How many of you have broken your Masterpiece Megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Unicron129, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Unicron129

Unicron129 Well-Known Member

I just want to know since I am always hearing about how fragile he is, but I have only heard of two incidents where his hip clips broke. Also, I am going to buy him in the near future and I want to see how durable he is.

2. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

I never bothered to Transform him. I dont need an oversized P-38 pistol.

3. Sangron

Sangron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Mine broke. It is in the city landfill right now.

4. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

And everyone who did that was trying to transform him wrong.

5. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well, I broke the clips too.
    The instruction manual is not clear on the "correct way". Please enlighten us.

6. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    Mine cracked in the thin red plastic on the inside of the leg. I realized one day that my Megs' legs weren't fully extended, so I went to correct it, and the plastic snapped on one leg - I can't express how fucking gentle I was with it, I tried to baby the damn toy. Needless to say, he still stands, and if I'm ever feeling ballsy enough to move him, I could glue the crack.

But yeah, I was pretty pissed about that.

7. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    Never broke mine, but I only transformed him once. The tightest joints on mine were in his knees, which have to buckle under him for them to slide into the handle, and the double joints on his elbows. I could loosen them with a screwdriver but I dont play with him too often.

The one place where you really want to be careful is when you pull his chest up from gun to bot mode. I was really scared of pulling it apart since it requires a lot of force. I'm sure there's a trick to doing it where it wont cause you to get pissy and throw it across the room, like I almost did.

8. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    I guess mine kinda qualifies as broken.

While carefully transforming him (which I've done maybe 20 times), while swinging the barrel out and up to go from gun to bot, a small plastic retaining clip inside broke. It doesn't hurt anything - both modes still look fine - but now I can remove the barrel whenever I want. It's kind of a bummer, yet not really.

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I've transformed mine quite a few times now, and it's not broken at all.

10. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The little doors inside his lower legs that store the feet, a hinge on one of mine broke when I opened it and I can't find the piece. This happened during the 1st transformation. The other hinge opened just fine.

11. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    I already posted this in another thread but I'll put it here too since it has bearing on the topic.

Megatron isn't the only one I've had that looks fragile. I've never transformed mine but I had, at one time, every MP figure. Ultra Magnus and Starscream both had pieces break on their first transformation...and I am very gentle with my toys.

Then I got Megatron. Just looking at him I could tell he was easily broken, so I sold all of my MPs. He's the only one I have left so if you're on the market I have him and his accessory kit available.

I have no more love for the MP line.

12. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I havent transformed him since I got him(Because of the breaking issue). He looks great in Bot Mode. People say well you have a Transformer its no point in haveing it unless you Transform it. I dont believe that at all. I have a Rousch Mustang but have never fully opened her up since I have had it. Its just knowing it can do what it can do is good enough for me.

13. Unicron129

Unicron129 Well-Known Member

True, but in this case it would better be compared to buying a car and never driving it at all for fear of breaking it because the company that made it did not really worry about QC issues.

I have masterpiece starscream and DVD Prime so far. I scraped down the wing joint so that the wing would not crack. Even though I technically had to "fix" my starscream, he was never really broken. My DVD prime could get hit by a bus and survive. I just hope that the Megs that I get holds up as well as these two have.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'l pass on MP Megatron, i am very clumsy and easily frustrated.

15. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    My Megs arm broke. I was sad.

16. puppylove

puppylove mini ops caretaker

News Credits:
    wow, this makes me think twice about MP Megs! i transformed my prime 2 times, and decided not to transform my ultra magnus. i tried to transform my starscream, but couldn't get it to transform correctly, so i put him back in bot mode, and decided i don't need to transform them... i don't want them to brake!

17. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    mine is still fine. only transformed him about 5 times. becuase of how fragile he is, he will stay in robot mode.

18. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    I keep bringing this up, but anyway I'll bring it up again.

Youtube's Dyansis AKA Silverbolt snapped his in half at the waist. Megs is held together by a tiny pin at the waist.

19. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Mine did the same thing, but like you said, it really doesn't hurt anything.

20. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have all of the MP/ALT/BT line. I've transformed all of them without anything ever breaking. I will say that MP Megatron is the only one that had me worried. That being said my 16 year old nephew transformed it fine too.

Wait these things come with instructions?