because I couldnt rebuild them because pieces were to tight

17. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

I too only like the kreons. Might buy a set for the kid and keep the little buggers.

18. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was initially going to buy them just for the kreons, but the more I see the actual kro stuff, especially starscream, the more I want to build those.

19. jordanimus 1

jordanimus 1 Well-Known Member

I buy the sets to build the bots the alt modes and collect the kreons. I always liked Lego but the never had the characters I liked the most... Transformers. If Kre-o gets as detailed with these blocks like Lego then the best is yet to come. Hasbro/Oxford has a winner.